tModLoader Vanilla Tweaks + other little tweak mods

gardenapple

Steampunker
Note: I'm no longer updating these mods, see here for more info.
My mods are now maintained by @Pop000100, they will receive updates for newer versions of tModLoader but new features won't be added.

Welcome! This is a combined thread for some of my little mods that don't really add any content to Terraria. Instead they just change some things from the regular game.
I decided to put all of these mods into a big megathread because I really don't feel like they are big enough to deserve their own threads.

Table of contents:

kdcROYP.png

Vanilla Tweaks
My main tweak mod. It pretty much contains a whole ton of different little tweaks. There's no particular theme to them, they are just random ideas.

Some of these changes were actually implemented by Re-Logic in the 1.4 update! Those are described with crossed out text, and Vanilla Tweaks only applies them to the 1.3 version.
  • Extractinator_(placed).gif
    Extractinator is now 5x faster. You can change this multiplier in the config file, but 5x is the maximum.
  • Gladiator_armor.png
    Gladiator armor was buffed.
    • Defense increased from 2/3/2 to 5/6/5.
    • Set bonus: +15% crit chance.
    • Now has Blue rarity.
  • Obsidian_armor.png
    Obsidian armor was buffed.
    • Each set piece now gives +3% ranged crit chance.
    • Set bonus: +10% movement speed.
    • Now leaves a trail behind the player when moving.
    • Now has Blue rarity.
  • Meteor_armor.png
    Meteor armor was changed.
    • No longer gives magic bonuses. The 0 Space Gun mana cost stays the same, though.
    • Defense decreased from 5/6/5 to 4/5/4.
    • The reason behind the nerf is so people can try some other mage armors, such as Jungle or Robes.
  • Snow_armor.png
    Pink_Snow_armor.png
    Snow (Eskimo) armor was buffed.
    • Has a 3% drop chance (6% in Expert Mode)
    • Defense increased from 1/2/1 to 3/4/3.
    • Each set piece allows touching cold water without freezing (Expert Mode only).
    • Set bonus: +4 defense, less damage taken from Ice enemies (Warmth buff), immunity to Chilled, Frozen and Frostburn.
    • Now has Blue rarity.
  • Pharaoh%27s_set.png
    Pharaoh's Clothes are now an early-game summoner set.
    • Mask gives 3 defense and +5% minion damage.
    • Robe gives 4 defense and +5% minion damage.
    • Full set gives +1 minion slot.
  • Crimson_armor.png
    Crimson armor now gives +12% melee damage instead of +6% all damage.
  • Rain_armor.png
    Rain armor is now a vanity item set.
  • The_Breaker.png
    Flesh_Grinder.png
    The Breaker and Flesh Grinder's hammer power increased from 55 to 65 (just slightly below the Molten Hamaxe).
  • Meteor_Hamaxe.png
    Meteor Hamaxe's hammer power reduced from 60 to 50 and axe power reduced from 100 to 70.
  • Molten_Hamaxe.png
    Molten Hamaxe's axe power reduced from 150 to 80.
    • Normally in Terraria the Molten Hamaxe is better than many Hardmode axes (about twice as fast as the Cobalt Waraxe), and this is the reason behind the severe nerf.
  • Night%27s_Edge.png
    True_Night%27s_Edge.png
    True_Excalibur.png
    Night's Edge, True Night's Edge and True Excalibur now auto-swing.
  • Bone_Block_(placed).png
    Bone Blocks now drop Bones when mined.
  • Jester%27s_Arrow.png
    Jester's Arrows are now crafted in stacks of 25 (50 in the 1.3 version).
  • Molotov_Cocktail.png
    Molotov Cocktails now have an alternative recipe.
    • Same as regular recipe, but with 25 Gel instead of 1 Pink Gel.
  • Sitting_Duck%27s_Fishing_Pole.png
    Sitting Duck's Fishing Pole is now Hardmode only.
  • Mechanic%27s_Rod.png
    Mechanic's Rod is now sold more often.
  • Undead_Miner.png
    Undead Miners now drop Mining armor pieces with a 33% chance (50% in Expert mode)
    • Also, they are now considered "rare creatures" and will be detected by the Lifeform Analyzer.
  • SWAT_Helmet_(equipped).png
    SWAT Helmet is now a powerful helmet rather than a vanity item.
    • Provides 14 defense.
    • Gives 15% increased ranged damage (to all weapon types) and 5% increased ranged crit chance.
    • It's much better than Shroomite head pieces, though it doesn't count towards any armor set bonuses.
    • If you have Miscellania installed, it will give you a set bonus when worn with the Reinforced Vest.
  • Skull.png
    Skull's texture has been flipped (it's now facing right, just like all helmets and hats)
    • The flipping effect should work with Texture packs, too.
  • Fish_Bowl_(placed).gif
    Fish Bowl now gives you 1 defense. You'll still drown if you wear it though.
  • Viking_Helmet_(equipped).png
    Viking Helmet now gives a set bonus of +5% damage when worn with Iron/Lead chainmail & greaves.
  • Cactus_armor.png
    Cactus Armor now has a set bonus of 25% thorns effect instead of +1 defense.
  • Sandstone_Brick.png
    Sandstone_Brick_Wall.png
    Sandstone_Slab.png
    Sandstone Brick, Sandstone Brick Wall and Sandstone Slabrenamed to Sand Brick, Sand Brick Wall and Sand Slab respectively (they're not made out of Sandstone!)
    • I84Qhd9.png
      If you have Miscellania installed, its Sandstone Slab Wall will be renamed to Sand Slab Wall.
  • Cobalt_Shield.png
    Cobalt Shield renamed to Guardian's Shield (I always thought it was weird that you can get a shield made out of Hardmode ore in pre-Hardmode... and it's even weirder if you get Palladium).
  • Gold Critters now drop 2 Gold when killed (you can still catch them and sell them for 10 Gold though).
  • Removed "Item is favorited" tooltips.
  • All coin recipes (e.g. 1 Silver to 100 Copper etc.) are now always at the end of the recipe list. Which means that in the crafting menu they now show up AFTER all recipes from other mods.
Note: this mod has an options menu! This means that if you don't like some feature, but you want to have all the others, you can disable it by going into either the Mods menu or the pause menu.

Download:
  • Mod Browser
  • Steam Workshop (1.4): link
  • GitHub (old versions): link

kdcROYP.png

Boss Expertise
Is Expert Mode too frustrating for you, but you still want a bit of a challenge? Do you think Normal Mode bosses are too boring?
Then this mod is probably for you! Boss Expertise makes bosses move and behave like in Expert Mode when you're in Normal Mode (without changing their stats). This works on bosses from other mods too!

Optional features:
  • Bosses drop Treasure Bags even in Normal mode (disabled by default).
  • Demon Heart now works in Normal Mode (disabled by default).
  • /expert command which toggles Expert mode in a world (enabled by default).
  • Button in the Cheat Sheet mod menu which does the same thing (enabled by default).
If you want to, you can disable the boss AI change as well (if you only want the commands/Treasure Bags but don't want harder bosses).

Download:
  • Mod Browser

kdcROYP.png

Dye Easy
Dye Easy is a tiny mod that makes Basic and Compound dyes much easier to get by changing their crafting recipes. It's based on one of my old suggestions, way back from 1.2. Yes, I know that those dyes aren't as cool anymore since the release of Strange dyes... But let's at least give them a chance!:)

So, here's the list of changes:
  • You now get 3 Basic dyes per recipe. That way finding just one ingredient is enough for a full set of armor. For example:
    Red_Husk.png
    1x Red Husk =
    Red_Dye.png
    3x Red Dye.
  • When you combine dyes, you get the same amount of dye that you used in the recipe. For example:
    Red_Dye.png
    1x Red Dye +
    Orange_Dye.png
    1x Orange Dye +
    Yellow_Dye.png
    1x Yellow Dye =
    Flame_Dye.png
    3x Flame Dye;
    Cyan_Dye.png
    1x Cyan Dye +
    Black_Dye.png
    1x Black Dye =
    Cyan_and_Black_Dye.png
    2x Cyan and Black Dye etc.
  • Note that recipes for Bright Silver, Intense Flame/Rainbow, Pink Gel, Shifting Pearlsands and Lunar dyes remain unchanged.
Also, theoretically this mod should work with dyes from other mods.

Download:
  • Mod Browser

kdcROYP.png

Which Mod Is This From?
Which Mod Is This From? (WMITF for short) shows the mod which an item, block or NPC comes from.
oLvvTnJ.png

Yep, that's all it does. It's supposed to be used when you play with a lot of mods at once.

You can enable block/NPC tooltips with a keybinding (? by default).
You can disable item tooltips in the Mod Settings menu.

(inspired by the Minecraft mod WAILA by ProfMobius)

Download:
  • Mod Browser

kdcROYP.png

OmniSwing
This mod makes every single weapon in the game auto-swing. And it's compatible with other mods.

• Magic Dagger and Phoenix Blaster are blacklisted as auto-shoot makes them quite OP.
  • New in v3.0: You can blacklist/whitelist certain items via the settings page.

A few people requested to add this feature to Vanilla Tweaks, but instead I made this a separate mod because in my opinion it's a little overpowered. Can't deny that it's fun, though.

This mod can be a bit buggy, so please report any problems you see.

Download:
  • Mod Browser

Support:

Feedback, suggestions (and bug reports) are appreciated!

If you feel like supporting the mod, consider adding these icons to your signature!

Vanilla Tweaks:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/VanillaTweaks/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Boss Expertise:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/BossExpertise/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
OmniSwing:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/OmniSwing/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Which Mod is This From?:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/WMITF/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]
Dye Easy:
Code:
[URL='https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/vanilla-tweaks-other-little-tweak-mods.37443/'][IMG]https://raw.githubusercontent.com/goldenapple3/DyeEasy/master/icon.png[/IMG][/URL]

If anybody wants to help with translating any of my mods, PM me and we'll discuss it.

Note: all of my mods' source code is publicly available on GitHub (see 'Legal stuff' spoiler below for more info).

Special thanks:
  • @Hulvdan for providing me the Extractinator speed up code.
  • @Yalgrin for updating WMITF while I was gone.
  • Flashkirby for creating Mod Settings Configurator.
  • Blushiemagic, jopojelly, Jofairden and others for creating tML, and of course Re-Logic for creating Terraria.

All of these mods are licensed under the MIT License, which means that they are open-source.

Therefore, if I stop updating them and you want to do it yourself, feel free to do it! You can release your versions to the public, as long as I'm credited for my part of the work.

Last edited:
This is the same mod than the other, no? One suggestion: The mage pre hm armors need a buff, (except the meteor armor) the meteorite It can be acquired earlier in the game than diamond robe, jungle armor, gypsy robe, wizard hat etc.(using bombs to explode orbs) one suggestion:
Upgrade the armors but:
Meteor armor changes: Reduces the mana cost of the Space Gun to ̶z̶e̶r̶o̶ three

Good mod and thank you for doing the night's edge
auto-swing

Last edited:
This is the same mod than the other, no? One suggestion: The mage pre hm armors need a buff, (except the meteor armor) the meteorite It can be acquired earlier in the game than diamond robe, jungle armor, gypsy robe, wizard hat etc.(using bombs to explode orbs) one suggestion:
Upgrade the armors but:
Meteor armor changes: Reduces the mana cost of the Space Gun to ̶z̶e̶r̶o̶ three
Good mod and thank you for doing the night's edge auto-swing
I had one big thread for all of my "tiny mods" before but I closed it down and decided to give each mod a separate thread.

About the mage armors: I've never played as a mage in pre-Hardmode so I won't be able to balance them well. I can give a slight nerf to Meteor Armor though.

Also thank you. :)

Last edited:
I actually have an idea!
Make altars be detected by the metal detector and spelunker potions(If it isn't already :p)

I actually have an idea!
Make altars be detected by the metal detector and spelunker potions(If it isn't already :p)
I made Shadow Orbs detectable because when you break them, they give you loot directly (just like ores, chests, pots etc). Meanwhile, Demon Altars just make ores spawn elsewhere, if that makes sense.

I love you for the fact that you've made both the Gladiator's set and Obsidian Outlaw set actual armour sets, especially the Obsidian Outlaw set. Terraria needs a mid-game Ranged set. You get Necro Armour too late in Pre-hardmode and it's easily replaced once you reach Hardmode, and let's be honest, that's probably like an hour after you get Necro Armour.

tModLoader v0.7 is out and apparently all mods need to be updated for it (so says bluemagic123). I was using most of your mods in 0.6, so I figured I'd let you know about the update. Great mods btw.

tModLoader v0.7 is out and apparently all mods need to be updated for it (so says bluemagic123). I was using most of your mods in 0.6, so I figured I'd let you know about the update. Great mods btw.
Oh. Thanks for telling me! I'll make sure to update all of my mods when I have time this weekend.
Also thank you for the support!

So, the port to tML v0.7 is finally done!
Not only that, but I also added some new features:
  • Meteor_armor.png
    Female_Meteorite_Armor.png
    Meteor armor was changed.
    • No longer gives magic bonuses. The 0 Space Gun mana cost stays the same, though.
    • Defense decreased from 5/6/5 to 4/5/4.
    • The reason behind the nerf is so that people use some other mage armors, such as Jungle or Robes.
  • Bone_Block.png
    Bone Blocks now drop Bones when mined.
As you can see, I went with a slightly different route for the Meteor armor than @gui10pow suggested.:) But the idea is still the same.

Last edited:
The mod browser doesn't seem to pick up any mods. I'm on mac and I'm also running tmod 0.6, so I assume that is the problem. Is there a way you could attach a download link as well?

How about making vanity sets actually useful as main armor? I mean, they gave some of them defenses, but not nearly enough to make them useful when you can just get cactus armor more quickly...

Also, make Pearlwood armor actually goid as a starter hardmode armor. Maybe better defense than molten but without set bonus? At present its only useful if you manually create hallow prehardmode before bringing the character you want to use in the playtgrough...

Similarly, buff the stats of hard to farm items with abysmal utility once obtained...

How about making vanity sets actually useful as main armor? I mean, they gave some of them defenses, but not nearly enough to make them useful when you can just get cactus armor more quickly...

Also, make Pearlwood armor actually goid as a starter hardmode armor. Maybe better defense than molten but without set bonus? At present its only useful if you manually create hallow prehardmode before bringing the character you want to use in the playtgrough...

Similarly, buff the stats of hard to farm items with abysmal utility once obtained...
TRUE. I recommend to be a set to wizards, or without stats. But it can have some requiriment that is'nt sooooooo easy to get like wood, but you can get it in final of pre-hardmode

A buff for Pearlwood armor is actually a good idea! I'll probably make it slightly worse than Molten though. Vanity sets... I might give some bonuses to a few vanity pieces, such as the Kimono or the SWAT helmet, but everything else will stay the same.

Hmmm. Bit too nerfed.
I'm trying to make an equal amount of buffs and nerfs.

Side note: I set up a MediaFire link just in case the Mod Browser isn't working for some people.

I guess why I haven't seen it before. Amazing mod, keep doing it, 'couse many things are unbalanced in Terraria(a bit, but still)! The next thing you should nerf are those damn
Fetid Baghnakhs. Reduce their damage or speed because they are just ridiculous. :red:

If I were to suggest a few changes for items:

Buff the excalibur, maybe? It's rendered futile as soon as you get to the jungle after defeating all 3 mechs. Or you can just craft it immediately into the true version. It should have increased swing speed and slightly more knockback.

The flamethrower is sorta useless once you get the megashark, buff the damage a little.

I guess why I haven't seen it before. Amazing mod, keep doing it, 'couse many things are unbalanced in Terraria(a bit, but still)! The next thing you should nerf are those damn
Fetid Baghnakhs. Reduce their damage or speed because they are just ridiculous. :red:
That's kind of the point of them, though.

I don't think that it's their point to be overpowered like hell. They are just ridicolous on this point of the game. :redmunch:
They trade high speed and damage for extremely close range. Feels balanced to me.

Will this be updated for tModLoader 0.8?

Back
Top Bottom