Weapons & Equip Water Balloons

SnailsAttack

Dungeon Spirit
index.php

The empty balloon is sold by the party girl in hardmode. It costs 25 silver per balloon.

index.php
index.php
index.php

These water balloons are crafted at their respective sinks.
(Water = Regular Sink, Lava = Obsidian Sink, Honey = Honey Sink)
When thrown, they will explode and spawn 3 tiles of liquid as soon as they hit a block or entity. They also deal 15 damage, and inflict various debuffs, the Wet, On Fire!, and Honey debuffs respectively.

If you're worried about griefing, we already got the bottomless water bucket and rocket launcher.

Thank you @S4nders for the sprites!

Last edited:
Good suggestion as always.
But, should it deal damage?
And i think it should be a 3X3 liquid square, would work better

How much knockback? What is the use time? I'm sure the water balloons look exactly like the whoopie cushion except a different colour but they still look good anyway. Does that mean you can get a lava balloon? That would be OP. Also what is the wet debuff? Do they explode on contact with the ground or an enemy or do they stay there for a few seconds like the grenade? I think this would probably be one of the more "fun" items of Terraria (eg. whoopie cushion) and doesn't serve any other purpose so all I can say is that you left a lot of details out.

I guess no knockback and itll be cool if you could make special accessories to make the attack faster (like slingshot)
[DOUBLEPOST=1448391901,1448391854][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess again explode at all contacts
[DOUBLEPOST=1448391963][/DOUBLEPOST]And please no lava baloons, too dangerous

I guess no knockback and itll be cool if you could make special accessories to make the attack faster (like slingshot)
[DOUBLEPOST=1448391901,1448391854][/DOUBLEPOST]I guess again explode at all contacts
[DOUBLEPOST=1448391963][/DOUBLEPOST]And please no lava baloons, too dangerous
Watch the double post :/
Anyways @SnailsAttack Im not really sure a single water balloon would produce 9 tiles worth of water.

I was baloon-fighting in reality, and thats fun, and you can still use buckets
[DOUBLEPOST=1448479400,1448479207][/DOUBLEPOST]And water is needed for (I don't remember the name) slowing-honey blocks, fishing, obsidian, making soup (goldfish needed), makin' other stuff with goldfish, and its cool: 25 silver - 9 tiles of liquid, it's very cool even not for fun!
[DOUBLEPOST=1448479618][/DOUBLEPOST]And lava for griefing + instead of killing mechanism in mob farms!
Honey-for fast healing or slowing!

Cool, cool, but not perfect. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this a 7.8, because I think 9 tiles is too much water. It goes into little holes and such, really annoying if you just want to play with them.
Also, you can't hide that recolored whoopie cushion from me! The empty balloon looks a bit odd, well actually, I made some alternative sprites for you:
Empty Balloon.png
Empty Balloon. Purchased at the party girl, indeed. Maybe a little less expensive, seeing it's a 1-time consumable? I would say 2 silver is fine.

Water Balloon.png
Water Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at water (or a sink!). Can be thrown to simply inflict the Wet debuff for 15s.

Lava Balloon.png
Lava Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at lava (or an obsidian sink?). Can be thrown to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 10s.

Honey Balloon.png
Honey Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at honey (or a honey sink?). Can be thrown to inflict Honey for 20s.

They should have a splash effect, inflicting it on all enemies/players in a small radius. So- you could also use them on yourself, which is mainly what the honey balloon would be for. It seems a bit odd to have 3 functionally identical crafting recipes at 1 crafting station, so I made the different colors functional.
I'm still not sure about the water. Perhaps the water balloon should spread 1 tile, but that would be enough. Make sure it's still suitable for a water fight that doesn't flood your home. Also, you don't consume any liquid when liquid is used as a crafting station, so don't have it be unbalanced.

This is just an optional addition. You're free to use it (or not). Greetings.

Cool, cool, but not perfect. On a scale of 1 to 10 I would give this a 7.8, because I think 9 tiles is too much water. It goes into little holes and such, really annoying if you just want to play with them.
Also, you can't hide that recolored whoopie cushion from me! The empty balloon looks a bit odd, well actually, I made some alternative sprites for you:
View attachment 85911 Empty Balloon. Purchased at the party girl, indeed. Maybe a little less expensive, seeing it's a 1-time consumable? I would say 2 silver is fine.

View attachment 85912 Water Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at water (or a sink!). Can be thrown to simply inflict the Wet debuff for 15s.

View attachment 85910 Lava Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at lava (or an obsidian sink?). Can be thrown to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 10s.

View attachment 85909 Honey Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at honey (or a honey sink?). Can be thrown to inflict Honey for 20s.

They should have a splash effect, inflicting it on all enemies/players in a small radius. So- you could also use them on yourself, which is mainly what the honey balloon would be for. It seems a bit odd to have 3 functionally identical crafting recipes at 1 crafting station, so I made the different colors functional.
I'm still not sure about the water. Perhaps the water balloon should spread 1 tile, but that would be enough. Make sure it's still suitable for a water fight that doesn't flood your home. Also, you don't consume any liquid when liquid is used as a crafting station, so don't have it be unbalanced.

The lava one should also do a lot of damage, since fire by itself is kind of useless.

How much knockback? What is the use time? I'm sure the water balloons look exactly like the whoopie cushion except a different colour but they still look good anyway. Does that mean you can get a lava balloon? That would be OP. Also what is the wet debuff? Do they explode on contact with the ground or an enemy or do they stay there for a few seconds like the grenade? I think this would probably be one of the more "fun" items of Terraria (eg. whoopie cushion) and doesn't serve any other purpose so all I can say is that you left a lot of details out.
I guess I'd say Strong Knockback, and Average Usetime. You can get a lava balloon, but I am decreasing the amount of lava tiles it creates. The wet debuff is a thing for the squirt gun. They explode upon contact with anything.
View attachment 85911 Empty Balloon. Purchased at the party girl, indeed. Maybe a little less expensive, seeing it's a 1-time consumable? I would say 2 silver is fine.

View attachment 85912 Water Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at water (or a sink!). Can be thrown to simply inflict the Wet debuff for 15s.

View attachment 85910 Lava Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at lava (or an obsidian sink?). Can be thrown to inflict the On Fire! debuff for 10s.

View attachment 85909 Honey Balloon - Crafted with an Empty Balloon at honey (or a honey sink?). Can be thrown to inflict Honey for 20s.

I'll have them craftable at the sinks only and cause them to inflict the debuffs. I'll also reduce the tiles of liquid created from 9 to 3. I'll also use your sprites! They are definitely an improvement.

Back
Top Bottom