Game Mechanics Weapon Holding Animation ( While Walking or idle )

Olof Almqvist

Official Terrarian

I came up with this Brilliant suggestion, But this seems logic that this should exist in the game!

This Suggestion is about your character holding a weapon while running, Walking, flying or idle.

I Took This for an example - This picture is from @Samrux Signature, See how its holding the paladins hammer? You Walk, Run, Fly and Idle like that!
Another example -
DungeonPaladin.gif

The item you have in the actionbar is what you hold on your hand. For an example, If you have the paladins hammer in slot "1" and you have that slot selected that is the item/weapon/tool that you will have in the hand besides your character!

If you have any thoughts about this suggestion or if you like it, Please comment your thoughts or like the post! Your support means everything :)

If maybe the developers changed the Weapon swinging idea, maybe it whould look good?

Last edited:
love love love! if they can figure a way to make this work and look good enough for a release, i will be absolutely thrilled :D

one thing i've felt that was missing from this already amazing game, was the sense of "life" in terraria. i don't mean with the mobs, but with how stiff the characters felt. to answer that problem, they told us that they were going to fix the "stretchy step" animation where the torso's were stretching to simulate the rise and fall of the body when walking.

after seeing mobs like the paladin carry their faithful weapon at their side whilst walking (albeit to wreck our face) it was a beautiful sight to behold. i support this functionality for player characters all the way! :D

I don't think there needs to be a button to show what weapon you are holding, it should be the weapon you are holding.
And why stop here?
I think the player should display what he/she is holding at all time, whether its a sword, a pickaxe, a potion, or a block.
The item displayed would be the item currently selected in the item bar.

I don't think there needs to be a button to show what weapon you are holding, it should be the weapon you are holding.
And why stop here?
I think the player should display what he/she is holding at all time, whether its a sword, a pickaxe, a potion, or a block.
The item displayed would be the item currently selected in the item bar.

That sounds better in a way, I like it :) I will update the post :)

Back
Top Bottom