Items Whip Weapons

GIRGHGH

Empress of Light
Whips would be large fast melee weapons with less damage, like the muramasa, but start being swung from behind, ending in front. Better whips are larger and faster, and may even have effects! Whip shapes change as swung.

Grass Whip: made from green/purple thread (x8)
grass_whip_by_girghgh-d8iok59.png

-12 damage
-very fast speed
-no knockback

Chain Whip: Dropped by a skeleton in lava (doesn't burn)(not statue spawned ones)
chain_whip_by_girghgh-d8iok9h.png

-13 Damage
-average speed
-average knockback
--Inflicts on fire
-click and hold to fling an enemy over and behind you (will not work through blocks)

Leather Whip: made from Leather (x10) and shadow scales (x12)
leather_whip_by_girghgh-d8iokh4.png

-15 damage
-very fast speed
-extremely weak knockback

Spinal Cord: made from vertebrae (x12) and tissue samples (x12)
spinal_cord_by_girghgh-d8iokjn.png

-16 damage
-very fast speed

The Nematomasa: made from stingers (x8) and glowsticks (x40)
nematomasa_by_girghgh-d8kz5j7.png

-16 Damage
-very fast speed
-inflicts poison
-emits light

Sticky Whip: Made from amber (x10) and gel (x5)
-18 damage
-very fast speed
-Functions as a grappling hook if you use auto-cursor and click a block
-Hook stops retracting halfway through allowing you to swing
-Kicking enemies while swinging deals damage (contacting them)
-defense is increased by 3 while swinging
-Using an item will disable the whip
-Kicking has strong knockback

Morning Star: made from spikes (x50) and chains (x50)
-20 damage
-fast speed
-weak knockback
-has a spiky ball on the end that creates a small shock wave after hitting blocks that deals half damage

Solar Flare: made from hellstone bars (x10) and gel (x100)
-25 damage
-sub-fast speed
-weak knockback
-very long
-inflicts on fire
-emits light

The Whip of Exact Zero: Made from 30 ectoplasm and 1 iron
-30 damage
-Fast speed
-No knockback
-Can strike through blocks

Quantum Whip: made from the solar flare, morning star, spinal cord/leather whip, nematomasa, and grass whip
-35 damage
-very fast speed
-weak knockback
-emits light
-confuses enemies

Hallowed whipaxe: made from hallowed bars (x15)
-32 damage
-very fast speed
-weak knockback
-emits light
-becomes 3x as long by the end of a swing
-has an axe on the end of it (120% power)
-+3 range

Glacier Whip: made from hallowed bars (x15) and a frost core
-34 damage
-very fast speed
-very weak knockback
-emits light
-inflicts frost burn
-becomes 2x as long by the end of a swing

Scorpion Flail: Dropped by dark mummies 0.01%
-10 Damage
-average speed
-Weak knockback
-Damage increases be 5 for 8 swings
-Becomes 2% faster every swing until max dmg
-Knockback becomes average at 30 dmg and strong at 50 dmg
-Becomes 1 block longer every swing until max dmg

Hero's Belt Leather: Dropped by vampires

True Hallowed Whipaxe: made from {the above item}, and the hallowed whipaxe
-36 Damage
-Very Fast speed
-Weak knockback
-Emits light
-Becomes 8x as long by the end of it's swing!
-The axe leaves a trail of damaging particles
-200% axe power
-+8 Range

True Quantum Whip: made from {the item above}, and the quantum whip
-40 damage
-very fast speed
-average knockback
-emits light
-becomes 2x as long by the end of it's swing!
-fires a small, slow moving black hole that will knock back enemies towards it within 8 blocks, dealing damage upon contact (every 5 swings)

The Time Cracker: Made from The True whips and a {above item}
- 48 Damage
-Insane speed
-average knockback
-emits light
-Becomes 4x as long by the end of it's swing!
-fires 5 magnet sphere sized neutron stars in all directions that will knock back enemies towards them within 10 blocks, dealing damage upon contact and within 3 blocks away from it! (every 10 swings)

Jack'o'Whip: Dropped by headless horsemen
-54 Damage
-Very Fast speed
-weak knockback
-Jack'o'lantern on the end emits light
-Inflicts On Fire!
-Molotov Cocktail fires burst from the jack'o'lantern when it hits a block (once per swing)

Flac'o'Whip: Dropped by Flocko
-58 Damage
-Very Fast speed
-Weak knockback
-Emits light
-Inflicts Frostburn
-Shoots 3 gravity bound icicles in front of you

Biome Weapon idea: Ocean biome weapon!
The Octentacle: A whip that looks like an octopus that will swing with 8 tentacles in every direction! Found in the ocean chest in the dungeon, opened by the ocean key made from an ocean key mold dropped by any enemy in the ocean!
-60 Damage
-Very fast speed
-very weak knockback
-inflicts slow for 2 seconds
-Refills air when under liquads
-Becomes twice as long by the end of the swing, also dealing 2 more damage and 3% increase critical when it's fully extended
-After the first swing, the whip will stay extended until you stop autoswinging it

The Whipped Creamer: Dropped by ice mimics
"Look at all that ice cream!"
-30 damage
-Fast speed
-very weak knockback
-leaves a slippery substance on blocks it touches
-becomes 1 block longer with every swing, up to 6 blocks
-Gives well fed to allies for 30 seconds

Slime Whip: Crafted from the slime gun and 500 gel
-20 Damage
-Fast speed
-average knockback
-Inflicts the same debuff as the slime gun
-not as long as other whips
-Magma stone boosts it's stats to equal the solar flare, other than size

The Wyvern Tail: Dropped from wyverns
-33 Damage
-Very Fast speed
-Strong knockback
-Gives feather fall for 10 seconds to allies that are hit with it and to you

The Water whip: Dropped by Giant cursed skulls
-38 Damage
-Fast speed
-Weak knockback
-increases enemy spawn rate for 10 seconds, stacks to 60
-emits light
-casts whirlpools in water and shoots giant water droplets in air
-doesn't work in the underworld
-deals 40 damage on bloodmoons

Whip hilt:allows grappling hooks to deal damage to enemies that cross their path (only hooks fired using this tool will deal damage)
-Requires [material] (x10)
Cobalt/paladium bars: 20 damage
Mythril/Orichalcum bars: 25 damage
adamantite/titanium bars: 30 damage
Beetle Husk: 35 damage

Ideas anybody?

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be like flails? I have a suggestion however: Dr. Bones drops his whip.
Another thing. A whipaxe doesn't sound practical or functional even though a lot of Terraria things are goofy.
Overall: 6/10- could use a bit of work but it's decent.

Wouldn't it be like flails? I have a suggestion however: Dr. Bones drops his whip.
Another thing. A whipaxe doesn't sound practical or functional even though a lot of Terraria things are goofy.
Overall: 6/10- could use a bit of work but it's decent.
That's what the WIP status is for! Thank you for your response. Any special whip suggestions anybody has will be noted, but, the Dr.Bones whip would be a bit redundant, seeing as there is already a leather whip. The whipaxe is actually an Idea from another suggestion i made for post-fishron items, but the idea was so dauntingly big that I never got to posting it. There was at least 50 new items in my idea, and that would take two days of my free-time to post. Whipaxe made more sense in that than it does here admittedly. What would rather it be, because I don't want just "hallowed whip", that is redonculously boring.

That's what the WIP status is for! Thank you for your response. Any special whip suggestions anybody has will be noted, but, the Dr.Bones whip would be a bit redundant, seeing as there is already a leather whip. The whipaxe is actually an Idea from another suggestion i made for post-fishron items, but the idea was so dauntingly big that I never got to posting it. There was at least 50 new items in my idea, and that would take two days of my free-time to post. Whipaxe made more sense in that than it does here admittedly. What would rather it be, because I don't want just "hallowed whip", that is redonculously boring.
Well scrap the leather one or make is exclusive to Dr. Bones. You can't pass up a reference like that.

Well scrap the leather one or make is exclusive to Dr. Bones. You can't pass up a reference like that.
Well, the archaeologist's hat is from Dr. bones, and the rest of the outfit is made from leather. I thought that was already enough to pass as an extension to the reference. Also, new item added. I was thinking of the ivy whip when I did.

Well, the archaeologist's hat is from Dr. bones, and the rest of the outfit is made from leather. I thought that was already enough to pass as an extension to the reference. Also, new item added. I was thinking of the ivy whip when I did.
It's one of the most iconic things of Indiana Jones.

Ah, I have an idea! A whip based on snakes, and it's somehow related to flying snakes.

It's one of the most iconic things of Indiana Jones.

Ah, I have an idea! A whip based on snakes, and it's somehow related to flying snakes.
I think i might be able to use that, but none of my whips are really drops. I'll think about it once I've added the rest of the ones I had in mind.

I'm glad someone made a suggestion about whips.
If you don't mind a few suggestions/comments...

In order to distinguish Whips from Flails, whips should have a small hitbox and shorter range but be rapid swing (if not auto swing). If you need a in game item to base whips off of, use the Chain Knife as a starting point. In many ways it's already a de facto whip.

The Solar Eclipse and/or Pumpkin Moon definitely needs to have their own unique whip drop, because reasons...

I like the "Whip Hilt". Is it meant to be an Accessory that allows Grappling Hooks to do damage or is it a Weapon that fires your Grappling Hook AS a weapon?

I'm glad someone made a suggestion about whips.
If you don't mind a few suggestions/comments...

In order to distinguish Whips from Flails, whips should have a small hitbox and shorter range but be rapid swing (if not auto swing). If you need a in game item to base whips off of, use the Chain Knife as a starting point. In many ways it's already a de facto whip.

The Solar Eclipse and/or Pumpkin Moon definitely needs to have their own unique whip drop, because reasons...

I like the "Whip Hilt". Is it meant to be an Accessory that allows Grappling Hooks to do damage or is it a Weapon that fires your Grappling Hook AS a weapon?
Thanks for replying, yes, I will be making whips for The events, and yes, the whip hilt uses a hook as a weapon. It would look like a normal whip, but with the hook's design.

"Broken Hero whip hilt: Drop from the solar eclipse"
Already a whip type thing for that.
Okay, scratch that then. I feel the Terra Blade should be the only Terra weapon. It also doesn't seem to fit, as there aren't Broken Hero Bows or Broken Hero Staffs.

Back
Top Bottom