Wii U Digital Launch and Console Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
TERRARIA XBOX UPDATE

As you may be aware, we discovered a serious error in Xbox One online multiplayer earlier this week. This has now been fixed and tested, and, huge thanks to Microsoft, a new patch is on a fast track to certification. Once approved, we’ll be able to share the release date. We expect to be able to give you this information early next week.

The Xbox 360 patch has also finished testing at Microsoft, and subject to our own final verification today will go live early next week.

We apologise again for the downtime on Xbox One multiplayer, and be assured you’ll be able to join up with your fellow Terrarians online again very soon.

@Deanzor you have outdone yourself! All of this work for the update is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Honestly, Thanks alot to the Moderators for making sure everything is under control and the Xbox console team AND the Certification team for making sure nothing gets bugged out and making sure nothing blows up! But I just need this one question answered. Just give it to me straight, will this 1.2.4 update be the LAST MAJOR UPDATE as of the Xbox 360? Just tell it to me straight, I dont mind hearing the truth about this. Thanks in Future reference. :merchantgrin:

@Coolguy2201 - It's been talked about, mainly speculation by us forum users. @Nike Leon even brought up how the 1.3 update increased the PC requirements to run it. There's a lot of content within 1.3 itself and the 360/PS3 are a decade old. I'm not being down on either console as I feel their generation was a great one, but I don't think the full 1.3 update will make its way to the older consoles due to memory issues.

I could be totally wrong as well. There's a lot going on under the hood of Terraria and these developers with their wizardry have been able to add all of these (sometimes content heavy) updates and the game still runs great on these old consoles.

@Coolguy2201 - It's been talked about, mainly speculation by us forum users. @Nike Leon even brought up how the 1.3 update increased the PC requirements to run it. There's a lot of content within 1.3 itself and the 360/PS3 are a decade old. I'm not being down on either console as I feel their generation was a great one, but I don't think the full 1.3 update will make its way to the older consoles due to memory issues.

I could be totally wrong as well. There's a lot going on under the hood of Terraria and these developers with their wizardry have been able to add all of these (sometimes content heavy) updates and the game still runs great on these old consoles.
Well still have harddrives so we can just get a big one and move the game to it so when I hook it to it I have 1.3 Terraria when it happens

That's not how it works. Sure, a large harddrive will be able to store the update, but you'll still need the CPU and RAM to run it. If either of those is insufficient, the game will either run at a choppy frame-rate or not at all.

If it came to just harddrive space, companies like Gearbox (Borderlands 2) would have just released endless content updates for their games. But due to console memory limitations they were unable to do so and they figured releasing certain things PC only would have sparked outrage.

Like I said, this Dev team has done wonders with Terraria to get it to run as well as it does on decade-old tech. But don't be shocked if they're unable to run the full 1.3 update. Xbox360/PS3 players could get some things from it, and we have already, but it's likely everything will just be too much.

That's not how it works. Sure, a large harddrive will be able to store the update, but you'll still need the CPU and RAM to run it. If either of those is insufficient, the game will either run at a choppy frame-rate or not at all.

If it came to just harddrive space, companies like Gearbox (Borderlands 2) would have just released endless content updates for their games. But due to console memory limitations they were unable to do so and they figured releasing certain things PC only would have sparked outrage.

Like I said, this Dev team has done wonders with Terraria to get it to run as well as it does on decade-old tech. But don't be shocked if they're unable to run the full 1.3 update. Xbox360/PS3 players could get some things from it, and we have already, but it's likely everything will just be too much.

Ya well I'm thankful that I have the rest of 1.2.4!

As am I. I've been playing games since the early 80s and this is by far my favorite game ever. Should 1.3 just happen to be too much, it is what is, but I'll still enjoy the hell out of Terraria 1.2.4 on my Xbox 360.

But don't be shocked if they're unable to run the full 1.3 update. Xbox360/PS3 players could get some things from it, and we have already, but it's likely everything will just be too much.

That would suck so much... Especially because of the Moon lord. He's basically an official goal for players to reach, and honestly, why I still play Terraria.

That would suck so much... Especially because of the Moon lord. He's basically an official goal for players to reach, and honestly, why I still play Terraria.
I'm sorry. 1.3 may not run on the last gen. I Know it is upsetting but look on the bright side, 1.2.4 will be out soon

There's a good chance of this.
@Deanzor you have outdone yourself! All of this work for the update is GREATLY APPRECIATED! Honestly, Thanks alot to the Moderators for making sure everything is under control and the Xbox console team AND the Certification team for making sure nothing gets bugged out and making sure nothing blows up! But I just need this one question answered. Just give it to me straight, will this 1.2.4 update be the LAST MAJOR UPDATE as of the Xbox 360? Just tell it to me straight, I dont mind hearing the truth about this. Thanks in Future reference. :merchantgrin:

Appreciate the kind words as ever, but it not breaking in the first place is better than us fixing it quickly when it does. You rely on us to be custodians of something very precious to you, and we're gutted when things go badly.

To your question, there's inevitably going to be a point where old gen has to get left behind so the current gen machines aren't held back. We're discussing this currently, and there will be an announcement soon once we're got the plan sorted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom