Member-Run Contest Win a copy of Pixel Piracy--Build Competition!

Which of the Top Five should win?

• Catz

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Flor3nce2456

Votes: 8 29.6%
  • Pellaeon

Votes: 7 25.9%
  • Pirtz

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Stargazer Sammie

Votes: 8 29.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Khaios

Duke Fishron
Hello my fellow Terrarians!

I've been thinking of hosting a mini build competition of my own for a while now, and with Pixel Piracy on sale, I figure why not? Now's a good time as any!
Why am I doing this? For several reasons. I love when people build in this fantastic game, and I'm always willing to encourage people to do so. Pixel Piracy is fun in its own right, so I figure I'd give anyone interested in playing it a shot at getting a free copy.

The competition will start at 12:00am PDT on 6/13/2015 (Saturday). Entries will be accepted from that time until 11:59pm PDT on 6/19/2015 (Friday).
Any entries made before or after the allotted will be disqualified.

To enter, reply to this thread including a screenshot of your build. Please do not submit screenshots of TEdit schematics. Make sure the resolution of the image is large enough that people can easily see your build!

The thread is mainly intended for entries and winner announcements. If you have questions or comments regarding the competition, feel free to post them here as well. Please do not critique any of the entries until after the winner has been announced. If you wish to provide feedback on an entry, contact the builder personally. Once the winner has been announced, the rules tied to the thread will be revoked, and you can freely discuss the competition/entries.

Competition Rules:
  • Only one entry per person
  • New builds only (do not post something you've built before this competition was created)
  • Do not build larger than the specified area (mentioned below)
  • Do not include items in the build that are not obtainable naturally in game (Dev armor, natural decoration, etc)
Note: You can use mods and programs such as TEdit, should you choose to.

Judging: Judging for this competition will be in two parts. First, my wife and I will go over all entries, and pick top five. We will make this decision based on:
  • Aesthetics
  • Attention to detail
  • Environment
  • Attention to theme
Once the top five have been selected, I will create a poll on this thread, which will remain open for one week. In that time, anybody on the TCF can vote on their favorite out of the top five. The entry with the most votes will win the copy of Pixel Piracy! In the case of a tie, I will reward both players with a copy. If, by chance, more than two people tie, my wife and I will hold a tie breaker decision, and the top two will win a copy of the game. In the case of too few entries, the winner will be selected by my wife and me using the guidelines above, and there will be no public voting.

Parameters and Theme of the Competition:
  • Builds must NOT exceed these dimensions: 140 blocks wide x 80 blocks tall
  • The theme of the builds is (you guessed it) pirate ships!
  • The primary focus is going to be the ship. If you chose to build an island, fort, or anything else into the environment, make sure it fits the allotted space.
  • You can use anything obtainable in game without the assistance of exploits, mods, or third-party programs.
  • ANY platform will be accepted for this competition, though please bare in mind that the copy of Pixel Piracy you will be winning is a Steam download. Console entries taken by digital camera will not be marked down for image quality, but I cannot guarantee that others will not judge them poorly during the public voting.
Remember, do not start making entries before 12:00am on Saturday, or they will be disqualified.
Good luck everyone, and happy building!

Last edited:
Top Five Pirate Ships (in alphabetical order):

@Catz
index.php

----------------------------------------

@Flor3nce2456
index.php

@Pellaeon
ael8XTE.png

@Pirtz
index.php

@StargazerSammie
index.php

Last edited:
Finally a chance for me to get that pixel pirate title >:)

Can't wait to show off see all the competitors here!

Good luck everyone! Unfortunately, I can't join the contest because I'm busy at the moment. One big project in Terraria before the end of the month and some real life stuff. I hope other people have more time at their disposal. ^^

There's not enough time...
I would, but It ends tomorrow...
And I wouldn't be able to finish for tomorrow...
RIP.

Builds are due 11:59 PM PDT on 6/19/2015. So you still have time. It's only the 12th.

Edit EST it is due 2:59 AM. Also, I'm in, but only for fun. If I win Pixel Piracy, someone else can have it due to the fact that I have already bought it.

Edit 2: Gees, so many edits in so short time. Just to let you know, the Corrupted, Crimson, and Hallowed Versions of Stone and Jungle Walls can be made by using the on clentaminator the placed versions. So they're not technically unobtainable.

Last edited:
Builds are due 11:59 PM PDT on 6/19/2015. So you still have time. It's only the 12th.

Edit EST it is due 2:59 AM. Also, I'm in, but only for fun. If I win Pixel Piracy, someone else can have it due to the fact that I have already bought it.

Edit 2: Gees, so many edits in so short time. Just to let you know, the Corrupted, Crimson, and Hallowed Versions of Stone and Jungle Walls can be made by using the on clentaminator the placed versions. So they're not technically unobtainable.
Oh.
I read the beginning time as the end time.
silly me.

So... I guess I'll work on my (not this) build until this starts.

Actually, I had said unobtainable through mods, third party programs, or exploits. Since stone and grass walls are obtainable in game without mods, as is the clentaminator, then these walls are allowed. I just want people to build things that can only be accomplished in game without mods. Though, I'm really curious as to how you would include these in a pirate ship ^.^

Actually, I had said unobtainable through mods, third party programs, or exploits. Since stone and grass walls are obtainable in game without mods, as is the clentaminator, then these walls are allowed. I just want people to build things that can only be accomplished in game without mods. Though, I'm really curious as to how you would include these in a pirate ship ^.^
One question - gameiki is allowed?

One question - gameiki is allowed?
Absolutely.

Gameiki, Tshock, TeEdit, inventory editors, and any other building mods/programs are allowed. I just don't want people to use them to get access to items that are unobtainable to players that don't use those mods.

Good luck everyone! Unfortunately, I can't join the contest because I'm busy at the moment. One big project in Terraria before the end of the month and some real life stuff. I hope other people have more time at their disposal. ^^
Yup I have similar situation, sorry guys. Nothing by force. I hope that other people will build some wonderful things. Good luck! I will attempt to vote for my favorite :dryadwink:

You can start building as soon as you want. I just don't want people making entries until Saturday ^.^ Why? I dunno. I felt like having a strange rule.

Does it have to be a pirate ship on water? Because I just had an idea involving the words Steampowered and Air Pirates and I wanna know if I can do something along that train of thought as an entry. The rules don't say anything against it but I'd rather check and be certain than not check and be disqualified because my ship flies.

Does it have to be a pirate ship on water? Because I just had an idea involving the words Steampowered and Air Pirates and I wanna know if I can do something along that train of thought as an entry. The rules don't say anything against it but I'd rather check and be certain than not check and be disqualified because my ship flies.

I didn't specify, you're right. We're looking for pirate themed sail ships, but I won't disqualify them if they're built in the air or lava. So, a steampunk pirate airship would be acceptable, as long as it still has the look of a sail ship. No zeppelins, or the sort. ^.^ Hope that clears up your question for you.

I didn't specify, you're right. We're looking for pirate themed sail ships, but I won't disqualify them if they're built in the air or lava. So, a steampunk pirate airship would be acceptable, as long as it still has the look of a sail ship. No zeppelins, or the sort. ^.^ Hope that clears up your question for you.
So give it sails, not a balloon, got it! I can totally work with this. And I am so adding 'Hell Pirate Ship' to that list of things to try building. I was wondering what to put down there anyway

For Steam punk ship there is one problem - the 80 units in height is not enough... I thought to build a similar, but there are simply not enough blocks in height(((

Ooooh! A challenge! I'm game!

EDIT: Fairly certain this is the right size:

EDIT2: No, I have not started building. :p

Didn't see that you had edited your post until just now, Puppy! No, that is definitely too small. Every tile in the grid is a single block, so what you've posted there is 96x55. We're looking for 140x80 blocks. Quite a bit more space for you to work with!

Back
Top Bottom