Items Wolf Mount - For land-based traveling

Status
Not open for further replies.

SzGamer227

Spazmatism
This thread is closed. While this suggestion has not been implemented, the Unicorn Mount has, which takes the niche where this was intended to go.

(Not to say I am very happy with the addition, I looove it! :happy:)

First off, I think the general concept of a Wolf mount is pretty cool. Secondly, the only purely land-based Mounts in the game are the Bunny and the Slime Mounts, and even then the Slime is able to float on water. What I want to see is a Hardmode Mount that has the same general function as the Bunny, but travels horizontal distance faster and is generally cooler. That's where the Wolf Mount comes in.

Wolf Mount.png
Tooth Studded Saddle.png

Tooth Studded Saddle
*Summons a rideable Wolf mount.
"You have tamed a feral hunter. For now."

Stats
:
Mount Speed: Extremely Fast
Acceleration: Fast
Jump Height: 4.5 Blocks

Breakdown
:
The Wolf would behave exactly like the Bunny Mount, except it would travel faster at the expense of 25% reduced jump height. The Wolf matches the top speed of even the Rudolph Mount, but accelerates much faster. The Wolf would be the optimal method of travelling quicly across flat terrain, but suffer in terms of climbing ability.

Acquisition:
Always sold by the Traveling Merchant when in the Snow Biome.

That pretty much wraps it up. Let me know what you think! If you'd like to see this added, say so!

Last edited:
Yeah, looks like a horizontal-movement mount is something we can look forward to in 1.3. And this looks generally awesome.

Though we could potentially kill two birds with this. Currently, the Wolves in the Snow biome don't drop anything special... yet. Besides, wouldn't the Traveling Merchant's wares be independent of the location he's in, logically?

Yeah, looks like a horizontal-movement mount is something we can look forward to in 1.3. And this looks generally awesome.

Though we could potentially kill two birds with this. Currently, the Wolves in the Snow biome don't drop anything special... yet. Besides, wouldn't the Traveling Merchant's wares be independent of the location he's in, logically?

I'm not sure if everything in the game should have a special drop... look at... uh... crap. Um... Anyway, I'm all ears for having it be dropped by da wolf.

The thing about that is that currently, Mounts are either stupid rare drops from Bosses or found in some other special method. I decided it would probably be better to go with the latter, because people are generally allergic to RNG, and in order to justify a mount being dropped by a common enemy, it would have to be a stupid stupid low drop rate. Stupider than banners stupid.

The thing about that is that currently, Mounts are either stupid rare drops from Bosses or found in some other special method. I decided it would probably be better to go with the latter, because people are generally allergic to RNG, and in order to justify a mount being dropped by a common enemy, it would have to be a stupid stupid low drop rate. Stupider than banners stupid.
In that case, we could make it a rare drop from Ice Mimics, maybe?

And the Traveling Merchant isn't RNG?

In that case, we could make it a rare drop from Ice Mimics, maybe?
Ice Mimics already drop the Toy Sled, and having an enemy drop both a Mount and a Pet item would be a bit too much.

And the Traveling Merchant isn't RNG?
It's not grinding, though. You can go off and do whatever you want while you wait for the Traveling Merchant. You would have to camp out in the Snow biome night after night after night after night... yeah, you can see the difference. One is definitely better than the other.

Ice Mimics already drop the Toy Sled, and having an enemy drop both a Mount and a Pet item would be a bit too much.

It's not grinding, though. You can go off and do whatever you want while you wait for the Traveling Merchant. You would have to camp out in the Snow biome night after night after night after night... yeah, you can see the difference. One is definitely better than the other.

Yeah, but still... if you see it as fit, I won't disagree. I don't even use mounts often, in fact... not at all...

I would say give it a Tabi effect every few seconds,and it can only dash left and right?
Most people prefer flight,so I though a little extra buff would help.
And yes,I saw the extra speed bonus,don't think I didn't,please.

I would say give it a Tabi effect every few seconds,and it can only dash left and right?
Most people prefer flight,so I though a little extra buff would help.
And yes,I saw the extra speed bonus,don't think I didn't,please.
I don't know... a straight-up speed bonus makes more sense to me. I don't think there's a logical reason why a wolf would be able to magically and spontaneously burst its acceleration, so it just doesn't feel like it would fit.

(it looks like that guy is standing on the wolf)

Seems good to me, but I don't like how it requires the traveling merchant to be in a snow biome. Since you can't move him wherever you want like other NPCs, you would have to either move a bunch of NPC's to the snow biome and hope you get lucky, or slowly and painfully manipulate the landscape in an attempt to force the merchant to walk there...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom