tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Chronomancer, on the other hand...
You know what this means, right? You need to make a set of magic chakrams for the Chronomancer in your prefixes mod! Now to just build full tank and grab my grasp of the undying... ;)

Edit: Now to try something out. I do actually want to make this "Ekko" character I made feel even more like Ekko. I'm gonna try to make some kind of hybrid build for him. Magic damage and some melee. This'll be interesting.

Last edited:
You know what this means, right? You need to make a set of magic chakrams for the Chronomancer in your prefixes mod! Now to just build full tank and grab my grasp of the undying... ;)
There's a reason I didn't give him tank stats :sigh:

Anyway, I put up another quick update in an attempt to fix Demon. Given up on allowing the flames to contact enemies. Dragoon wasn't getting any jump height, since I forgot to give him a base boost for the multipliers, so that's fixed too.

Hey Hiccup, do you think you could provide another download link. The link on the first page isn't working for me. I tried to update the mod on mod browser, but mod browser is under heavy load.

Hey Hiccup, do you think you could provide another download link. The link on the first page isn't working for me. I tried to update the mod on mod browser, but mod browser is under heavy load.
Looks like it's back up now. Sorry, I was playing multiplayer with a few friends.

So, I updated and I don't seem to be a Soulbound anymore. My active flings me sky high. I decided to update because my sentry had the insane boost, so I figured I hadn't updated when you made that update. You said you might add a total class reset thing in only obtainable by cheating. Is that in yet? If so, I'll just get that and cheat in boss summons to fight them.

So, I updated and I don't seem to be a Soulbound anymore. My active flings me sky high. I decided to update because my sentry had the insane boost, so I figured I hadn't updated when you made that update. You said you might add a total class reset thing in only obtainable by cheating. Is that in yet? If so, I'll just get that and cheat in boss summons to fight them.
I just updated with one - it removes only your class, so don't worry about losing level up bonuses. They should be there when you pick up your new class.
The item, Void Contract, is meant to allow people to fix the save/load issues that change your actual class. It's only craftable from a blank contract. I should also note that the update fixed a multiplayer issue where abilities that caused damage without use of projectiles (like Blood Knight, Angel, and Chronomancer) weren't having their damage registered by the server.

Awesome. That item will also make it a bit easier to test out the classes and leave input more quickly with less effort. So you can expect any problems with certain classes that havent been played with to be discovered soon enough.

Demon-class; last update...
Flames now more powerfull to shoot, but no shielding? It's cool! After this update spheres no has flying grass-cutter around me. But if you die - spheres no respawn. I dying with three spheres - i respawn, but flames not respawn too.

I feel bad pointing it out, with how much of a hassle the mechanic has been to fix. For the Demon, for me, a minute or two into play, the flames seem to despawn on their own one by one every couple seconds, and no more are ever generated. This was with fresh character, with no level ups.

Also, the Knight's shield ability appears to always cause knockback to the right, which is fine if it hits a mob on your right, but if a mob on your left is hit, it's launched directly into you.

Last edited:
Demon-class; last update...
Flames now more powerfull to shoot, but no shielding? It's cool! After this update spheres no has flying grass-cutter around me. But if you die - spheres no respawn. I dying with three spheres - i respawn, but flames not respawn too.
I feel bad pointing it out, with how much of a hassle the mechanic has been to fix. For the Demon, for me, a minute or two into play, the flames seem to despawn on their own one by one every couple seconds, and no more are ever generated. This was with fresh character, with no level ups.

Also, the Knight's shield ability appears to always cause knockback to the right, which is fine if it hits a mob on your right, but if a mob on your left is hit, it's launched directly into you.
Good news is I should be able to fix both of those problems with the Demon. I thought I'd fixed death messing with the spawns last patch, but I used the wrong hook to try to update values when the player is dead. Hopefully next patch will mark the end of these problems.

For the knight, I'll see what I can do. Not sure why it's behaving that way.

So, the twins summon works a bit weird as a Soulbound. You get both for a bit, but once they get to far apart the melee one kinda seems to despawn. Considering the way the Soulbound is, this could possibly be an intended effect. If it's intended, then it's dumb in my opinion. If not, it'd be nice if you could try fixing it. Having just one of the twins makes the optic staff so weak, that despite the improved damage it might be better for me to stay with spiders. Also, in a sense the twins are "bound" together, so why unbound them?

Maybe @DivermanSam can help you? I seem to recall he had a similar/the same problem with his Enchanted Barrier spell in the Thorium Mod.
If I have real trouble figuring it out, I'll ask.

Edit: Removed standard knockback and made it omnidirectional. Should feel better blocking flying enemies like demon eyes.
So, the twins summon works a bit weird as a Soulbound. You get both for a bit, but once they get to far apart the melee one kinda seems to despawn. Considering the way the Soulbound is, this could possibly be an intended effect. If it's intended, then it's dumb in my opinion. If not, it'd be nice if you could try fixing it. Having just one of the twins makes the optic staff so weak, that despite the improved damage it might be better for me to stay with spiders. Also, in a sense the twins are "bound" together, so why unbound them?
Not intentional. I think I found out why it happens after a bit of testing, and I think I fixed it. It seems it was an issue with the game killing it when netUpdate was set to true, which happens when it's dashing.

Last edited:
Update up, kind of smallish but it does come with (hopefully) final fixes to the Demon, one of which is a pretty huge buff. I increased flame damage slightly, but the biggest change was that he wasn't getting any magic scaling for them - this is fixed, along with death limiting flame spawns and flames despawning and never returning. Knight shield only knocking back enemies to the right is fixed, and now knocks back based on the angle between you and the enemy. Soulbound shouldn't have issues with the Optic staff anymore, either.

New class, as well: the Angler. No combat buffs for this guy, but some pretty big buffs to fishing skill (+95 at max level) and a reasonably strong combat active - which happens to scale with fishing power. Be sure to carry your best bait and rod to get the most out of it. Check the OP for a description.

Update up, kind of smallish but it does come with (hopefully) final fixes to the Demon, one of which is a pretty huge buff. I increased flame damage slightly, but the biggest change was that he wasn't getting any magic scaling for them - this is fixed, along with death limiting flame spawns and flames despawning and never returning. Knight shield only knocking back enemies to the right is fixed, and now knocks back based on the angle between you and the enemy. Soulbound shouldn't have issues with the Optic staff anymore, either.

New class, as well: the Angler. No combat buffs for this guy, but some pretty big buffs to fishing skill (+95 at max level) and a reasonably strong combat active - which happens to scale with fishing power. Be sure to carry your best bait and rod to get the most out of it. Check the OP for a description.
Ooh, Angler class. After I'm done with Soulbound, if I do another normal playthrough with just this mod, then I'm totally being that.

How download with link in the first post? ModLoader is busy(
The link in the OP will try to get it from the mod browser, if one doesn't work then the other won't either. It's been having issues recently, so I attached a .zip with the most recent update to the OP.

Active: Throw a piece of magic shark bait. The enemy hit by the bait will attract a shark, regardless of any nearby water (don't ask how). The shark leaps up, chomping on the enemy (and anything nearby), knocking it up into the air and dealing damage scaling with level and fishing power. This includes current bait and fishing rod in the calculation. The shark deals half damage on the way down.
That Fizz ultimate though. More League classes please! :naughty:

That Fizz ultimate though. More League classes please! :naughty:
What can I say? There are some fun ideas that transfer over well to Terraria. There are many more that could be adapted to fit: Graves, Kassadin, Lee Sin, Lissandra, Lucian, Morgana, Talon... I probably won't use all or most of them, but they're all good places to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom