Tool TEdit - Terraria Map Editor

Nice! Any posibility to have a image with the background/trees/cave styles? I had one with the trees and several with biome bacgrounds a year ago but I cant find it anymore. Im in love with some of them and want to put them in my main world.

Some of these requests are being worked on or have issues already.

FYI, the wiki [https://github.com/TEdit/Terraria-Map-Editor/wiki] now has a better menu for navigating content.
upload_2016-5-31_16-7-6-png.147175

Hi, I wanted to ask, can somebody link me to images of all the backgrounds used, and their respective numbers? Like, in the world editor, there's a section to change the background, and I'd like to do that.

I might try to make an adventure map some day. But for right now I'm working on my big crazy duck hunt like game. XD

Just a few things I noticed that I think might need fixing/changing with TEdit. Some of the traps have 5 ways they can be facing, top, up, down, left, and right. Why do we need "top"? Also the sprites for the spear traps are all facing down. And when you scroll over any timer, it says "1 second timer" on the tile. The 3 and 5 second timer shouldn't say "1 second timer". It's hard to tell what kind of timer it is when wires are covering it. I know we can switch the wire display off, but I'm sure everyone would agree it would be easier if the timer had the right number labeled on the tile.

So needy Sovereign.... Just joking, Timer's are fixed, as are spear traps. Spiky Ball and Spear have the top as well as the 4 cardinals because there are five sprites, not sure the difference or when the game uses each one, but they're there
vdIzw94.png

So needy Sovereign.... Just joking, Timer's are fixed, as are spear traps. Spiky Ball and Spear have the top as well as the 4 cardinals because there are five sprites, not sure the difference or when the game uses each one, but they're there
vdIzw94.png
I'm just trying to help make TEdit better for everyone. XD And call me Vis.

I saw it on the "bug forum", but there was no answers. Why the 5 lines of the "false surface level" are invisible without lights if the world have been TEdited ?
Per example :
Considering the spawn (0;0)
The surface level is at y=0 line
Then 5 weird lines from y=-1 to y=-6
Then the Underground and it's fine.
So do you know how this can occur ? And do you have the solution ? Because I need to build a map which needs the correct levels to spawn mobs correctly.
May be, instead of deleting the entire world at generating and then copy my map on the empty space, I should delete only the blocks, because the "false surface level" might have strange backwalls that should not be deleted normally ?
Screenshots :
We see here the bug at the normal surface
20160617161617_1.jpg
and then deeper the bug disappear
20160617161658_1.jpg
We can see clearly the bugged level on the 2nd screenshot
Help pls !

More things that don't turn out right when you copy and flip them. Traps facing one way will keep facing that way if you copy and flip a design. I did it with spear traps that were facing left, and they still face left when you flip the design. Not sure about up and down but might want to check on that too. And announcement boxes disappear when you copy and flip a design. Not sure if signs do the same, I just noticed it does that with announcement boxes.

Terkaza, have you modified the Surface Level in your world with TEdit?
What's your world size? What have you set the Surface Level at?
[doublepost=1466206356,1466205971][/doublepost]Vis, the clipboard was basically designed to flip tiles, not sprites, it's very simple in design... put x at max - x.... it doesn't look at the uv's really at all and would need a very through overhaul to add switching of sprites with directions. Looking at the code it also appears to delete any multi-width tiles on a x flip and any multi-height tiles on a y flip, so most sprites would get deleted

[doublepost=1466206356,1466205971][/doublepost]Vis, the clipboard was basically designed to flip tiles, not sprites, it's very simple in design... put x at max - x.... it doesn't look at the uv's really at all and would need a very through overhaul to add switching of sprites with directions. Looking at the code it also appears to delete any multi-width tiles on a x flip and any multi-height tiles on a y flip, so most sprites would get deleted
Okay, so that's not something that can be done or fixed? Well, I just wanted to point it out.

I had initially problems with harpies, so I copied the world to paste him on another world
I created a world 1000x1200 and inserted my map inside after deleting the blocks
I set surface level at something like 861 and cavern at 891 because my map were designed for a cavern level starting 309 blocks above bottom and a surface level with 30 blocks height. (whether I speak english whether it's a total slaught)
Changing the surface level and deleting the blocks could provoke the error ?

I had initially problems with harpies, so I copied the world to paste him on another world
I created a world 1000x1200 and inserted my map inside after deleting the blocks
I set surface level at something like 861 and cavern at 891 because my map were designed for a cavern level starting 309 blocks above bottom and a surface level with 30 blocks height. (whether I speak english whether it's a total slaught)
Changing the surface level and deleting the blocks could provoke the error ?

The other time I've seen this error pop up was due to changing the surface level as well. When a world is generated by Terraria the surface level has a set min or max it can be and it's possible setting it outside this range is something Terraria doesn't like to deal with. The stock generation code allows 17%-30% of Height. I'd try setting your surface level between 204 and 360 and see if it fixes the problem. You could probably further test it after that by increasing in increments until the error occurs again

Also the Portal Gun Station doesn't show up in the sprites. It shows up there when you put it in the world your self. But it's not in the sprite list on TEdit.
And for putting items in a chest, I can't find the S.D.M.G on the list.

Back
Top Bottom