tModLoader The JoostMod

Hell yes! Finally some new stuff! It is night and I gtg to bed. I will check it tommorow.
[doublepost=1463024798,1463024713][/doublepost]
I kind of like the really OP items, feels like a really fun reward for beating the boss and being at the end of the game. I guess I'm in the minority though.
Nah I have the Ragnorok which is more difficult. Won't work in series on YouTube. :(

I fixed the lag issue awhile ago, my 2007 laptop seems to handle it fine, I'll look into it though. I like how I have the mustache currently, I was planning on adding a bow called the Jumbow, it shoots a giant cactus arrow that explodes into shrapnel!(I just need to figure out how to do that.) I JUST nerfed the weapons, remember that these are supposed to be AFTER the Moon lord. 5000 needles is designed to be a single-target spell, with Last Prism being the magic AoE of choice. Also, the Cactuar/Qactuar AI's are staying the same, I like how the creepily stare at you!

one thing, if you want to make a bow that converts what it shoots into a specific projectile, i'd recommend looking into the code of vanilla bows that do the same, here are some that do this for a specific type of ammo(wooden arrows), The Bee's Knees, Hellwing Bow and Molten Fury, and there's also these bows that do this for any type of arrow Pulse Bow, Shadowflame Bow, Ice Bow and Marrow, you would also need to code the projectile, in this case the giant cactus arrow, also about the shrapnel part, the game has two ammo types that create shrapnels on impact, the stynger bolt and the crystal bullet, it may be useful taking a look at their codes

one thing, if you want to make a bow that converts what it shoots into a specific projectile, i'd recommend looking into the code of vanilla bows that do the same, here are some that do this for a specific type of ammo(wooden arrows), The Bee's Knees, Hellwing Bow and Molten Fury, and there's also these bows that do this for any type of arrow Pulse Bow, Shadowflame Bow, Ice Bow and Marrow, you would also need to code the projectile, in this case the giant cactus arrow, also about the shrapnel part, the game has two ammo types that create shrapnels on impact, the stynger bolt and the crystal bullet, it may be useful taking a look at their codes
Naw, the Jumbow just doesn't need ammo altogether; in case you didn't see, I already made it. Besides, I can't for the life of me find the vanilla code for stuff, I go to the folder, but can't find code, just pictures and sounds.

the mage in this mod is insane. all the "needles" spells are wayyyyy too OP. the 5000 needles absolutely shreds ragnarok with ease, although... using the terrarium armor might've been part of that... the mage is still insane.

the mage in this mod is insane. all the "needles" spells are wayyyyy too OP. the 5000 needles absolutely shreds ragnarok with ease, although... using the terrarium armor might've been part of that... the mage is still insane.
Well, I never balanced the Jumbo Cactuar loot with Thorium's Ragnarok in mind... Although, the other needle spells should be just fine, since 100 and 1000 needles can't have their damage increased properly by damage-boosting items. 100 needles is about right for jungle-tier loot, although 1000 might be a bit too early-acquired with Chlorophyte bars, but it's outclassed by the bubble gun soon enough. I may make 1000 needles require spectre bars instead, but with Terraria updating to 1.3.1 tomorrow, you wont see any Joostmod patches until tModloader updates to 1.3.1 later on.

The ammo and ninja tokens are never easy to craft and are OP. Can you make the crafting recipe harder or severely reduce their effects?

The ammo and ninja tokens are never easy to craft and are OP. Can you make the crafting recipe harder or severely reduce their effects?
I'm taking a break from the Joostmod for a while, so I'm not going to be posting any updates for maybe a month or so. What do you mean by they are "never easy to craft"? Anyways, they are supposed to be achieved early so you don't have to worry too much about running out of ammo/Shurikens. It mainly means overall less money and time spent getting more.

Yo, I love the idea of your mod. But sometimes I'd just be running around and I instantly die to "Needle" I think it's your mod, cause the other mods I have loaded don't exactly have needles... You might want to fix that... Also I have a suggestion. There should be a early hardmode boss "J. Cactuar Jr." (J is for jumbo). I have and idea for the summoning item, (Cacutar egg). You need 100 cactus, 10 souls of light and 50 sand. The sprite could look like a yellow & green egg. The boss could jut be Jumbo Cactuar, but smaller, and the drops the same but less damage and/or smaller versions. Boom! A cool early hardmode boss! (Or you can replace the souls with lead or something and make it a late normal mode boss)

Sorry I was sleepy when i posted that, what I meant to say is that they are too easy to craft and should probably be near end game gear.

Yo, I love the idea of your mod. But sometimes I'd just be running around and I instantly die to "Needle" I think it's your mod, cause the other mods I have loaded don't exactly have needles... You might want to fix that... Also I have a suggestion. There should be a early hardmode boss "J. Cactuar Jr." (J is for jumbo). I have and idea for the summoning item, (Cacutar egg). You need 100 cactus, 10 souls of light and 50 sand. The sprite could look like a yellow & green egg. The boss could jut be Jumbo Cactuar, but smaller, and the drops the same but less damage and/or smaller versions. Boom! A cool early hardmode boss! (Or you can replace the souls with lead or something and make it a late normal mode boss)
I'm not sure why you would instantly die from a needle, only the Jumbo Cactuar's needles would do that much damage. Or maybe just a Cactuar's needle, if you had no armor in expert mode :/ Also, the enemy needles should be listed as specifically "Cactus Needle"

If I were to add an early game boss, it would be more unique.

Hey, I'm having a little problem with the mod where the 100 and 1000 Spells don't seem to hit the enemy. The projectiles fire and the weapon works, but the projectiles seem to phase through objects they should be hitting. It only breaks on base characters with reduced damage for some reason, so might that be it? The Item still says 1 Damage so I'm assuming it just has <1 damage and the game is assuming it deals 0 and phases through? The other weapons work perfectly except for these spells, even the Wrath works.

Hey, I'm having a little problem with the mod where the 100 and 1000 Spells don't seem to hit the enemy. The projectiles fire and the weapon works, but the projectiles seem to phase through objects they should be hitting. It only breaks on base characters with reduced damage for some reason, so might that be it? The Item still says 1 Damage so I'm assuming it just has <1 damage and the game is assuming it deals 0 and phases through? The other weapons work perfectly except for these spells, even the Wrath works.
It's because of mana sickness, or if you have anything that reduces your damage. There's not much I can do about it, just switch to a different weapon while you have mana sickness.

It's because of mana sickness, or if you have anything that reduces your damage. There's not much I can do about it, just switch to a different weapon while you have mana sickness.
I figured, kinda sucks that I can't use too many potions on it `:sigh:, but thanks for confirming `:happy: I love the mod by the way~ `:passionate:

The Boss' world-piercing needles are amazingly hard to beat even with the weapons dropped from it. I love the challenge!

Stupid Qactaurs, way too powerful for something that spawns from the start of the world. I have died more to them than anything else, and it's a Crimson Expert world.

Also, the OP says they stand still most of the time, but they NEVER STOP MOVING.

Stupid Qactaurs, way too powerful for something that spawns from the start of the world. I have died more to them than anything else, and it's a Crimson Expert world.

Also, the OP says they stand still most of the time, but they NEVER STOP MOVING.

Are you sure? They "never stop moving" only if they're not blocked by anything, like if you have a flat-ish desert, which some deserts happen to be. I have an expert crimson world and I'm able to beat them quite easily. Their attacks are easy to dodge with a jump. They're not that hard, really, so maybe you just happen to be on a flat desert, because the cactus enemies are only non-moving because they tend to get stuck on small heights, and (not so) rarely jump to overcome them at all.

Secondly, the weapons given to you by the mod make them so much easier to deal with. Especially making use of the needles and needle spells, as they stunlock the cactus enemies.

Back
Top Bottom