NPCs & Enemies Sclerepugnant - Crimson themed Spazmatism for Crimson Worlds!

Is this a Good Suggestion?

• Total voters
My main hangup on this idea is in the change to the Optic Staff. Everything else, regardless of what world it's from, can be ported over to a world of the other variety. For instance, the Golden Shower doesn't just stop working or change to a Cursed Flames in Corruption worlds, not vice versa. So, to me, it would make more sense to have two staves, and change the recipes to decide which you can get in a world. Since the main difference is their element attack, that could be the deciding factor.

So, the current recipe plus Cursed Flames gives you the Optic Staff, summoning Spazmatizm.
However, the current recipe plus Ichor gives you the Ocular Staff, which summons Sclerepugnant.

Good idea. I had that in mind once and I made some draft sprites but they're just recolors.
[doublepost=1464895298,1464895130][/doublepost]added your comment to the main thread

I like this idea, but to be honest, Sclerpugnant's AI is too similar to Retinazer's. The way you set his AI up makes it seem you find Spazmatism to be too hard of a boss and would rather fight two Retinazers even if under the influence of the Ichor debuff.
FireChaos said:
1st Form: Sclerepugnant moves somewhat relative to Retinazer, shooting Ichor once every 4-6 seconds. As he gets hurt, he will shoot ichor faster, with higher velocity, which means a better straight line. He stops spitting after he shot at least 5-6 times to 'rest'.
2nd Form: Sclerepugnant starts spitting one-shot ichor once every 3 seconds. The velocity is higher than before. After 8 spits, he will try to get on your left or right, spitting Ichor like the Golden Shower. Then, he will 'rest' for a while.

I suggest making him more like his counter part Spazmatism keeping the Melee aspect while maintaining an Ichor theme.

Here is my AI suggestion:
He hovers above where Spazmatism would normally be shooting Ichor streams at the player. He shoots five of them in . They deal about 35 damage each and inflict Ichor for 10 seconds. He is less strict about where he is in relationship to the player while shooting these streams of Ichor. He follows this up with medium distance charges that deal about 50 damage.
He hovers above where Spazmatism would normally be shooting Ichor streams at the player. He shoots six of them. They deal about 65 damage each and inflict Ichor for 20 seconds. He is more strict about where he is in relationship to the player while shooting these streams of Ichor. He follows this up with medium distance charges that deal about 80 damage.
He moves towards the player shooting a stream of Ichor that has frequent breaks in it. This one is unaffected by gravity. This deals about 55 damage and inflicts Ichor for 12 seconds. He follows this up with fast long distance charges that deal 70 damage.
He moves towards the player shooting a stream of Ichor that has frequent breaks in it. This one is unaffected by gravity. This deals about 95 damage and inflicts Ichor for 24 seconds. He follows this up with fast long distance charges that deal 120 damage.
In both the first and second forms, Splerpugnant's AI will cycle through faster in Expert Mode.

@ThomasC I prefer what you have said, and you are correct. Truth is I just noticed that Sclerepugnant is almost identical to Retinazer. I'm going to copy and replace my current fight tactics with yours.
[doublepost=1466690132,1466689599][/doublepost]Updated the fight tactics section. (Not the Community Fight Tactics) Used @ThomasC's version instead of mine.
@ThomasC
I edited it a little, I hope it doesn't really mind you.

@ThomasC I prefer what you have said, and you are correct. Truth is I just noticed that Sclerepugnant is almost identical to Retinazer. I'm going to copy and replace my current fight tactics with yours.
[doublepost=1466690132,1466689599][/doublepost]Updated the fight tactics section. (Not the Community Fight Tactics) Used @ThomasC's version instead of mine.
@ThomasC
I edited it a little, I hope it doesn't really mind you.
Cool, I might look forward to fighting this boss. And the triplets (all 3 at once) would be a good challenge so I like it.

I perhaps make there be less gore in the mouth possibly?
Well, I don't really know how to do it, it looks pretty good to me right now, and I'd better wait for some other spriter to remake it, or some other day when I'll be in the mood to give it a try.
If you're a spriter you can always suggest new sprites to FireChaos

It looks like someone tore out the pupil.
You know what WOULD be interesting? Texture pack support. I am creating a texture pack, and once I finish it for vanilla terraria, I want to tackle a few mods as well. This once might be on my list. (Heck, I might do it before I finish, who knows.)
Also, is the name a portmanteau of anything?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom