Mobile Potion slots

BlueBeoWulf

The Destroyer
I was thinking earlier today, and something hit me: Potion slots. I was thinking this for mobile because we only have like 5 or 6 slots, and idk, that doesn't seem like enough for my horseman's blade, my death sickle, biome dungeon chest items, AND potions. So I thought like five or six additional slots (similar to the ammo slots, but for potions obviously : P), and what happens is when you put potions in those potion slots, their buff mini-icons show up right beneath your hotbar, and when you tap on the buff icon of the potion, your character will automatically consume the potion coordinating with that icon. Just an idea.

The buff icons seem a bit unnecessary. I agree that potion usage is really limited in the mobile version, as there is obviously no hotkey and there is so little space in the hotbar for phone players. So I suggest there be one slot off to the side of the inventory above the trash slot where you drag your potions to consume them. This removes the tedium of messing around with your hotbar. There should not be a specialized potion storage section of your inventory, and tapping the inactive buff icons seems tedious and I can foresee users activating them accidentally. Potions are not special items that deserve their own inventory slots.

The buff icons seem a bit unnecessary. I agree that potion usage is really limited in the mobile version, as there is obviously no hotkey and there is so little space in the hotbar for phone players. So I suggest there be one slot off to the side of the inventory above the trash slot where you drag your potions to consume them. This removes the tedium of messing around with your hotbar. There should not be a specialized potion storage section of your inventory, and tapping the inactive buff icons seems tedious and I can foresee users activating them accidentally. Potions are not special items that deserve their own inventory slots.
I'm not really saying they are special items, but the thing is, the inventory bars for my tablet is limited to 5, and I can't change it in settings any higher, like some other tablets can. My load out consists of the Terra Blade or the Horseman's blade, a picksaw, vampire knives, rainbow gun, frost hydra staff, and I change the frost hydra staff out with a death sickle at times. When I have to change three inventory slots when I'm fighting a boss to consume potions, it gets obnoxious. That's why I would like to see something like this. Your idea is a good idea.

I'm not really saying they are special items, but the thing is, the inventory bars for my tablet is limited to 5, and I can't change it in settings any higher, like some other tablets can. My load out consists of the Terra Blade or the Horseman's blade, a picksaw, vampire knives, rainbow gun, frost hydra staff, and I change the frost hydra staff out with a death sickle at times. When I have to change three inventory slots when I'm fighting a boss to consume potions, it gets obnoxious. That's why I would like to see something like this. Your idea is a good idea.
I agree with you. A change is necessary, but the idea you present doesn't seem like the best way to solve it and over complicates things. Adding a "consume potion" slot makes things a whole lot easier without giving the player more inventory space.

Back
Top Bottom