Console Workaround for Mount slot with quick use button.

What do you think?

• Nope, sorry.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Clancy117

Skeletron Prime
Ok so, thanks to the 1.2.4 update, the Console version now has Mounts as well. I find it slightly inconvinent that every time I need to use a Mount that I have to put the summoner in my inventory bar and activate it manually rather than just push one button like the PC players have with their dedicated Mount slot. We could use the D pad shortcuts but let`s be honest, most of us already have those set for important tools and we would rather not change those shortcuts. So before the next update, (with the bug fixes), I have a solution for this. Having looked at the inventory it would seem that there is at least room for one more item box and in the Xbox 360 controller layout we have an alternate Jump button which from what I can tell, doesn`t behave any different from the main jump button. I prepose that we be given a Mount slot on the console version and change the alternate jump button, (Left thumbstick button), to be the new Mount summon key (at least on the Xbox version if not doable anywhere else). We only need one jump button and this change should be simple enough so why not? This is my first suggestion so sorry if it`s not perfect. What do you think? Let me know in the comments and/or cast your votes.

Last edited:
I personally don't play on the console regularly, but from what I have played the controls are a pain, so I could easily see this implemented.

Nice small little change :D

I personally don't play on the console regularly, but from what I have played the controls are a pain, so I could easily see this implemented.

Nice small little change :D
Thanks! I figured that I wasn`t the only one who didn`t use the alternative jump button so I thought "This button could be used for something better than this".

Could you please define "alternative jump button" vs "main jump button" so that there's no ambiguity regarding which buttons we're talking about?

For me the "alternative jump button" is the one on the left thumbstick, and I have never much liked it as I find it too hard to press (The PS3 controller seems better in that regard though honestly I haven't had much experience with it). The "A" button gives me much better control over my jumps.

If we have the same definition that the left thumbstick button is the alternative jump button, then I'm all for your suggestion.

Could you please define "alternative jump button" vs "main jump button" so that there's no ambiguity regarding which buttons we're talking about?

For me the "alternative jump button" is the one on the left thumbstick, and I have never much liked it as I find it too hard to press (The PS3 controller seems better in that regard though honestly I haven't had much experience with it). The "A" button gives me much better control over my jumps.

If we have the same definition that the left thumbstick button is the alternative jump button, then I'm all for your suggestion.
The A button is obviously the main jump button and the left thumbstick button is the alternate jump button because even the control layout screen lists it as "alt jump button".

Probably should have said this when I did it but thanks to feedback from @r4v1n6 I have edited my post to clarify which button is the alternate jump button. Should I find anything else that needs changing I shall edit further.
[DOUBLEPOST=1454435273,1454434803][/DOUBLEPOST]
The A button is obviously the main jump button and the left thumbstick button is the alternate jump button because even the control layout screen lists it as "alt jump button".
It seems that I was mistaken. Altough most people consider the left thumbstick button to be an alternate jump button it is not actually called "alt jump button" despite it being one. However this does not change the fact that it is a secondary jump button and so my suggestion is still valid.

What would BLARG be defined as?
I put Blarg in as an humorous secondary response in addition to what your response is. Blarg can pretty much mean anything or just simply be blarg, (that`s how I usually use it). Example: "This is my first BLARG so sorry if it`s not perfect." or you could also use it as a censor like: "What the BLARG?!" It`s actually a refrence to how the Sangheli from Halo talk. They sometimes say it but it`s kind of fun to say so I use it alot. It`s kind of like a catchphrase for me. BLARRRRRG! :p - That`s why I set it so you could vote for 2 things instead of just one.

Would that then address the fact that we can't use any items (even potions) without dismissing the mount?

Just for any console users who don't know this, Quick Mount, along with dedicated slots for hook, new minecart, pet and light and the ability to use items while mounted came to PC with version 1.3 so you'll get there eventually. But so far 505 seems to be following PC roadmap pretty strictly in terms of what order they add things, but I can definitely see a case for bringing in certain "quality of life" features like this early.

Just for any console users who don't know this, Quick Mount, along with dedicated slots for hook, new minecart, pet and light and the ability to use items while mounted came to PC with version 1.3 so you'll get there eventually. But so far 505 seems to be following PC roadmap pretty strictly in terms of what order they add things, but I can definitely see a case for bringing in certain "quality of life" features like this early.
But from what the Dev's said old gen consoles like the Xbox 360 might not be able to handle 1.3 so if we want dedicated slots there may have to be a compromise.

Aww, hadn't heard that. Yeah something like that would be good. Ideally they could get most of the interface stuff added to the old consoles, even if they can't handle all the new content. Seem like it should be doable, and 505 often breaks up large updates into smaller ones anyway.

Back
Top Bottom