The 1st annual TCF Hardcore Playthrough!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It'll be a fun challenge, and I'll have free time soon too. but I rather don't want to host.

But you may count me in, I'm up for the challenge and fun. UTC time here.

How are we going to handle things when players go offline? Will we need similar time zones or do we stop when someone or a group of people leave?

Oh, forgot to mention that I can't host. My Internet isn't the best for server hosting unfortunately.

How are we going to handle things when players go offline? Will we need similar time zones or do we stop when someone or a group of people leave?
We'll probably be stopping a session when there's 4 people or less.
As for different time zones, I hope for a dedicated server so people can join and leave at a whim (even though I would like to keep most players joining during a big session).

Once we get enough people, we should really make note of everyone's timezone and try to figure out a 'time slot' where everyone, or most of us, can join for at least a two hour session.

By the way, I suggest using TerraCustom to create the world. You can use it to alter world generation to be more favourable and make more sky islands, life crystals, etc to make the world suitable for more players (more loot to go around).

Oh, and how will be communicating? Just through Terraria chat, or what?
It'll depend on what people want. I know some people aren't comfortable sharing their voice, and I'll accomodate as needed.
By the way, I suggest using TerraCustom to create the world. You can use it to alter world generation to be more favourable and make more sky islands, life crystals, etc to make the world suitable for more players (more loot to go around).
Is TerraCustom even updated for 1.3.1? The last time I used it was 1.2.4.1, over a year and a half ago :p

It'll depend on what people want. I know some people aren't comfortable sharing their voice, and I'll accomodate as needed.

Is TerraCustom even updated for 1.3.1? The last time I used it was 1.2.4.1, over a year and a half ago :p

@jopojelly continued developement on it. It's updated to the latest version of Terraria.

From my Terraria experience, I don't want to use text chat, because I chat a lot and it can easily result into dying. a huge focus is needed in hardcore, so if I need to chat, I rather want to use voice chat. :/
Well, I'm in the same boat as Pixel, but my voice will break your ears, so that's the reason I was asking.
Edit: also what ppowersteef said.
My plan is to set up a poll once we have all 16 for voice versus standard chat, just so we don't leave anyone out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom