My First Map! :D

Alright, I finished it. It's a nice concept for a map. I liked the design of the rooms, they looked nice. But it's a bit short. I feel like it has potential to be a pretty great map if you added a lot more rooms. Of course, you don't have to add more to it, this is just my opinion of it. :) (Btw, you can quote posts using the "Reply" button on the right).

Alright, I finished it. It's a nice concept for a map. I liked the design of the rooms, they looked nice. But it's a bit short. I feel like it has potential to be a pretty great map if you added a lot more rooms. Of course, you don't have to add more to it, this is just my opinion of it. :) (Btw, you can quote posts using the "Reply" button on the right).
Ok, I missed the first one :v And thanks for playing! Do you think I have potential for my maps?

Hi! I just played your map, and I thought it was pretty fun! The only problem with it is it's length. I beat this map in about 3 Minutes. If you ever create another map, I'd suggest making it longer.

As a first map, it was fairly solid. A creator's first map shouldn't be too ambitious, in my opinion. With little experience, it's certainly better to release a tiny map than to start a huge one and give up after hours of effort.

Personally I'm a fan of this type of map, where there are several self-contained micro challenges that focus on the challenge itself rather than making it pretty to look at. I'd advise sticking to this style until you become more comfortable with map creation. People will play them regardless :L

As a first map, it was fairly solid. A creator's first map shouldn't be too ambitious, in my opinion. With little experience, it's certainly better to release a tiny map than to start a huge one and give up after hours of effort.

Personally I'm a fan of this type of map, where there are several self-contained micro challenges that focus on the challenge itself rather than making it pretty to look at. I'd advise sticking to this style until you become more comfortable with map creation. People will play them regardless :L
I'd have to agree with what you said, mostly. Being a first map creator myself, I can tell you that making a map around 30 minutes long can be made in the course of a few days, if you use TEdit, Free Items Mod, etc. I do agree that the style was very fun, and didn't make the map confusing, and ragequitting at the cobweb that is the challenges (Looking at you, Echo's of The Lost World :/).

Back
Top Bottom