PC AFK Pinky Farming?

I guess we'll have to see if I can do it :p
Now we face a dilemma: Do we continue on this world, or make a new one for the higher chance of slime rain?

Oh, and actually, you yourself came up with the answer to keeping the king alive: HappyDay's King slime farm, without the lava, with say pirates running around in the ground.
Oh yeah good thinking ;)

That's why I mentioned the ocean. He kept teleporting to right under me, in the water, and never came up onto my pier, but all the slimes fell onto the pier or hopped onto it from the left ( I was at the right side ocean). I think you need just enough height so can't jump up onto the pier, and low enough he's always on screen. I didn't get exact measurements, but I went 2 blocks higher than the generated sand, and about 20 out.

If that's the case, you can just create a pool/pond to keep the Slime King "trapped" while you raid the slimes. If the Slime King AI has problems with water, this will let you create a custom arena to you specs. Not sure if Jungle Biome and Water Candle/Battle Potions buffs work during Slime Rain, though (particularly the latter ones). Their (lack of) effects during the Moon Events has me questioning their usefulness and utility during any special events. (Especially since most events have some sort of spawn override effect.)

Their (lack of) effects during the Moon Events has me questioning their usefulness and utility during any special events. (Especially since most events have some sort of spawn override effect.)

I noticed that when I first started building AFK event farms, but I was never sure, and although I love wiring and pushing the game to it's capabilities, but I'm not so much into the stuff that has to do with how the game works...

Their (lack of) effects during the Moon Events has me questioning their usefulness and utility during any special events. (Especially since most events have some sort of spawn override effect.)

The various "Invasions" are unaffected by them, but Blood Moons and Solar Eclipses ARE, so there's a possibility it would work on Slime Rain

OK was just trawling the wiki, and apparently Slime Rain can occur without the criteria normally needed, and also has a 15% more chance of spawning...

just probably not with teleporters...

I'm not sure I understand:
What is it that renders teleporters unideal?

Seeing as they can
-separate regular enemies (who can be teleported) and bosses (who cannot),
-instantly bring enemies from a spawn surface as big as the entire valid spawn surface to a kill area (Via a giant floor made of teleporters, connected via a good length of wire (longer than the width of the floor) to the kill area),
-be actuated, hoiked and manipulated to avoid back-teleportation,

they would be fantastic for a pinky farm.
What am I missing?

By the way, I recommend using ravens to kill the slimes in a closed box below the player, while protecting king slime above the player.

I just made one that seems to work, but its not good at night, so im not sure it counts as AFK farm. (Also its not use in the slime rain)

It is possible to have a long line of conveyor belts leading to a small moat around a box your character sits in. You could have geysers below every single conveyor belt for quick murder of slimes. If you combine day and night sensors, you can set the conveyor belts to flip and push zombies away during the night. This also has the effect of flipping the conveyor belts back to the normal function of pushing slimes to the middle box when the sun rises. If someone wants to see, I can build one.

So, seeing as Pinky is one of the rarer mobs in the game, and waiting around with a battle potion and water candle is tedious, I was wondering if it would be possible to make some sort of Pinky farm.
I've been looking for a while, but can't seem to find anything, so I came up with an idea for a farm that may or may not work.
I'll be using a modified version of DicemanX's Ultimate Mob Autofarm (Ultimate Mob Autofarm (all Mimic drops, 5 Biome Keys, Souls of Light/Night, RoD, many other drops)) (Yes, I'm bad at posting links >.<) seeing as I use it a lot and like the design. So, would it be possible to build an above ground version of this farm and have a spawn surface for slimes? Or would the spawn rate be so low the farm would be inefficient?
I'm very curious, so if anyone has experience with this or think they know what would happen, please do share your ideas and advice!
Thanks!
-Eevee
I want the Pinky Banner too! I am a Banner Collector (even though I have only played three days, MUCH shorter than my researching), and have already got the Zombie, Demon Eye, Crimera, Blood Crawler, Face Monster, Vulture, Green Slime, Blue Slime, Purple Slime, and Umbrella Slime Banners! But Pinky is SO hard to kill… I never seem to struggle FINDING one, but they constantly are knocked out of the screen because of their negative knock back… but if I try to use my Wand of Sparking (Named “Twiggy”), It is too small to hit! What early game materials can I use early game to pulverize those little turds?! I will never rest until I get that bann- ooh Umbrewwa Hat from Pawasol Swime

So, seeing as Pinky is one of the rarer mobs in the game, and waiting around with a battle potion and water candle is tedious, I was wondering if it would be possible to make some sort of Pinky farm.
I've been looking for a while, but can't seem to find anything, so I came up with an idea for a farm that may or may not work.
I'll be using a modified version of DicemanX's Ultimate Mob Autofarm (Ultimate Mob Autofarm (all Mimic drops, 5 Biome Keys, Souls of Light/Night, RoD, many other drops)) (Yes, I'm bad at posting links >.<) seeing as I use it a lot and like the design. So, would it be possible to build an above ground version of this farm and have a spawn surface for slimes? Or would the spawn rate be so low the farm would be inefficient?
I'm very curious, so if anyone has experience with this or think they know what would happen, please do share your ideas and advice!
Thanks!
-Eevee
Its a good idea bro

Back
Top Bottom