Tool TerraCustom for 1.3

@Ropya i read wat you said, and decided to let it run for a while. i was like i'm gonna watch one anime episode and it will do it
3 hours later, stills not done

wanna try out my settings to see if it works for you?
( it has a lot of changes and it used to work before, it just stopped working for no reason :\ ( and the default world, if i dont change anything, doesnt work neither ))
You can post your settings here. Did you save it? (My Games\Terraria\TerraCustom) Also, a list of mods you had enabled if you had any.

Hi - I'm having an issue when I generate a world.

It seemingly generates fine (It was getting stuck at generating structures but disabling minecart tracks seem to have fixed that), however it doesn't seem to create a .bak world file so I cannot load the world.

Any thoughts?

Settings
i wanted to create it with this settings. i used them before, but it just stopped working :\

also, @Flamed usually you dont need a .bak to load your world since it is only created once you played on that map, (maybe i'm wrong, but if it is a backup, it makes no sense to have one before you even played)

I've been really enjoying this tool so far! Especially the surface tunnels option - it generates some very interesting worlds. Tweaking settings and seeing a whole different world created is rather cool!

I was wondering if any of the following are possible or could be added?
  1. If you spawn both Crimson and Corruption, it generates 2/3/4 of each (small/medium/large worlds respectively). Is it possible to restrict it so that it generates only 2/3/4 total? (Maybe this falls under the "Corruption/Crimson amounts" wishlist item?)
  2. An option to control the number of paintings generated? (Similar to statues.)
  3. An option to control the amount of furniture generated in the Dungeon, Obsidian Towers and/or underground cabins?
  4. An option to restrict snow/desert generating within X blocks horizontally of the world centre? (1.3 was pretty bad about always generating the snow practically on top of the spawn point.)
  5. An option to guarantee an Enchanted Sword Shrine contains an Enchanted Sword and/or an Arkhalis?
  6. An option to pre-generate some Hallow? (Maybe it could generate a Corruption/Crimson cave with Pearlstone and Hallowed grass instead of the normal variant. Or it could generate over a bit of otherwise normal Forest. The hardmode stripes don't quite have the same effect.)
  7. Ability to restrict Shadow Orbs generating in Crimson caves, and vice versa?
  8. Number of Pyramids?
  9. Option to restrict the amount of sand/desert? (Another 1.3 worldgen change. Underground Desert and Ocean excluded, worldgen dumps sand all over the place.)
  10. Option to control the number of Obsidian Towers generated, along with hellstone variants and how far from centre they can be placed?
I know there is a lot here - I'm not expecting it all to be added! I'm just bouncing ideas/suggestions. :)
#1 is my main desire. The others would be nice for fine-tuning or giving more items to loot.

Settings
i wanted to create it with this settings. i used them before, but it just stopped working :\

also, @Flamed usually you dont need a .bak to load your world since it is only created once you played on that map, (maybe i'm wrong, but if it is a backup, it makes no sense to have one before you even played)

Are you able to post the actual settings file?

I tried copy/paste your setting into my file via notepad and Im getting an error in Custom when trying to load it.
Not sure what Im doing wrong on that front.

But if you can upload the actual file Ill give it a run through.

Oh, and what size world are you using?

I also noticed you said even with default settings it doesnt want to go through?
No mods also correct?

Backup your settings file and then delete it.
Then try a fresh run of Custom, default, and see if itll push through.

When tweaking the creation of a large world, Lakes can be lowered to "Between 2 and -1" at 0%. Perhaps the minimum % here should be raised to prevent negative amounts.

I think there's some sort of saving issue with the moon style setting. I was creating lots of worlds with the same settings (using the "save" and "load" functionality), and taking a quick look at each one in a map viewer to see which one I wanted. The moon style was set to 1, along with all my other desired settings, which were saved. Each time I generated a new world, I would click "load" to load in all my desired settings, but I don't think the moon style one saved correctly since the world I generated had the moon style 3 (probably as a result of it being not saved and set to the default,"random").

i'm not really sure, but it actually always creates with a random moon. when it used to work LOL i always picked moon 1, but sometimes i would get the others, even if i didnt loaded the old settings

for some reason every time i tried to use this it'd either give me an error or stop loading at structures minecart tracks and now with regular tmodloader it ALWAYS stops at minecart tracks even without terracustom installed or anything >.<

What does "Tree Lower Bound" and "Tree Upper Bound" mean?
EDIT: Is it like the minimum and maximium of trees being tall?
Yes. The Tree Lower Bound is the minimum size a world-generated tree can be. The Tree Upper Bound is the maximum size a world-generated tree can be.

For player planted trees, I think the bounds are 5-16 blocks. For world-generated trees, even the default generator can sometimes make trees twice that size.

Yes. The Tree Lower Bound is the minimum size a world-generated tree can be. The Tree Upper Bound is the maximum size a world-generated tree can be.

For player planted trees, I think the bounds are 5-16 blocks. For world-generated trees, even the default generator can sometimes make trees twice that size.
I'll have to recheck that code. Also note that trees near the spawn have a different set of bounds for height, so that's why I took a weird approach to it.

TerraCustom has been running for the past 5 hours. It's yet to complete the world. I have a selection of mods included--the most obvious culprits being Thorium and Calamity. I wonder--should I just let it run its course, or should I stop now and create a new world with these mods not selected? If the second, does anyone know if it would affect my gameplay negatively? Both of those introduce different ores and biomes.

EDIT: It's stuck almost exactly half-way through 'Generating Structures'... if that wasn't made clear by the earlier posts from other peeps.

TerraCustom has been running for the past 5 hours. It's yet to complete the world. I have a selection of mods included--the most obvious culprits being Thorium and Calamity. I wonder--should I just let it run its course, or should I stop now and create a new world with these mods not selected? If the second, does anyone know if it would affect my gameplay negatively? Both of those introduce different ores and biomes.

EDIT: It's stuck almost exactly half-way through 'Generating Structures'... if that wasn't made clear by the earlier posts from other peeps.
I'll have to investigate this. My thought is that mod ores are seen as important to the Minecart generation code, so a valid minecart track path is never found. If you can sacrifice minecarts for mod-ores, I'm pretty sure it should work.

Back
Top Bottom