Least favorite enemies

Rune Wizards...

You can't deflect their projectiles like other casters, and they do so much contact damage that melee users (such as myself) are doomed to die.

Medusa. If you're even within a whole screen-width of unfamiliar territory underground, the only sure-fire way to avoid getting killed by her is to go massively out of your way to stay on or near the ground at all times. A huge selection of this game's upgrades are about increasing your mobility, and Medusa counters practically all of them with INSTANT DEATH IF USED. Ropes, minecarts, grappling hooks, multi-hooks, horseshoes, double-jumps, balloons, rocket boots, wings, jetpacks, and hoverboards are all rendered useless around this single enemy type.

I've only died to her twice, but in both occasions, she was off-screen, the marble biome was off-screen, and the stoning was too soon after the snarl to safely land anywhere. That is bull:red: in its purest form, and should have never been implemented. This enemy is game-changingly bad, and I've had a hard time getting back into this game since her addition. Nothing else has ever impacted this game so globally and negatively.

on expert mode, anything that has to do with the word "bat" is the actual worst thing ever
Technically the feral bite debuff can be used to get a nice damage buff just use an ankh shield to remove the worst of the debuffs it induces. Rig a bat statue to trigger it as the hardmode bats hit too hard to be useful.

My personal least favorite enemies:
Brain Suckers- Head Crabs and Metroids had babies billions of them...
Icy Merman-No word in the English language effectively conveys my hatred...
Medusa Medusa used Petrify! Its super effective!
Derpling swarms- it seems like they always come in large groups... When the sun rises they come like locusts 20000+ dead and counting... You will not win, just leave me alone %-_--_-$-_-&-_-~-_-`-_-
Tortoises flying in from off screen- (they are easy to deal with when you see them coming but if they are off screen and you are distracted by say a giant man eating rock loving plant...)
Elf Copter/Gastropods/(Moss) Hornets-Flying projectile spam
Martian saucer-Judgment from above hope/pray you have a shelter...
Caster AI-Ranges from annoying to deadly particularly when making hellbridges...

Moss Hornet. The jungle is too dark, and most of the time when I'm at low HP, a hornet just spawn in the shadow and kill me with their dark color stinger.

PC: Medusa. I hate her guts. Unfair debuff, unfair range, all around awful.
3DS: Anything that fires magic through walls at you from an unreachable place. Especially Rune Wizards. There's a special place in the Underworld for those.
Console: NPC Killers. Wraiths. Had to redo my village after Hardmode. Also, goblins killed my Party Girl. Sort of had a vendetta there for a while.

Harpies! I fail at gravitation potions (get too disoriented), so I usually build my way into the sky. The spawn rate on harpies while I'm building is extremely high, as I cling to my little dirt blocks and try not to get knocked out of the sky. Ugh. Smh.

Harpies! I fail at gravitation potions (get too disoriented), so I usually build my way into the sky. The spawn rate on harpies while I'm building is extremely high, as I cling to my little dirt blocks and try not to get knocked out of the sky. Ugh. Smh.
That's kind of the reason why you shouldn't build right upwards at the start of the game.

As for me, most likely Medusa and Nebula Floaters. But I feel like I've said this multiple and multiple times.

They're cute though! So cute!

They're cute though! So cute!

Maybe we should have the ability to keep one in a terrarium. It could be very Jason and the Argonauts. Lol

That's kind of the reason why you shouldn't build right upwards at the start of the game.

As for me, most likely Medusa and Nebula Floaters. But I feel like I've said this multiple and multiple times.
At the start of the game it would be suicide. Earliest I'll go is mid pre-hardmode, once Starfury becomes a relevant option. (Say if I wanna upgrade from Light's Bane to a stronger sword.) If I could make my brain actually navigate with gravitation potions it would be the perfect time for me. I tend to do jungle before dungeon, so I get stuff like thorn chakram or beekeeper if I don't go to the sky.

Last edited:
Gastropods, hornets, turtles and necromancers. I don't have a problem with anything else, just the ranged enemies. Medusas aren't a threat to me.

Back
Top Bottom