Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Could use work

Votes: 4 19.0%
  • Why arn't we funding this?!

Votes: 4 19.0%

• Total voters

Frost warrior3

Skeletron Prime
Do you hate it when wraiths brutally murder you NPCs? Do you like building houses in the sky only to have your dreams crushed by wyverns? Then keep reading.

the spectral barrier is an item with 1 sole purpose: to protect your NPCs from mobs that can pass through blocks (wraiths,wyverns,wandering eyes below 1/2 health ect) NOTE:this does NOT include bosses how it works is you place them around what you want to protect, placing one every 30 blocks or less. You can only see them when holding it and the spectral attuner. Could be placed on blocks like actuators.
5 souls of light
@ Crystal ball (makes 4) Toolip: Protects you from wraiths and wyverns and such.

This handy little device makes everything work. Click a spectral barrier block with one ( they will have a yellow outline) and it will get a green outline. When all the ones you want have a green outline, right click the air to finishe the barrier. If you click one that is 31+ blocks away it will say: to far away, cannot link.
5 souls of light
2 iron/lead
1 ghostly anntena
@ Crystall ball

Ghostly anntena would have a 5% chance to drop from a wraith.

When a blood moon rolls around the barrier weakens and can take 10 hits before having to recharge for 10 minutes.

Well that wraps it up. Leave good feedback and suggestions in the comments. Goodbye!
Note: this would take effect on wyverns as they are minibosses not full blow bosses to clarify that.

Last edited:
Although it's convenient I think it just throws the whole element of surprise and the challenge to get rid of them out the window and make you completely immune to them. Plus, by the time you get the Ancient Manipulator you'll already be geared enough to dispatch them quickly.

Although it's convenient I think it just throws the whole element of surprise and the challenge to get rid of them out the window and make you completely immune to them. Plus, by the time you get the Ancient Manipulator you'll already be geared enough to dispatch them quickly.
Well I mean like you know when a NPC randomly dies? It's usually a freaking wrath. This is mainly so you don't need to dispatch them. And remember it's not just for wraiths. Any mobs that can pass through blocks are halted by this (and caster bolts)

Yes, but we should be able to acquire it before killing any mech boss, and, I think it should be controlled by wires.
Any mobs that can pass through blocks are halted by this (and caster bolts)
That's good, but, really. If you manage to kill the Lunatic Cultist(The point many playtroughs comes to end) why you need this type of barrier?

Yes, but we should be able to acquire it before killing any mech boss, and, I think it should be controlled by wires.

That's good, but, really. If you manage to kill the Lunatic Cultist(The point many playtroughs comes to end) why you need this type of barrier?
How do you suggest we make it pre mech?

How do you suggest we make it pre mech?
I had never have my NPCs dead from a wraith even pre-mech or post-mech. If this is a protection for NPCs, it just can be acquired pre-mech, at least I think. A player that beaten Lunatic Cultist will never leave his/her NPCs with monsters, unless he/she wants to kill them!

I had never have my NPCs dead from a wraith even pre-mech or post-mech. If this is a protection for NPCs, it just can be acquired pre-mech, at least I think. A player that beaten Lunatic Cultist will never leave his/her NPCs with monsters, unless he/she wants to kill them!
Changed ectoplasm to 5 souls of light and Ancient manipulator to Crystal ball

When ever I see something to block no clipping mobs, especially blocks, couldn't we just use something like an actuator or special paint?

Well I mean like you know when a NPC randomly dies? It's usually a freaking wrath. This is mainly so you don't need to dispatch them. And remember it's not just for wraiths. Any mobs that can pass through blocks are halted by this (and caster bolts)
Any and all unexpected deaths for my NPCs are just the Goblin Tinkerer dying to a Green Slime.
It happens all the time, it's quite mysterious.

I support this so much. Almost forcing us to build floating houses to counter mainly wraiths is something I don't like. Personally, I would want it to block wallhack-mobs full stop, blood moon or not, but that might just be me. It might need some sort of limitation though, as I can imagine all sorts of "exploits" involving this.

I realize that there ARE ways of countering wraiths without having floating buildings, but the work you have to put in just to place an NPC house on the ground is ridiculous compared to the effort required to lift the house up a few blocks. It's hard to make floating buildings look good, and when you're 10+ playthroughs in you may want to mix it up a bit. Some NPC's are really annoying to lose actually, since some of them go back to their original spawn requirement when they die.

Please give us a reasonable way of keeping our NPC's alive in houses underground / in hills / on the ground / under water (<- this one is fun, you should try it if you haven't). The sky shouldn't be the only feasible option.

I actually don't ever remember an NPC getting killed by a Wraith.

im spayshul

Maybe if I wait, it'll happen. Maybe.
But I don't see a reason for this block to NOT be in game, soooo... Support, I guess.

There are tons of enemies that can move through walls for each pillar. It would make bases actually safe, instead of trapping you inside a hellhole of enemies that can move through walls.

There are tons of enemies that can move through walls for each pillar. It would make bases actually safe, instead of trapping you inside a hellhole of enemies that can move through walls.
Come think of it, just like 10mins after you beat the Cultist you can have the Stardust Dragon, which is a really helpful minion about keeping enemies away. Also, after another like 10mins a Solar Eruption comes with ability of shooting through walls. Oh, a Daedalus Stormbow with Holy Arrows will also serve you very well, and this stuff is available pre-mech!

I see your point that you worried about block-passing enemies. I just said lets make it pre-mech so it will be even more useful...

Back
Top Bottom