PC Limit Terraria FPS

Idrialite

Terrarian
I can run the game at a good FPS, but if the FPS is too high, my laptop overheats. Changing to fullscreen lowers my FPS and prevents overheating in some areas, but not in others. I'd like a way to limit Terraria's FPS at all times.

Not that I know of.

Your laptop should be fine even if it gets a bit hot -- mine does too. Most laptops have a feature that will automatically shut down your computer if core components become far too hot anyways.

Exactly, I either get a huge lag spike which lowers the heat (which must be built into Terraria, that hasn't happened in any other game I've played), or it shuts down. So I have to minimize the game for a minute every now and then which gets extremely annoying.

Exactly, I either get a huge lag spike which lowers the heat (which must be built into Terraria, that hasn't happened in any other game I've played), or it shuts down. So I have to minimize the game for a minute every now and then which gets extremely annoying.

Then it is likely a hardware problem on your end.

I'm pretty sure I know what's causing my laptop to overheat so easily, but I can't really do much to fix it right now, nor do I want to take it apart myself and risk harming it, nor can I afford to get an expert to. So I can't really do anything about that. I just have to work around it.

Back
Top Bottom