Terraria: Otherworld Terraria: Otherworld - An Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys, the game isn't dead yet! The TOW twitter is still active as of June 21st, so at least we know its in development.

I was super excited for this game back when I heard about it being a thing. I was even satisfied with information updates only coming once a month or once every couple of months. It has however, gotten very depressing that we cannot get anything other than an "Its not ready yet" from the developers in 7 months. Im sure they could find a way to give us a progress update without spoiling stuff. I would even be happy with something like, "Progress is going well, we are getting closer to having a release window" or even "We have hit some problems that we are having to work through and that is why there hasnt been any info"

Anything at all would be preferable to nothing at all.

If you ask me, a lot of you guys are being impatient, even though they really havent given us any information outside of "we dont have anything ready to show you." They could have easily said nothing or even shown nothing on the game, just to eventually (maybe) announce it when it's much closer to being finished. That being said, I'm still REALLY looking forward to this regardless if it even comes out this year and it'd be super cool if they gave more spoilery info on it. If they keep to how they did Terraria's content then they definitely wont release anything until they see it's in a good state to show off.

If you ask me, a lot of you guys are being impatient, even though they really havent given us any information outside of "we dont have anything ready to show you."
Well consider; the game was originally announced to be a 2015 release. Then it was delayed to a 2016 release. The last substantial update as to it's status was in Dec.'15. It's now July'16.

Considering the game is to be out this year (supposedly) and that we haven't gotten any considerable update regarding the development for almost 7 months; impatience doesn't necessarily factor any longer. I think "impatience" is starting to turn more into "concern".

I am confident that the game will release eventually. And that it will be good. But without any updates; I'm starting to lose confidence that it will be here for 2016 until something shown or stated says otherwise.

I think *that* is where a lot of people are starting to end up currently.

I completely agree with Izzabelle. The point is that we went from getting fairly regular, if a bit infrequent updates, to almost literal radio silence, except for the odd developer post telling us that there isn't anything to tell. This is especially worrying when the last thing we heard that was anything close to a progress update was a post telling us they were unable to make their original desire of releasing in 2015, which itself came at the last minute.

The fact is that we have gone over half a year without any sort of information about the game's development progress at all. Now it would have been one thing if it was like that from the start, but we were getting updates before and now nothing.

It just makes you wonder sometimes whether the project has been put on hold or something, or if the game is ever going to be finished. Now admittedly, that is a fairly negative viewpoint. But I would be lying if I said the thought hadn't occurred to me more than once in the last 7 or so months.

And every time I see a post from Loki or someone else on the team, they are essentially just saying that they haven't told us anything because they don't want to spoil the game any more than necessary. Which I am ok with really, but there is a difference between not spoiling the features of the game and not even letting us know how development is going.

And every time I see a post from Loki or someone else on the team, they are essentially just saying that they haven't told us anything because they don't want to spoil the game any more than necessary

To be clear, that isn't EXACTLY what I am saying. What I am saying is that we try to never say anything unless we feel pretty good about it in regards to confidence and if it makes sense. We will hopefully have a full update on things for you in the near future. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom