tModLoader The Thorium Mod

This may have been addressed in the thread already but that's a lot of pages to sort through so i'll ask here,
Why are there so few magic sets in this mod, an example would be with the beholder ores, there's a melee and a ranged, or the two early hardmode biome armors you added, they have a general damage buff on them but they're still both clearly geared toward's melee, you even have a mining set for hardmode, where's the love for mages.

This may have been addressed in the thread already but that's a lot of pages to sort through so i'll ask here,
Why are there so few magic sets in this mod, an example would be with the beholder ores, there's a melee and a ranged, or the two early hardmode biome armors you added, they have a general damage buff on them but they're still both clearly geared toward's melee, you even have a mining set for hardmode, where's the love for mages.
Harbinger, Reality Breaker, Cryo-Magus are some magic sets.
But I agree, wheres the love for mages?
Oh, theres also the Titan mage helm.

I had forgotten about harbinger and I didn't see the actual cryo set bonuses before, what's reality breaker?
Reality Breaker Set is made with harbinger catalysts, ectoplasm, chlorophyte bars and darksteel alloys at a mythril anvil.
This is the armor on the player
c2be6c20b7.png

Set bonus: Magic damage will unleash bolts of bouncing energy.
EDIT: The set bonus in action:
8846b058de.jpg

Last edited:
i got thorium armor, where do i go from there

Did you beat Thunderbird? Go do it if not.

Did you beat Eater of Worlds/Brain of Cthulhu? Go do it.

Thorium really isnt much different from vanilla in progression and route, just look at the opening post of this thread for all the bosses and new gear sets and make your own path.

Deity Trident sells for 2 gold, and you make 850 with 3 ocean essences, so... 17 platinum.
I think that's a little bit broken. Also, Tidal wave is 75 silver and you also make 850 with just 3 ocean essences, and can sell them for 7 plat and 22 gold.

Deity Trident sells for 2 gold, and you make 850 with 3 ocean essences, so... 17 platinum.
I think that's a little bit broken. Also, Tidal wave is 75 silver and you also make 850 with just 3 ocean essences, and can sell them for 7 plat and 22 gold.
Is it really? I mean like...money is pretty much pointless by that point in the game anyways. Hell money is pretty much pointless by the time you kill the WoF.

Is it really? I mean like...money is pretty much pointless by that point in the game anyways. Hell money is pretty much pointless by the time you kill the WoF.
Not really. There are some weapons that cost a bunch of platinum to reforge, and some things that are very important to buy frequently.
Anyway, its a exploit, and it's broken. If you can make a farm, do it, it will take some time and will need investiment (at least thinking), and will not be instant.

Not really. There are some weapons that cost a bunch of platinum to reforge, and some things that are very important to buy frequently.
Anyway, its a exploit, and it's broken. If you can make a farm, do it, it will take some time and will need investiment (at least thinking), and will not be instant.
I mean sure it should be fixed but these weapons are made from the actual end game boss itself. There's not a lot of content after killing them right now.

I mean sure it should be fixed but these weapons are made from the actual end game boss itself. There's not a lot of content after killing them right now.
The game is more than just an endless slaughter and "beating the final boss".

The game is more than just an endless slaughter and "beating the final boss".
Yeah but at the same time by that point haven't you practically upgraded everything you wanted/needed to? All that would technically be left is the items forged from Ragnarok himself. Unless you missed some items before killing him that you wanted to upgrade or create then I could see the point behind it.

Yeah but at the same time by that point haven't you practically upgraded everything you wanted/needed to? All that would technically be left is the items forged from Ragnarok himself. Unless you missed some items before killing him that you wanted to upgrade or create then I could see the point behind it.
The point is: you dont need to see anything, it's about if it's a glitch or nothing. Because of that, only the modder can say if it's on purpose or not.

I agree that it should still be fixed, if only for the sake of variety.

Al bosses pay out with roooouuughly the same monetary reward, if you sell their things, so having one boss like this offer so much more means that those seeking money will only fight Ragnarok instead of, say, checking Pumpkin Moon our again or saying hi to Duke Fishron.

Back
Top Bottom