Texture Pack High Definition version of all textures up to Terraria 1.4.4.6

This: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/terrafine-project-resized-terraria.45303/

I zoomed in on one you posted and itseems like you went alot like it. Terrafine is manually editing all sprites to remove the 2x2 pixel format and keep the style as close as possible to what we think they were trying for. (I'm in the spriter team but i haven't messed with any in a couple weeks.
It looks nice, but I prefer smooth sprites with no pixelation. Just a personal preference, though I may play around with that texture pack in the future.

It isn't really pixelated, we basically double the actual texture pixels while not changing the size.
[doublepost=1469045294,1469045278][/doublepost]You should read up more.

It isn't really pixelated, we basically double the actual texture pixels while not changing the size.
[doublepost=1469045294,1469045278][/doublepost]You should read up more.
Ah, I see that now. It looks good, GL on your endeavors, I hope it's completed sometime in the future.
[doublepost=1469123946][/doublepost]
Uploaded the 1.3.2 blended textures to Mediafire: https://www.mediafire.com/?kmrv4vfhcth8qpm
I will do the non-blended version tomorrow.
Is this the HQX version? I'll try to compile some common issues I see later, and email you. Thanks for the update :D

Holy :red:, this is amazing. I'm gonna try this right now.
[doublepost=1469125080,1469124842][/doublepost]Am I right to say if you copy to Terraria/Contents, the .xnb files will auto overwrite usage of vanilla .xnb files?

[doublepost=1469125080,1469124842][/doublepost]Am I right to say if you copy to Terraria/Contents, the .xnb files will auto overwrite usage of vanilla .xnb files?
Yes, and to restore the files, just verify game cache. Simple, and clean looking!

The method is easy so long as the files image is recolored, this guy as well as armyfrog use the fact that the terraria textures are 2x2 pixels for every sprite. Idk why they did it that way, it might have a slight memory reduction with processing textures.

The method is easy so long as the files image is recolored, this guy as well as armyfrog use the fact that the terraria textures are 2x2 pixels for every sprite. Idk why they did it that way, it might have a slight memory reduction with processing textures.
I noticed this a while ago. It's interesting.
[doublepost=1469126646,1469126622][/doublepost]
Well I tried, it doesn't seem the game uses the updated textures.
What do you mean?

I actually noticed it on mobile while looking at tiles texture for a build I've been planning. I had to count the texture pixels and zoomed in to max and saw the edges of every pixel. Also you should talk to armyfrog cause if you and him decided to fuse your packs together these packs will both speed up. You both actually want the same thing, army has found how to improve the sprites yet keep them unchanged.

I actually noticed it on mobile while looking at tiles texture for a build I've been planning. I had to count the texture pixels and zoomed in to max and saw the edges of every pixel. Also you should talk to armyfrog cause if you and him decided to fuse your packs together these packs will both speed up. You both actually want the same thing, army has found how to improve the sprites yet keep them unchanged.
Army Frog's pack looks nice, but there is also pixely perfect, which I think looks good as well.
[doublepost=1469136298,1469136274][/doublepost]
Huh? I thought everything was smoothed out.. I can see a huge difference in OP.
That's what I meant, HD, smoothed-out. The terms are interchangeable I suppose.

I personally think @ArmyFrog wouldn't like it as much. He does his sprites by hand, from what I've seen he doesn't accept sprites through filters.
[doublepost=1469142753,1469142686][/doublepost]
Army Frog's pack looks nice, but there is also pixely perfect, which I think looks good as well.

Wow, thanks man :)

Back
Top Bottom