Mobile Android world save.

In android it's /data/data/Com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid/files and it's the .player and .world files. it's a protected folder so you will have to have root or backup your device to get to it.

They are root only folders, but I've heard that rooting wipes your device.
Depends on how's you do it. If you do it right, you lose no data on your device. If you do it wrong, you can put it in a "bootloop" (infinite looping boot attempts, but your device never fully boots up. It is fixable, but can be hard to fix. Very common problem.) Or you can "brick" it (rarer, but when you try to boot it up, nothing happens. Extremely difficult to fix without professional help, and in rare cases, is unfixable.) The only way your data would be wiped would be if you put it in a bootloop and had to wipe it to fix the loop and use your device again.

i havent tried it. I'm just worried i will mess something up, i don't have my other devices and this is how i talk to my gf bc of it.. don't want to lose touch with her... but i want my worlds cause my game went stupid..

i havent tried it. I'm just worried i will mess something up, i don't have my other devices and this is how i talk to my gf bc of it.. don't want to lose touch with her... but i want my worlds cause my game went stupid..

That's not a bad way to be. If you REALLY want to get to your worlds without root, I've heard that if you backup your thing to your computer, you can access protected folders without rooting it. But that's just what I heard. Idk why 505 doesn't want us downloading worlds from the interwebz

Well the people i live with kinda stole my laptop but the battery is junk. (And the company just recently sent me an email about recalls so it's wonderful cause i lose out on a new battery

guys i can see the file folder but it does not contain anything... help how can i put save files here
That's based on how you are trying to reach it. Saves are located In a folder behind the normal storage folder.
(Your storage folder is located as "/storage" And will show your internal storage and any microSD you connect. However the saves require you go to the location "/"then fallow folders to "/data/data/app_terraria_paid/files"

However the phone can't normally access that and it requires root and a "root browser" app. Or possibly access dev mode (settings tap "build" 10x) and turn on "usb debugging"

That's not a bad way to be. If you REALLY want to get to your worlds without root, I've heard that if you backup your thing to your computer, you can access protected folders without rooting it. But that's just what I heard. Idk why 505 doesn't want us downloading worlds from the interwebz
How do you back it up thoe?

Anyone know how to backup game data on android, and restore using files? If I need to root my device how do I do it without breaking anything

Type "how to root android device" in google, I prefer the xda developers site. But you are doing it on your own responsiblity. I tried to root my android device and it failed, in my case i lost everything that i had on it, but i had a backup and so. Im not sure if this is wiping all your data during root, probably yes. U must just try, but remember to backup your device before rooting.

Anyone know how to backup game data on android, and restore using files? If I need to root my device how do I do it without breaking anything
If you have 1.3 then you can find the saves in a folder then you just move them around.
Older versions i had found 2 apps that work together (see below in next part)

Type "how to root android device" in google, I prefer the xda developers site. But you are doing it on your own responsiblity. I tried to root my android device and it failed, in my case i lost everything that i had on it, but i had a backup and so. Im not sure if this is wiping all your data during root, probably yes. U must just try, but remember to backup your device before rooting.
I have never bothered with proper rooting, that stuff is way to risky if you arent experienced and even then you can still brick devices. I ended up finding a app that acted in the background to allow for a 2nd app to work, 2nd app being a "root" file manager. 1st app would override the normal limits and the manager let me get into those deep system folders.
Of course when it comes to mobile none of that stuff is actually allowed, so i wont share any details of what apps and you shouldn't go looking around for those kinda apps either because viruses, even if your on the "app store"
I will say tho, it did come in handy after the whole 1.3 release, i played on 3 devices and knew only my phone could handle the update, but no cloud saves. I used them to pull saves from my tablet and transfer them over to my phone. (Probably the most boarderline against the rules use of root access possible)

On current android smartphones rooting might not be necessery. because the location should be /storage/emulated/0/Android/data/com.and.games505.TerrariaPaid/Worlds

Back
Top Bottom