Mobile The Path Ahead: Major News Updates for Console & Mobile

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glad to see the new devs are based out of Eugene, Oregon. Go ducks! Lived here my whole life. Can't wait to see 1.3 on consoles

We're happy to be here too, especially on days like this where the sky forgets to dump a ton of rain on us and it's actually sunny and pleasant outside.

YAY! I always wanted 1.3 on my mobile device (coz I have the PC version but i kinda suck so i can't really see much 1.3 stuff, but on my mobile device I'm kinda O.P. (sorry to brag but i think i deserve it from what i said about the PC version;)))

What about Wii U? Is it considered an old-gen or current gen console? If the Wii U version gets 1.3, I'll buy it.

When it kicks in that the vanity outfit you wanted to make isn't possible now.
Screenshot_2016-05-30-21-00-43_kindlephoto-1270702018.jpg
IMG_20160726_193050.jpg

Soooo... the Ps Vita's hardware can't hadle 1.3.... ok fair enough.:sigh: Oh, whats this? Mobile is getting 1.3? Hmmmmmmm very interesting... :mad:

So sad for the 1400 people who I turn the vita on with an open lobby so they can grab stuff . Good news is engine is going away (4 years too late if you ask me ) and I can't wait to see if a new team can do any better at least the bar is set real low for them.

Considering this is the final update, I don't think that bar is moving.

What do they mean by reset on mobile? Does that mean I will lose all my progress that I've been acquiring for years??

My understanding is that they will be working to be sure that old saves will still work with the new version. "Reset" means that they are rebuilding the code from the ground up (again, by my understanding). It's a pretty big undertaking.

Considering this is the final update, I don't think that bar is moving.

For Old Gen, yes. Just so that noone is confused.

My understanding is that they will be working to be sure that old saves will still work with the new version. "Reset" means that they are rebuilding the code from the ground up (again, by my understanding). It's a pretty big undertaking.

For Old Gen, yes. Just so that noone is confused.
OK so I shouldn't really be worried about my progress being lost then right?

OK so I shouldn't really be worried about my progress being lost then right?

As far as I understand it. From Re-Logic's end, this would be something that we would very strongly push to see happen regardless. Our fans are very attached to their worlds and characters! :)

So yeah, I wouldn't worry unless someone comes out and says otherwise. ;)

No the newer Vita has more than that. lol They just don't want to pay for the update to get done on "older" consoles the Vita is only three years old.I think its more convenient for them to lump the PS3 Xbox and Vita together and call it a day. I guess I'll just wait for Starbound on the Vita, if they support the Vita version and WHENEVER they decide to release that.:sigh:

So, there's to be no rewrite of the 3DS or Wii U versions. Couldn't you have gotten someone a bit more competent than CodeGlue to have made the 3DS version? =/ We're just supposed to be content with build mode. Yay. Build mode... yay... eugh.

Nintendo users pay more than everyone else to get less than everyone else. It's a bit of a joke really. It doesn't even work half the time.

So I'm to assume that if RAM's the problem, and a 3DS doesn't have even as much as a PS Vita, then we're not even going to be on par with where the Vita version is. We'll get a few more items here and there. Woop! We're not ever going to get our Online Multiplayer or larger worlds, are we? Meh. You're never going to make use of the New 3DS' extra RAM, are you? Meh!

'Most people that play on 3DS have an old 3DS - so we want to optimize the game for that system!'

'Most people that play Xbox have a 360 - but we're going to make the game better on Xbox One!' Alllllllllllllrighty then.

Judging by how closely they're working with Sony & Microsoft I wouldn't be remotely surprised if this was a little deal to try to get people to upgrade!

Prediction - we'll continue to get bug fixes for 3DS (that ironically introduce more bugs), until CodeGlue's contract is up, then we'll get one final 'have some summons' or something farewell update, then, again, RAM being cited as the issue for no online multiplayer or larger worlds. Forgotten about.

I know, I know. I'm like a broken record. But somebody needs to fight for justice here! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom