PC Unknown error

Clairvoyant

Terrarian
This error message is displayed now whenever I try booting up my world, this hasn't happened before ever so I don't know how to fix this.

Anyone know how I can fix this?

It happens to my main world but my other world can load normally.
3c8fc4c430a27b63d1011f3b415946b1.png

Last edited:
Well it says OutOfMemoryException... So my first thought would be that your computer needs more RAM. Do you know how much you've got?

This isn't a sure thing, sometimes error messages can be misleading, but might as well start with the obvious.

The exact details depend on what version of windows you have, but generally it's something like right-clicking "Computer" or "My computer" and selecting Properties. That'll give you an overview of your system spec, including memory/RAM.

Alright, try this then:
Right-Click what used to be called the start menu.
Select Run.
Enter msinfo32.exe and click OK.

(I don't have a Windows 10 computer handy myself, but that's what the internet tells me is how you check.)

Well, good news and bad news.
Good News: You have plenty of RAM.
Bad News: I have no idea what the problem is.

Umm... So is it only the one world that causes this?

OK, so try this. If you go to Documents\My Games\Terraria\Worlds there should be files called your_world_name.wld and a your_world_name.wld.bak. See what happens if you rename the .wld file to .error (or anything) and .wld.bak file to just .wld. If it works this will restore a slightly older version of your world, hopefully without the error.

See what happens if you rename the .wld file to .error (or anything) and .wld.bak file to just .wld. If it works this will restore a slightly older version of your wolrd, hopefully without the error.

Are you sure? I don't want something bad happening to the world, this wont ruin it right?

As long as you only rename the files (not delete anything), it shouldn't be possible to do any permanent damage. To be extra safe, you could make a backup copy of the files to your desktop or wherever before you do anything.

Back
Top Bottom