Terraria: Otherworld Terraria Otherworld: Bringing You Up to Speed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Appreciate the support and glad you are a fan of our work thus far - which makes the rest pretty confusing. :p

Not a fan of having our character questioned, so - kindly point out said lies. Please provide backup to such claims. Everything is PRECISELY as we stated it:

• Looked at game
  • Game not close to good enough to hit our standards and your expectations for what it could and should be
  • Deep dive and root cause look into what was amiss and how to get things back on the right track
  • Getting all of that into place
  • Announcement
Saying anything in the interim was pointless. Stating problems without solutions helps noone. Stating possible solutions that may or may not work out is pointless. As best we can, we try to stick to statements that we can make with confidence. We won't compromise on the vision for this game - period. We have said that from day one. We will take whatever steps and whatever time are/is needed to ensure that is what occurs.

You are free, of course, to believe whatever it is you want....but implying that you are the one that has the vast Re-Logic conspiracy all figured out and everyone else is naive for believing what we are telling them is a bit much. :)

Ok lets begin. As I said before "Sounds Like a lie", but since you have replyied, Now i have no doubt anymore, specially when the reply comes from Loki God of the discord, or trickster, cheater and so on, why have you choose Loki??? i am very curious about it.

Here goes the backup:

• 7 months of silence, as know in some culture as "cri cri" - sound of cricket
  • "Game not close to good enough to hit our standards and your expectations for what it could and should be" This is the most generic, standard, marketing execuse of them all, lack of creativity, what raise a huge distrust, Terraria a game full of creativity, and a annoucement full of regreet, with a political stantard speech? come on, even you can do better.... I am pretty sure if exists a guide to game announcement,this excuse will be there, every single game company said this, every single time..... so boring.....
  • The way you talk about Engine Software, suggest there is a deep trouble, and probaly by force of contract they even cant defend himself against re-logic insults.
Here goes the solution:

• TRUTH - I am pretty sure, nobody will care about wherever happenned. in my opnion, the truth no matter how hard is, will construct a deep bond of trust, try once and you will see.
"everyone else is naive" - dont be so confident and giddy, i am sure than 90% or even more, simple dont care, and will be happy with anything. use this with lambs, not lions.

Try to answer that, doubt you can do this with solid arguments and material evidence. Just between us C#? really?

Ok lets begin. As I said before "Sounds Like a lie", but since you have replyied, Now i have no doubt anymore, specially when the reply comes from Loki God of the discord, or trickster, cheater and so on, why have you choose Loki??? i am very curious about it.

Here goes the backup:

• "Game not close to good enough to hit our standards and your expectations for what it could and should be" This is the most generic, standard, marketing execuse of them all, lack of creativity, what raise a huge distrust, Terraria a game full of creativity, and a annoucement full of regreet, with a political stantard speech? come on, even you can do better.... I am pretty sure if exists a guide to game announcement,this excuse will be there, every single game company said this, every single time..... so boring.....
  • The way you talk about Engine Software, suggest there is a deep trouble, and probaly by force of contract they even cant defend himself against re-logic insults.
Here goes the solution:

• TRUTH - I am pretty sure, nobody will care about wherever happenned. in my opnion, the truth no matter how hard is, will construct a deep bond of trust, try once and you will see.
"everyone else is naive" - dont be so confident and giddy, i am sure than 90% or even more, simple dont care, and will be happy with anything. use this with lambs, not lions.

Try to answer that, doubt you can do this with solid arguments and material evidence. Just between us C#? really?

So, the honest truth, the game wasn't good enough. I know it is hard to grasp the honesty here and that you feel entitled to some truth that isn't a reality but the fact of the matter is that is it.

You would get a lot further and get much better responses if you were to speak to people with a little more respect and less snark. :)

Here goes the backup:

Here goes the solution:

Didn't expect someone to start a conspiracy theory this early... Oh well, I suppose someone has too. The thing is; would ANY evidence be fit for you?

Personally, I'm happy to take Re-Logic's words at face value. Surely Terrarium itself is proof enough there?
If that makes me a 'Lamb' then I guess I'll get eaten. I just hope they've got some mint sauce!

Honestly, I'd say Re-Logic are under no obligation to even finish the game (or release it when people expect). It's their game and they can work on it at their own pace; money is only being asked for on release, so it's not like they're cheating people out of their money (like so many Steam games on EA). Nobody is entitled to their work unless they've paid money for the goods in question, which from what I understand, there have been no requests for money for ToW.

Even a reason such as "We didn't really feel like working on the game so it got delayed, sorry lol" is completely valid as far as I'm concerned.

Here goes the backup:

Here goes the solution:

My god soo evil.....

So, let me deconstruct this for you one more time...and then I'll move on to the better things I have to do. :)

"Since I replied = that must mean it's true": Classic logical fallacy there. Had there been no response, then you continue your rumor mongering and claim the silence as proof of the conspiracy. Then you do the same with a response. Sorry, but proof is what separates legit issues from inane ramblings. :)

What difference does it make what my online moniker is? That's a good one. Got a good laugh.

7 months of silence, as know in some culture as "cri cri" - sound of cricket

Already covered why that was in the last response. Will not repeat. Feel free to read again.

"Game not close to good enough to hit our standards and your expectations for what it could and should be" This is the most generic, standard, marketing execuse of them all, lack of creativity, what raise a huge distrust, Terraria a game full of creativity, and a annoucement full of regreet, with a political stantard speech? come on, even you can do better.... I am pretty sure if exists a guide to game announcement,this excuse will be there, every single game company said this, every single time..... so boring.....

The truth is like that often times. Simple, straight forward, boring. Sorry this missed your standards for Bourne-level intrigue, mystery, deception, and betrayal. We will do our best to fabricate some whimsical tale of subterfuge next time so that you are thoroughly entertained. :rolleyes:

As @Cenx noted as well as myself: it really is that simple. It wasn't good enough - not even close - and big changes needed to be made. That takes time to get in place. Once it was, it was announced here in this thread. As this isn't Early Access/Preorder/Whatever, we are free to make such calls however and whenever we see fit. So we did.

What exact insult are you talking about? The fact that team changes needed to be made and were? That's again factual. If you want to sling mud, that's on you - we prefer to keep things classy and focused on the end goal. :)

This is you disagreeing with yourself. At least 2-3 times. Most people don't care. You clearly do. You want the truth, you got it, yet you have decided in your own mind to disavow it.

If you - or anyone else - is so dissatisfied with the truth and path forward being given, then it is your prerogative to choose not to purchase the game when it arrives. As you have provided no factual basis for your statements, I see no reason to continue our little discussion here. I mean, in the end, this all really just comes across as this:

2258345996_a5fe2f9ced.jpg

So - there you go. Take it as you will. I would kindly note that continuing to just toss feces in this thread for the sake of inciting drama is the literal definition of trolling...so I am going to stop feeding said troll at this point in time.

For everyone else - stay tuned in the weeks ahead for more updates and thank you for your patience, understanding, and continued support! :cool:

I have but one question:
Is the ability to dye weapons and/or their effects (i.e. dying the Terrablade itself, as well as the swords it fires) added into the game? Is it planned to be added in? This is something that I have been wanting ever since I got my first Starfury back in 1.1. :D

I have but one question:
Is the ability to dye weapons and/or their effects (i.e. dying the Terrablade itself, as well as the swords it fires) added into the game? Is it planned to be added in? This is something that I have been wanting ever since I got my first Starfury back in 1.1. :D
I can't remember where I saw it but Cenx said they looked into it and it didn't work out.

I'd just like to say conggratulations and great work on a beautiful looking game. I am a hue fan of terraria and have been playing almost constantly since it came out on mobile which is the platform I have access to at the moment. I do apologize if this has been addressed already but I was wondering if there are plans to release a mobile/ console version of otherworld? If so/ not what platforms are you looking at? Linux? Mac?0

I'd just like to say conggratulations and great work on a beautiful looking game. I am a hue fan of terraria and have been playing almost constantly since it came out on mobile which is the platform I have access to at the moment. I do apologize if this has been addressed already but I was wondering if there are plans to release a mobile/ console version of otherworld? If so/ not what platforms are you looking at? Linux? Mac?0
According to Safeman:
Right now, it is only in development for PC, Mac, Xbox One, and PS4. Other platforms may be considered, but nothing official on that

So, let me deconstruct this for you one more time...and then I'll move on to the better things I have to do. :)

"Since I replied = that must mean it's true": Classic logical fallacy there. Had there been no response, then you continue your rumor mongering and claim the silence as proof of the conspiracy. Then you do the same with a response. Sorry, but proof is what separates legit issues from inane ramblings. :)

What difference does it make what my online moniker is? That's a good one. Got a good laugh.

Already covered why that was in the last response. Will not repeat. Feel free to read again.

The truth is like that often times. Simple, straight forward, boring. Sorry this missed your standards for Bourne-level intrigue, mystery, deception, and betrayal. We will do our best to fabricate some whimsical tale of subterfuge next time so that you are thoroughly entertained. :rolleyes:

As @Cenx noted as well as myself: it really is that simple. It wasn't good enough - not even close - and big changes needed to be made. That takes time to get in place. Once it was, it was announced here in this thread. As this isn't Early Access/Preorder/Whatever, we are free to make such calls however and whenever we see fit. So we did.

What exact insult are you talking about? The fact that team changes needed to be made and were? That's again factual. If you want to sling mud, that's on you - we prefer to keep things classy and focused on the end goal. :)

This is you disagreeing with yourself. At least 2-3 times. Most people don't care. You clearly do. You want the truth, you got it, yet you have decided in your own mind to disavow it.

If you - or anyone else - is so dissatisfied with the truth and path forward being given, then it is your prerogative to choose not to purchase the game when it arrives. As you have provided no factual basis for your statements, I see no reason to continue our little discussion here. I mean, in the end, this all really just comes across as this:

So - there you go. Take it as you will. I would kindly note that continuing to just toss feces in this thread for the sake of inciting drama is the literal definition of trolling...so I am going to stop feeding said troll at this point in time.

For everyone else - stay tuned in the weeks ahead for more updates and thank you for your patience, understanding, and continued support! :cool:

lol troll huh? so troll, that you keep distorting my words. cause you have no capacity to argue. But dont worry, i never thought you have such capacity.

who are you in the picture? i bet is the gentleman on the far left(first person from left to rigth), with a 500g of MMs packet.

And sorry about the C#, i made a mistake, thought you are conversant with game developer.

Without any sarcasm, I say this was essentially as well-defended as anyone could conceivably do, and, hell, you even deigned to give the line-by-line (to your credit). And yet...

Fortunately, though, I think most people "get it." The game looks promising; keep up the good work.

lol troll huh? so troll, that you keep distorting my words. cause you have no capacity to argue. But dont worry, i never thought you have such capacity.

who are you in the picture? i bet is the gentleman on the far left(first person from left to rigth), with a 500g of MMs packet.

And sorry about the C#, i made a mistake, thought you are conversant with game developer.

How is Loki distorting your words? He has literally quoted your exact responses and replied in direct honesty.

Instead you have decided to throw insults at him just for disproving you while completely ignoring his very reasonable points.

I will not waste anymore of my time with you. Good day.

Troll because you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Do you even comprehend English at all? Because all of your posts look like they came from Bing Translate where they can't even make a decently translated sentence! For someone who is 29 years old (according to YOUR claimed birth date on the forum), you act like you're 12 with this constant "conspiracy" notion regardless of whether you got answered or not. Grow up! Not every company out there is out to cheat you out of money and fun.

Surprise, surprise, you found one of the few companies that still values honesty over the monetary bottom line. Considering they're not asking for money from the customers until the game's official release (and not just an announcement). They owe us NOTHING for Terraria: Otherworld. They are not under ANY legal obligation to give us anything in regards to Otherworld. They don't even have to spoil us with sneak previews and development updates.

Continued insistence on this "conspiracy" bologna will result in reports of trolling. I'm likely not the only one that's getting irritated with your irrational conspiracy claims after you have been answered.

~~

Since my question was buried with hype and conspiracy posts, I'd like to bring the question back to the forefront:
Seeing how long it's been in development for a while, the extended period of silence, and recent announcement of getting the game back on track to Re-Logic standards, how much has this cost Re-Logic and Engine so far and is the development being funded adequately to keep the game "on schedule" (for lack of a better phrase)?
@Loki or @Cenx even if this means you're well caffeinated during your work on/with the game.

Wait... On Twitter it was stated that there is no mobile version coming. I can get it on pc but I have a friend who can only get it on mobile.

Is it possible that it will come to mobile at some point. Not soon, but sometime in the next year or two?

Best reply ever. :)
[doublepost=1470101081,1470100692][/doublepost]
Troll because you're just arguing for the sake of arguing. Do you even comprehend English at all? Because all of your posts look like they came from Bing Translate where they can't even make a decently translated sentence! For someone who is 29 years old (according to YOUR claimed birth date on the forum), you act like you're 12 with this constant "conspiracy" notion regardless of whether you got answered or not. Grow up! Not every company out there is out to cheat you out of money and fun.

Surprise, surprise, you found one of the few companies that still values honesty over the monetary bottom line. Considering they're not asking for money from the customers until the game's official release (and not just an announcement). They owe us NOTHING for Terraria: Otherworld. They are not under ANY legal obligation to give us anything in regards to Otherworld. They don't even have to spoil us with sneak previews and development updates.

Continued insistence on this "conspiracy" bologna will result in reports of trolling. I'm likely not the only one that's getting irritated with your irrational conspiracy claims after you have been answered.

~~

Since my question was buried with hype and conspiracy posts, I'd like to bring the question back to the forefront:

@Loki or @Cenx even if this means you're well caffeinated during your work on/with the game.
here's one of I'm sure many who love to report trolls.

It's more of a "it won't be at launch, but mobile is something we will consider (obviously) post the initial launch". Mobile is a whole different beast and not really in our core expertise - so we would want to do that right. Step one of that process is absolutely nailing the core game.

@Vashnik von Shinra - we won't share financial and other resource details out of confidentiality. Let's leave it at "a lot" and "funding hasn't been and isn't an issue in regards to progress on the game". :)

The troll is going to keep arguing unless we admit that he is right, so don't even bother.

Considering this game has 'Tower Defense' aspects, I wonder if you could have a multiplayer game of two characters waging war against each other's castles with hordes of summoned monsters. That would be super awesome if it were possible.

Considering this game has 'Tower Defense' aspects, I wonder if you could have a multiplayer game of two characters waging war against each other's castles with hordes of summoned monsters. That would be super awesome if it were possible.

Not a fan of multiplayer at all... But I think I'd change my mind for this!

Just a note regards to our good troll's lamb comment earlier; if pets are in Otherworld can we have a sheep pet with the tooltop 'Got any mintsauce...?'

Just a general verbal here, the troll/trolling comments are not needed nor wanted. If you think someone is breaking a rule of this forum, in this case trolling, report it and move on; don't draw attention to it, don't dwell on it, and don't linger on the issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom