Biomes & Nature Jungle Saved!

Do you want the jungle to be protected?

• Yes! I only want my jungle to be protected from the corruption, none of that cross-biome nonsense.

Votes: 1,185 58.8%
  • Yes! I want the jungle to fuse with the spirits of light and dark. (Comment on what you want added.)

Votes: 628 31.2%
  • No! I love watching the jungle wither away to become a corrupt wasteland that can never be restored.

Votes: 68 3.4%
  • Uh… I don’t really care… Am I supposed to?

Votes: 135 6.7%

• Total voters
Can you imagine a corrupt/crimson version of Plantera? *shudders*
That would be kinda game breaking because you need the normal jungle to spawn him. In a world where the jungle is fully taken by the evil biome, even if you could spawn Plantera, he would become enraged because he left the REAL jungle.
That's the point - make a special alternate version of Plantera for each of the two evil biomes.
Actually IF an an alternate crimson/corruption version of Plantera COULD be programmed in so could something as simple as alternative versions of the Plantera bulbs and I suppose those versions of Plantera could be be set to be content in their matching biomes. However:
Well farming the Pirate Invasion for that f:red:ing pirate staff was a pain in the neck, but was necessary for game progression for my class. Some things in life are a pain, and the same goes for this game. If fighting a Corrupted/Crimsoned/Hallowed Plantera will progress you to Late Game, then it will make the game too easy. You won't have to protect the jungle from anything because no matter what happens to it, you will not have to work to revert it back. It would upset the balance of the game. Yes I would like to see the ability to revert the Jungle back, but I would also like to see it as a requirement if the Evil Biome gets to it.
[doublepost=1468849123][/doublepost]Also I would like to make suggestions for the Polls to add three new options.
- I want it fully protected in Normal Mode, but I want it to be able to fuse in Expert Mode.
- I want it fully protected in Normal Mode, but I want no protection from the evil in Expert Mode.
- I want it to be able to fuse in Normal Mode, but I want no protection from the evil in Expert Mode.
he kinda has a point.

Actually IF an an alternate crimson/corruption version of Plantera COULD be programmed in so could something as simple as alternative versions of the Plantera bulbs and I suppose those versions of Plantera could be be set to be content in their matching biomes. However:
he kinda has a point.
I had some thoughts on what these special bosses might be like.
- He Uses Evil Hooks to get around.
- He Shoots Vile Seeds in Phase One. Thy deal more damage than normal.
- Some of them are replaced with Cursed Seeds. They inflict Cursed Inferno, and have a much higher velocity.
- He Releases Vile Thorn Balls in Phase One. Deal same damage as normal Thorn Balls, but they penetrate armor.

- He Releases Vile Tentacles when he enters Phase Two. He will regenerate fallen Vile Tentacles during the battle at an increasing rate as his health goes down. When the Vile Tentacles die, they turn into Corrupted Jungle Spirits. Corrupted Jungle Spirits fly around attempting to ram the player like Dungeon Spirits.
- He will attempt to ram the player in Phase Two.
- He can shoot high velocity Balls of Cursed Flame at the player.
- He Uses Bloody Hooks to get around.
- He Shoots Vicious Seeds in Phase One. Thy deal more damage than normal.
- Some of them are replaced with Ichor Seeds. They inflict Ichor, and have a much higher velocity.
- He Releases Vicious Thorn Balls in Phase One. Deal same damage as normal Thorn Balls, but they penetrate armor.

- He Releases Vicious Tentacles when he enters Phase Two. He will regenerate fallen Vicious Tentacles during the battle at an increasing rate as his health goes down. When the Vicious Tentacles die, they turn into Crimsoned Jungle Spirits. Crimsoned Jungle Spirits fly around attempting to ram the player like Dungeon Spirits.
- He can shoot high velocity Streams of Ichor at the player.

Last edited:
Also I would like to make suggestions for the Polls to add three new options.
- I want it fully protected in Normal Mode, but I want it to be able to fuse in Expert Mode.
- I want it fully protected in Normal Mode, but I want no protection from the evil in Expert Mode.
- I want it to be able to fuse in Normal Mode, but I want no protection from the evil in Expert Mode.
It's a bit too late to change the poll now... For the sake of consistency though, the jungle should probably behave the same in any game mode, especially if there cross-biomes that add in new content.

Last edited:
I had some thoughts on what these special bosses might be like.
- He Uses Evil Hooks to get around.
- He Shoots Vile Seeds in Phase One. Thy deal more damage than normal.
- Some of them are replaced with Cursed Seeds. They inflict Cursed Inferno, and have a much higher velocity.
- He Releases Vile Thorn Balls in Phase One. Deal same damage as normal Thorn Balls, but they penetrate armor.

- He Releases Vile Tentacles when he enters Phase Two. He will regenerate fallen Vile Tentacles during the battle at an increasing rate as his health goes down. When the Vile Tentacles die, they turn into Corrupted Jungle Spirits. Corrupted Jungle Spirits fly around attempting to ram the player like Dungeon Spirits.
- He can shoot high velocity Balls of Cursed Flame at the player.
- He Uses Bloody Hooks to get around.
- He Shoots Vicious Seeds in Phase One. Thy deal more damage than normal.
- Some of them are replaced with Ichor Seeds. They inflict Ichor, and have a much higher velocity.
- He Releases Vicious Thorn Balls in Phase One. Deal same damage as normal Thorn Balls, but they penetrate armor.

- He Releases Vicious Tentacles when he enters Phase Two. He will regenerate fallen Vicious Tentacles during the battle at an increasing rate as his health goes down. When the Vicious Tentacles die, they turn into Crimsoned Jungle Spirits. Crimsoned Jungle Spirits fly around attempting to ram the player like Dungeon Spirits.
- He can shoot high velocity Streams of Ichor at the player.

VERY cool

Last edited:
I meant that time too (except for the turtle gag).
Turtles aren't actually that bad. It's the following monsters:

These move so fast, and deal a lot of damage per second.
I hate spiders in general, and these guys are rather strong.
These guys are very strong, and Inflict Poison too.

They deal a hefty blow, and Inflict Cursed Inferno/Ichor, a deadly debuff.
These guys aren't hard to fight, but they Inflict Weak making it harder to combat other monsters.
If they hit you once, they suck you into a devastating cycle that ends in a disaster.
Hit > Cursed > Run > Hit > ... > Hit > Death
Run if you see these guys. You will die otherwise.

Turtles aren't actually that bad. It's the following monsters:

These move so fast, and deal a lot of damage per second.
I hate spiders in general, and these guys are rather strong.
These guys are very strong, and Inflict Poison too.

They deal a hefty blow, and Inflict Cursed Inferno/Ichor, a deadly debuff.
These guys aren't hard to fight, but they Inflict Weak making it harder to combat other monsters.
If they hit you once, they suck you into a devastating cycle that ends in a disaster.
Hit > Cursed > Run > Hit > ... > Hit > Death
Run if you see these guys. You will die otherwise.
I know they are not the worst, but they are freek'n super turtles that hurl around causing heavy damage like a bunch of badasses.

I know they are not the worst, but they are freek'n super turtles that hurl around causing heavy damage like a bunch of badasses.
But they flee like the cowards they are if you consistently attack them. They will attack with everything they got if you run from them. Don't give them that opportunity. Dominate them and they are no longer an issue. Same goes for any mob with that AI.

But they flee like the cowards they are if you consistently attack them. They will attack with everything they got if you run from them. Don't give them that opportunity. Dominate them and they are no longer an issue. Same goes for any mob with that AI.
Never thought they were retreating; thought they was just taking a step back for another attack.

Anyways, they still are far deadlier than the average tortoise!

Never thought they were retreating; thought they was just taking a step back for another attack.

Anyways, they still are far deadlier than the average tortoise!

There is only two types of tortoises in this game. There is the Giant Tortoise (Jungle), and the Ice Tortoise. You can't really compare it to anything besides it's equally strong variant for another biome, unless you want to compare it to one fo the other two mobs of its AI type.

There is only two types of tortoises in this game. There is the Giant Tortoise (Jungle), and the Ice Tortoise. You can't really compare it to anything besides it's equally strong variant for another biome, unless you want to compare it to one fo the other two mobs of its AI type.
The average tortoise is a reptile that is much smaller than a standard two door car and is at its most potential in the water, otherwise all they can do is lumber around and bite, or hide in their shell, not launch themselves many feet into the air towards victims with extreme prejudice.

Really i think there should be a curoptted or crimsoned or hollowed jungle! because it could have cool enemies and things! like we could have dif. enemies like, spectral turtle (or chaos turtle) for the hollow and a bloody piranha for crimson and a corrupt bat thing. but you could through current enemies in there like the jungle slime becomes the corrupt slime...
Terraria - banner 3.jpg

I like how the jungle is right now, if you are a good player you can make good quarentine zones inside and stop the spread, in that case you saved the jungle, the only thing dont really convinces me is that corruption and crimson may spawn inside jungle, that can be stoped with moe quarentine pokets and walls but dont look really good I guess.

I prefer worlds where crimson/corruption dont spawn inside jungle, then I just protect the jungle and keep playing.

I like how the jungle is right now, if you are a good player you can make good quarentine zones inside and stop the spread, in that case you saved the jungle, the only thing dont really convinces me is that corruption and crimson may spawn inside jungle, that can be stoped with moe quarentine pokets and walls but dont look really good I guess.

I prefer worlds where crimson/corruption dont spawn inside jungle, then I just protect the jungle and keep playing.
My jungle is currently gone because my crimson literally spawned overlapping my jungle.

My jungle no longer exists until around the middle of the underground layer. Crimson spawned on it, and then the Crimson overtook it in Hardmode.

then you guys probably didnt builded walls with empty pockets around it, so ofc nothing stoped it to keep spreading, I did that on all my biomes, ocean, snow, desert, my crimson is contained. Also I spreaded hallow around the jungle so it actcs as a natural barrier as well.

Back
Top Bottom