[Released WIP] Terraria Avalon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Will this ever go to tmodloader? :/ It looks like such a good mod.
it was a good mod, arguably one of the best of its time back in tconfig, but the dev is away doing other things, and im unsure if he is coming back, though he said if he did, he'd look into porting over to tmodloader.

it was a good mod, arguably one of the best of its time back in tconfig, but the dev is away doing other things, and im unsure if he is coming back, though he said if he did, he'd look into porting over to tmodloader.
I thought that they were working on it atm, but aren't posting on the forums because of other stuff

hmm, i dont know about that, but if so, HUSSAH! though blahs last activity was a few days ago, so the possibility is real.
This came up a couple weeks ago:
@blahblahbal is currently working on AvalonMod 1.3, as well as a source port of it. The mod isn't abandoned, but we were rather waiting for stableness(Which 1.3.1 brought after its hotfixes). AvalonMod modding will continue soon in the public eye, but for now, things are being kept a bit quiet to prevent content spoilers and leaks of what we have discussed in implementing. Not even the AvalonMod testers know about the stuff.

@imkSushi, the mod is approved under the AvalonMod Team for our use only. The team and I do not grant permission for a 3rd-party updater to redo the mod, final. Just know that things are active behind the scenes more-so than it appears here, and I thank you for the offer.

Speaking of which....now that you bring it up, someone with experience even better, I'd put you on the AvalonMod team to get to coding with me if you so desired. Be part of the main team and have spriters to help and the original active creators to guide you. I'd probably be able to get approval from Blah much faster than people outside the team on decisions like team members, not including keep you up to date with background happenings. Not including you will have access to the assets we use, such as sprites. :)

Edit: Using the sprites in the mod constitutes a violation of copyright due to our multitude of authors, which is hereby illegal and can constitute possible legal action. Quite a few sprites are given to the AvalonMod team only through the basis of the team alone: Not through any one of us. We simply can't give them out or let a re-maker use them, as it would violate copyright of a lot of spriters who wouldn't approve.

Copyright of spriters... That would not be violating any copyright, as the spriters have not technically set up a copyright, nor is there any monetary gain, so legal action would be useless @Bullseye55

Copyright of spriters... That would not be violating any copyright, as the spriters have not technically set up a copyright, nor is there any monetary gain, so legal action would be useless

That is untrue. Copyright is automatic and does not have to be "set up" and monetary gain is practically irrelevant outside of deciding damages in cases where infringement has occurred. Bottom line, you can't use another person's intellectual property without it being released under an appropriate license or receiving explicit consent.

That is untrue. Copyright is automatic and does not have to be "set up" and monetary gain is practically irrelevant outside of deciding damages in cases where infringement has occurred. Bottom line, you can't use another person's intellectual property without it being released under an appropriate license or receiving explicit consent.
Got it right on the spot, Jeckel. Why I have to make the warning every time the issue of property arises.

Because not everyone knows how copyrighting works.
Then all I have to say is this: Do all of us a favor, and you, by researching how it works instead of interjecting and giving false information that may mislead others. The warning's clear, and nearly anything on the internet that is credible easily backs it up. Back on topic, though, as we all know how copyright works now seemingly.

Any content ideas from anyone what they would like to see added?

Then all I have to say is this: Do all of us a favor, and you, by researching how it works instead of interjecting and giving false information that may mislead others. The warning's clear, and nearly anything on the internet that is credible easily backs it up. Back on topic, though, as we all know how copyright works now seemingly.

I want a wyvern (a true wyvern) as a mount that breaths fire wherever your mouse is pointed at.
like the Scutlix mount.
latest
<-- wyvern
edit: make it slightly faster than the scutlix mount.

I want a wyvern (a true wyvern) as a mount that breaths fire wherever your mouse is pointed at.
like the Scutlix mount.
[Snipped for post loading times.]<-- wyvern
edit: make it slightly faster than the scutlix mount.

When I read over your idea, a bit of me created these attributes:

As fast as the Scutlix mount but requires extended walking to reach that speed, can fly for a limited time, and breathes a constant stream of fire at enemies in range(Color customization with the mount dye if things work out, and think akin to a wider, cone-shaped flamethrower). Has a much shorter range than the Scutlix and a slower acceleration, but makes it up for being able to fly for a bit and its unique cone-shaped flame that hits multiple enemies rapidly.

Thoughts? Came up with the concept in around a minute. :)

As fast as the Scutlix mount but requires extended walking to reach that speed,
can fly for a limited time,
and breathes a constant stream of fire at enemies in range(Color customization with the mount dye if things work out, and think akin to a wider cone-shaped flamethrower)
Has a much shorter range than the Scutlix and a slower acceleration
makes it up for being able to fly for a bit and its unique cone-shaped flame that hits multiple enemies rapidly.

I'll try to make a head.

cyan = accepted

As fast as the Scutlix mount but requires extended walking to reach that speed, can fly for a limited time, and breathes a constant stream of fire at enemies in range(Color customization with the mount dye if things work out, and think akin to a wider, cone-shaped flamethrower). Has a much shorter range than the Scutlix and a slower acceleration, but makes it up for being able to fly for a bit and its unique cone-shaped flame that hits multiple enemies rapidly.

I actually really like that idea, could make for a unique mount. I don't believe that there was a mount added to any of the Avalon versions, correct me if I am wrong, so it'd be really cool to see how it would work out. :)

perhaps new enemies to events like the goblin invasion, pirates, eclipse and martians? (and frost legion, because everyone forgot about them :( ).

Something i've wanted for a while that would be cool is in addition to ore slimes, a rare spawning dye slime that drops dyes.

I actually recommended this to Blah a while back, but haven't heard anything from him since.

Hmm.
  1. Revamped Ultrablivion would be nice, with new attacks, AI, etc., to make him more unique.
  2. A new sword shrine. If that's possible, with Eon's Eternity (something like Aeon's Eternity) or something like it inside.
  3. A dragon's den biome. Preferably with Dragonlings, Dragon Eggs (could hatch if the player is within a certain distance of them), and Arch Dragons, etc.
Just a few ideas, not sure if they're good or not.

Hmm.
  1. Revamped Ultrablivion would be nice, with new attacks, AI, etc., to make him more unique.
  2. A new sword shrine. If that's possible, with Eon's Eternity (something like Aeon's Eternity) or something like it inside.
  3. A dragon's den biome. Preferably with Dragonlings, Dragon Eggs (could hatch if the player is within a certain distance of them), and Arch Dragons, etc.
..- .-.. - .-. .- --- -... .-.. .. ...- .. --- -. / .. ... / -.-. --- -- .. -. --. / .- -. -.. / .-- . / .- .-.. .-. . .- -.. -.-- / .... .- ...- . / .- / -. . .-- / .- .. / -.. .-. .- .-- -. / ..- .--. / .- -. -.. / .-. . .- -.. -.-- / - --- / .. -- .--. .-.. . -- . -. - .-.-.- / .--. .-. --- .--. ... / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / ..-. .. --. ..- .-. . -.. / --- ..- - / - .... .. ... / --. .. -... -... . .-. .. ... .... .-.-.-

All I'll say. Consider it a small-ish spoiler. :p

Something i've wanted for a while that would be cool is in addition to ore slimes, a rare spawning dye slime that drops dyes.

I actually recommended this to Blah a while back, but haven't heard anything from him since.
Love the idea and will definitely implement it. :)

Hmm.
  1. A new sword shrine. If that's possible, with Eon's Eternity (something like Aeon's Eternity) or something like it inside.
  2. A dragon's den biome. Preferably with Dragonlings, Dragon Eggs (could hatch if the player is within a certain distance of them), and Arch Dragons, etc.
  3. adding to the 2 idea, this could be where you'd get the Wyvern mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom