3DS My Main world won't load

Alexmo

Terrarian
Okay so heres what happend my firend placed a bunch of train track i then saved and extied then when i try to load it again the game frezzes and then it says a error stuff and the system will restart

Okay so heres what happend my firend placed a bunch of train track i then saved and extied then when i try to load it again the game frezzes and then it says a error stuff and the system will restart
Does it do that every time you try to enter that world?

The same thing keeps happening to mine, too. And I've found lots of rare items in that world. I don't want to delete it and start over. I finally built a house using Obsidian bricks and Obsidian walls. I also have a full set of Molten Armour and stored another one in a chest. I was going to use that for my second character. But, every time I try loading that world, it crashes!! It won't load and now I fear I've lost everything I had in that world. I've tried taking the SD card out (while the system was off) and putting it back in, and even tried taking the cartridge out. Nothing worked. And yes, I still have the 1.03 update. I didn't delete that. So, what's the problem?? How do I fix this without deleting my world?

Last edited:
Amethyst post: 1063304 said:
The same thing keeps happening to mine, too. And I've found lots of rare items in that world. I don't want to delete it and start over. I finally built a house using Obsidian bricks and Obsidian walls. I also have a full set of Molten Armour and stored another one in a chest. I was going to use that for my second character. But, every time I try loading that world, it crashes!! It won't load and now I fear I've lost everything I had in that world. I've tried taking the SD card out (while the system was off) and putting it back in, and even tried taking the cartridge out. Nothing worked. And yes, I still have the 1.03 update. I didn't delete that. So, what's the problem?? How do I fix this without deleting my world?
I truly have no idea. My best suggestion would to be try out another fresh new character and build them up until the next patch rolls out.

It's not the character that's the problem. It's the world. I have four different characters and I tried using all of them, but the world keeps crashing when it's loading. I finally created a house made out of Obsidian and now it's all gone! All because of a stupid bug that has never been fixed, as it has apparently been around since the PC version first released. I spoke to a friend of mine who has been playing the PC version for years now, and he lost his world twice. I'm so frustrated right now.

I've completely destroyed a Floating Island and replaced it with a Glowing Mushroom Biome and a Jungle Biome right beside it. I've done so much work and now I can't even use that world, anymore. I hope they create a patch to prevent this problem in the future. It's a pain to create a new world and do everything all over again.

Last edited:
Amethyst post: 1063892 said:
It's not the character that's the problem. It's the world. I have four different characters and I tried using all of them, but the world keeps crashing when it's loading. I finally created a house made out of Obsidian and now it's all gone! All because of a stupid bug that has never been fixed, as it has apparently been around since the PC version first released. I spoke to a friend of mine who has been playing the PC version for years now, and he lost his word twice. I'm so frustrated right now.

I've completely destroyed a Floating Island and replaced it with a Glowing Mushroom Biome and a Jungle Biome right beside it. I've done so much work and now I can't even use that world, anymore. I hope they create a patch to prevent this problem in the future. It's a pain to create a new world and do everything all over again.
What I'm saying is either build up a new world that can keep you busy until the other one is fixed. You should hopefully remember your old world and know how to make a new one at least somewhat similar.

I'll never forget my very first world. When I was still new to this game, I accidentally destroyed one Crimson Heart, which triggered the Goblin Army to spawn. lol. I've never seen the Crimson Biome, before. So, I didn't know what would happen if one of the hearts got destroyed and at first glance, I've mistaken it for a Blood Crawler (I ran out of torches). Once I became stronger, I set up lava pits in front of my house. It was an easy way to defeat the Goblin Army. They spawned every three nights or so. However, I'm not complaining. Fighting them was pretty fun.

It's too bad that this is a problem that has been happening for years. What basically happens, is that the world/ save file becomes corrupted and unplayable. I'm sure the developers are aware of it. It just sucks that they haven't really figured out how to fixed it. I'm not sure what causes it to happen, though.

I'll never forget my very first world. When I was still new to this game, I accidentally destroyed one Crimson Heart, which triggered the Goblin Army to spawn. lol. I've never seen the Crimson Biome, before. So, I didn't know what would happen if one of the hearts got destroyed and at first glance, I've mistaken it for a Blood Crawler (I ran out of torches). Once I became stronger, I set up lava pits in front of my house. It was an easy way to defeat the Goblin Army. They spawned every three nights or so. However, I'm not complaining. Fighting them was pretty fun.

It's too bad that this is a problem that has been happening for years. What basically happens, is that the world/ save file becomes corrupted and unplayable. I'm sure the developers are aware of it. It just sucks that they haven't really figured out how to fixed it. I'm not sure what causes it to happen, though.
Do you own the game card copy, or did you buy it off of the eShop? There is another thing people say might work, but only on the eShop version.

I own a physical copy of it (a game cartridge). :/
Hmm, what about your SD card? People over on the 3DS version bug report thread have come up with the theory that crashes might somehow be tied to the console's SD card.

Actually, you might want to go over and tell them about it. I, myself, know hardly anything about SD cards. Maybe someone else will. If you need help finding it, it's called "3DS KNOWN ISSUES".

If you go to the Terraria page in the eShop, you can try "Repair Software". Supposedly this doesn't always work, but it's worth a try.
Didn't work. Damn you Terraria. My game has also been crashing constantly (before I tried this, just now) so hopefully that may help... Thank you for the advice though.

*Sniff* This happened to my beloved world as well. Hours of work put in to it and for nothing. *sigh* guess I can start again. It will be a HUGE pain but I have no other choice. Can anyone tell me how to avoid this corrupting world problem so it won't happen a second time? :merchanteek::merchantsigh:
~:mad:

The repair software didn't work for me, and the work me and my brother put into this world... what a loss. Hope they fix this bug soon.

I own a physical copy of it (a game cartridge). :/

Hi, do you know how to copy your world to your SD card?

This allso happens to my main world. Is there already an fix for this problem? I'm frustrated. I have spend 72 hour to this world.

If you go to the Terraria page in the eShop, you can try "Repair Software". Supposedly this doesn't always work, but it's worth a try.
can you explain more about this pls

i have beat golem on my world but then something happened and crashed my game. it no longer lets me into my world. doing certain things crashes the game. placing track or touching the map with 2 fingers causes my game to crash. how do you fix these errors?

i have beat golem on my world but then something happened and crashed my game. it no longer lets me into my world. doing certain things crashes the game. placing track or touching the map with 2 fingers causes my game to crash. how do you fix these errors?
It sounds like your world file is corrupted, and unfortunately there’s no fix for it.

I had this problem a couple of years ago but couldn't find any information on how to fix it, so all I could do was hold out hope that they would release an update fixing this. To my knowledge they didn't.

I realize it's been years since any developers have worked on the 3ds version / Terraria on 3ds was played by a lot of people, but has anyone found a fix for it yet? I had a lot of fun playing it on 3ds, it was my favorite version and I'd like to be able to play it again if I can, idk

Back
Top Bottom