Story The Lamentation of the Moon Lord

What should I write next?

• Somthing NOT Terraria based (Probably not on these forums)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
*peeps up* From popular demand? *sits down*
Hehe, no, I can't stretch Lamentation much further (Sadly). I may do an Xmas special as well, but that would be all.

Pretty sure Derunih reposted the Halloween because he updated his contest entry ( Which was the Halloween special originally ) to his new and improved entry. You all probably wanna go read that.
*Squints at* Not sure if I actually told you directly... But yes, it's because I have a different entry in the TCF Anniversary Contest now. It is related, but not quite LotML. The post is >Here< for those who don't know~ `:naughty:

I wish this story could have a happy end. The Immortal doesn't deserve to win.
P.S Why do you refer to the immortal as "they"? it's only one person.
[DOUBLEPOST=1444848813,1444848756][/DOUBLEPOST]
I'm legitimately curious, not trying to be rude.

[DOUBLEPOST=1444848813,1444848756][/DOUBLEPOST]
I haven't read the whole story so I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure Derunih only used "they" to define the Immortal because their gender is unknown.

Although you might want Derunih to confirm before taking my word for it.

But that is the way Terraria goes... Unless you are playing Hardcore, like a crazy person! ':eek:

As for "They", Frog got it, and it is mentioned somewhere in the massive pile of comments. To me, "they" is not necessarily plural, and I needed a gender-ambiguous pronoun to vaguely refer to the Immortal.

But that is the way Terraria goes... Unless you are playing Hardcore, like a crazy person! ':eek:

As for "They", Frog got it, and it is mentioned somewhere in the massive pile of comments. To me, "they" is not necessarily plural, and I needed a gender-ambiguous pronoun to vaguely refer to the Immortal.
ok I didn't read the comments I just read the story.

Last edited:
I saw this while looking for stories to read, and I skipped this one. I regret it. :c

Just finished reading this! I've just gotten hooked into reading stuff, and this was a delight to go through. I love it c:

The last few chapters were annoying to read though.
(That's because I knew the 'Immortal' would win >:c )

I saw this while looking for stories to read, and I skipped this one. I regret it. :c

Just finished reading this! I've just gotten hooked into reading stuff, and this was a delight to go through. I love it c:

The last few chapters were annoying to read though.
(That's because I knew the 'Immortal' would win >:c )
Thank you for popping by! And thank you even more for enjoying the read~ `:passionate:

As for the ending... The disadvantage of following a (slightly) pre-set story, from the opposite perspective. But that frustration proves that the story was well done `:naughty:

This thread was once so alive :(
And then the story ended, and Bunny Diary was born! If it helps, I am about to copy my Contest Entry over.

About that, the entry was a snippet I plan to include in the Ancient Cults story, should I ever get around to it. So, think of it as a little teaser, of what might eventually come~

The End of the War

I draw my unfamiliar blade, my fellow priests milling anxiously behind me. The doors to our blue-lit halls creak as yet another rocket was fired at it, but it still yet held. One of those behind me burst into tears, collapsing to his knees as screams crept in from outside. The scuff of boots heralded one of the others help him back to his feet, none of us having the luxury to worry. They were bound to have finished reloading.

A woosh from outside makes my eyes widen. I turn to the others, screaming a warning at the crowded hall, “Run! That was just a warning sh-” The rest of my sentence was drowned out by a plume of flame, the crimson heat surging around me as the door flies through the air, hurtling me along with it.

With a sickening crunch my body impacted the wall, acting almost as a signal for the other priests to flee. Our soldiers already fought bravely outside, and only the most devout followers of the Lord of the Night remained behind. They were ill suited for battle, but were needed none the less. My eyes glaze over as I see more of the enemy force charge in, each armed in all manner of guns and complex armour. The Solar Coven was winning.

I can feel the life ebbing out of me, but I am not about let that stop me. As the soldiers ran past, I take up the blessed blade Muramasa in my gloved hand once more. Those that came in last stop as I adjust my mask. I hear a hum of energy from the group as one of them raises a Flower of Fire, embers already fanning to life around it as I brace myself.

And then, with the resounding ring of metal upon bone, a Hammer flew past my head to cave in one of the intruders. The enchanted weapon spun in the air, before returning to the fist of the imposing warrior who was already crushing another foe into the wall with their gilded shield and massive strength.

My shortness of breath wrings ragged shakes through my body, making it hard to keep on my feet as I beckon the Paladin over. “The Church of the Moon can not hold out much longer... Please, go down to protect those that pray still. Our pleas may yet be heard.”

The colossal champion who defended our belief nodded solemnly, before trudging down below. I gaze out to the battlefield through the smouldering remains of the entrance, finding myself confronted by a field of bodies. Followers of the Moon lay everywhere, warriors of the Solar Coven hunting our few survivors down relentlessly. The enormous silhouettes of the Golems now dominated the horizon, their forms lit only by the flashes of the flame that spewed from their mouths.

I weep at the sight as I fall to my knees, just as my fellow believer had just before. The light of the Moon falls upon my face as it rises to its peak, not quite at its full this night.

I briefly think I see a flicker in the sky as I gaze upon the Gibbous Moon. Afraid of some new assailant raining down upon us, I sweep my gaze across the skies. Yet once again I catch a glimpse, four black specks growing ever closer.

The Four Celestial Towers each ripple with their own unique energy as crash down upon the sea of corpses, the very sight of which leaving me with no reaction but to rest my jaw down on my chest. Those I can still see out on the battlefield begin to fight with renewed vigour, and I feel a wave of energy wash over me with a revitalizing calmness.

From the Pillars spill out an assortment of strange soldiers, each of them garbed in glowing armour that hurts my eyes to behold. Some charge past to stab at our foes with flaming spears, armour burning as ferociously as their battle rage. Others take to the sky with guns that spray explosive shrapnel, almost every shot fired finding it’s mark. Others direct the flow of battle from the back of the group, also sending purple waves of energy flying at anyone to slip past our lines. And the remaining group stay back, helping the wounded and dying as they pulse with a light not unlike the pale Moon.

One of the beings swathed in blue as I feel myself beginning to fade away, for the soothing power of the Towers is not enough for me to ignore my wounds. A firm hand upon my chest makes me feel safe, the mysterious soldier sending waves of warmth through me. It is time for me to rest now...

Our Lord has heard us, and we are saved.

Awesome story! Been reading it since the beginning, but in the epilogue, did the moon lord die or is he still alive, or is he human now? I'm kind confused. :confused: Otherwise it was great!;)

Back
Top Bottom