Weapons & Equip Icicle Chain (lategame flail/boomerang/waterbolt type weapon)

Oilura

Terrarian
Icicle Chain
Icicle Chain.png

50 melee damage
25 use time
Low knockback​

When used, it throws itself out like a Flail/Whip. When the left mouse button is released, the chain links (icicles) will detach from the flail handle and its other links, turning into projectiles that move in the direction of where it is fired at without being affected by gravity or losing velocity. The projectiles will bounce 5 times before returning to its owner. The chain can be re-fired before its links/icicles return to its owner.

Dropped by Ice Queen.

Last edited:
So it's a hyperactive flailerang?

I'm having trouble seeing how this particular weapon would be much different than the Paladin Hammer, aside from the ricochet mechanic. The weapons you have by the time you can make it to the Ice Queen are far superior to this particular idea. Not only that, but this idea is easily outclassed by other weapons dropped during the same event.

Perhaps coming up with a different mechanic would help this out.
No. It is a hyperactice Waterbolt that just happens to be able to be used as a flail. It isn't affected by gravity, it will keep moving until it hits 5 blocks or the edge of the map, etc.

It still stands to reason that this weapon is outclassed by it's peers. Other melee weapons, such as the Terra Blade, do what this weapon does, but they do it better.
What if it shoots 10 icicles at once that pierces infinitely (which it does)?

Then it's wildly overpowered. Infinite piercing and it bounces? This would negate the need for any other weapon, ever.

Even if it's coming from the current end game content, nothing should be this powerful.
Water Bolt pierces infinitely AND bounces 5 times. You should try it.

Water Bolt also has mediocre damage. That being said, no one ever stated that Water Bolt wasn't already overpowered. Water Bolt also comes with a cost, something your suggestion doesn't, as it's a psuedo-ranged weapon dealing melee damage, much like Scourge of the Corruptor. Or Vampire Knives.

What you're are suggesting, in a perfect world, is this:

A cost free "Water Bolt" that benefits from the enormous gains of melee armor sets, that deals around seven hundred damage. Per use. Unbuffed, unmodified, and without the damage bonuses from reforging and armor set bonuses.

It's overpowered. Plain and simple.
K i nerfed damage and use time. I just don't want it to deal 1 damage.

Besides, Water Bolt is 'cost free' once you get mana potions, since Potion Sickness hardly does anything to Water Bolt.

Piercing actually reduces its effectiveness somewhat, due to the mechanics... if the spread is quite random, I don't see it being overpowered. If it turns out to be OP anyways, we could reduce the projectile count.

It's original and I like it. I want to see this work.

Hmmmm... This seems interesting and is good for killing BUT is a bit overpowered. But overall I like it. :)
Here is a sprite:
Icicle Chain.png

Back
Top Bottom