PC 1.3.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wait, desert has more worms, worms giving venom, and more spawns?

That's a bit excessive, no?

Worms giving venom?

@azumarill64, if Dune Splicers or Tomb Crawlers are inflicting Venom, please let me know, because that's not intended. Only Sand Poachers (the Scorpions) are inflicting Venom, because they were rather mild and it was fitting to give them that debuff.

Reactions: Azu
Anyone got this running on a Linux server without issues? We're having issues on my server that seem to be 1.3.3-related, still trying to determine if it's our fault before reporting a bug.

Edit: Using Mono, no TShock.

Edit 2: The specific issue is that -everyone- is stuck on receiving tile data, while 1.3.2 works fine.

Edit 3:
I now have two separate servers set up, on different ports, with different worlds. 1.3.2.1 and 1.3.3. The 1.3.2.1 works fine for everyone, the 1.3.3 is apparently losing (not sending?) all the packets needed to connect. No console output that would be useful, just one "{IP} is connecting..." for each attempt.
For now, just announced that we will be waiting a day to update. Hopefully something will change by then. Mini-edit: same configuration for both, nothing non-standard aside from port and world path.

Edit 4:
Notably all clients attempting to connect are on various Windows OS's.

Unfortunately it seems that while improving the network code I broke it for Mono (OS X / Linux) users. I know where the issue is, and I'm working on a fix right now. We will have something out as soon as possible.

Sorry!

Unfortunately it seems that while improving the network code I broke it for Mono (OS X / Linux) users. I know where the issue is, and I'm working on a fix right now. We will have something out as soon as possible.

Sorry!

Thank you! Good to know you found out what the problem is. :)

I am no longer able to host any sort of server on linux. "Host & Play" doesn't work for even my own system as of 1.3.3; connecting and getting world data was always instant in 1.3.2, but now is sluggish and hangs at "receiving world information".

When I tried this, I noticed the server process was running and using CPU, but would close on its own after a few minutes. Since I couldn't see what it was doing, I downloaded and ran the dedicated server. Everything loaded fine, up until the end:

Missing method ToPrime in assembly /home/snipe/Dedicated Server/Linux/System.Core.dll, type System.Collections.HashPrimeNumbers
Load failed!

Google only had one pertinent match for the error, which is a post nearly a year old: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/linux-server-wont-start-properly.35142/

Single player seems to work fine, but I mostly play Terraria with friends and host our world.

Sorry!

Just glad it wasn't my fault :3

It's really surprising.

A small problem (does anyone else met by the way?):
it seems no longer support 1980X1080 resolution.
1.png
2.png
It's completely blank at full screen window (no problem before updating) and the resolution on full screen mode is also low.
Not sure whether it's my computer's problem.

Edit:
Drag the Windowed screen to Full Screen size is OK, but it will still become blank when hit the maximize button

Last edited:
I am no longer able to host any sort of server on linux. "Host & Play" doesn't work for even my own system as of 1.3.3; connecting and getting world data was always instant in 1.3.2, but now is sluggish and hangs at "receiving world information".

When I tried this, I noticed the server process was running and using CPU, but would close on its own after a few minutes. Since I couldn't see what it was doing, I downloaded and ran the dedicated server. Everything loaded fine, up until the end:

Missing method ToPrime in assembly /home/snipe/Dedicated Server/Linux/System.Core.dll, type System.Collections.HashPrimeNumbers
Load failed!

Google only had one pertinent match for the error, which is a post nearly a year old: http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/linux-server-wont-start-properly.35142/

Single player seems to work fine, but I mostly play Terraria with friends and host our world.

Just look a few posts above yours - known issue, fix being worked on.

Sorry!

Update is decent. New mount is cool (got it in first 15 min) but unicorn mount is still better. New ancient vanity looks cool too. BUT, there are many more bugs then they fixed. 'Quick stack to nearby chest' button is broken so you have to do it manualy. in coop some tombstones are broke as they say only your name. And that is pretty much everything that I noticed in first 20 min that I was playing it.

Update is decent. New mount is cool (got it in first 15 min) but unicorn mount is still better. New ancient vanity looks cool too. BUT, there are many more bugs then they fixed. 'Quick stack to nearby chest' button is broken so you have to do it manualy. in coop some tombstones are broke as they say only your name. And that is pretty much everything that I noticed in first 20 min that I was playing it.

Could you provide more details on the Quick Stack bug? I've been using this feature without any issue for the past two days on this version and I've had no issues at all.

As for the co-op tombstones, how did the people in question die?

Won't be surprised if it will be Starbound.

You will be surprised then.

UPDATE FOR MAC & LINUX USERS:

We are aware of an issue with networking on Mac and Linux. Work is being done to correct the problem as quickly as possible! Hang in there!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom