New 1.3.3 items

so far all I have found new is a mandible blade currently trying to get a sandstorm not sure the trigger conditions briefly had one but it ended too quickly...

I can say that it is not intrinsically linked to rain or heavy rain though the one occurrence did match up with a heavy rain/blizzard elsewhere no other rain incidence including subsequent heavy rain has triggered a sandstorm...

The Mandible Blade not being craftable from antlion mandibles was a big missed opportunity. Also I'm a bit disappointed that the only item in this update that's useful in late hardmode is the Spirit Flame; when I heard that the new armor set was called Forbidden Armor I kind of expected something more powerful than a mid-hardmode summoner/mage armor. On the plus side at least there's a better summoner armor between Spider and Tiki armor now. I'm also interested in why the Ancient set looks so similar to the Forbidden set from a lore perspective, I get the feeling that there's some kind of desert cult that used to wear those sets.

The Mandible Blade not being craftable from antlion mandibles was a big missed opportunity.

Out of curiosity, @Okkusen Man, if Mandible Blade was craftable, what do you think would be a reasonable crafting recipe for it? Would it be just Antlion Mandibles, or would it have more to it? How many mandibles, considering that they are really easy to come by these days.

Out of curiosity, @Okkusen Man, if Mandible Blade was craftable, what do you think would be a reasonable crafting recipe for it? Would it be just Antlion Mandibles, or would it have more to it? How many mandibles, considering that they are really easy to come by these days.
Considering that it's reasonably powerful for a pre-hardmode weapon, I think that including Sturdy Fossils in the crafting recipe would be a good way to make sure it isn't available too early. Something like 10 mandibles and 10 fossils, give or take, seems like a reasonable crafting recipe to me. It might need to be buffed slightly though, depending on whether or not it's too weak for the point that it would be available given the new crafting recipe.

It would definitely need to be changed if it used Sturdy Fossils; its designed as a pre-EoC weapon, and is a tad weaker than Platinum/Gold Broadsword, but Sturdy Fossils require a Deathbringer Pickaxe or greater. Doesn't quite fit unfortunately. :(

It would definitely need to be changed if it used Sturdy Fossils; its designed as a pre-EoC weapon, and is a tad weaker than Platinum/Gold Broadsword, but Sturdy Fossils require a Deathbringer Pickaxe or greater. Doesn't quite fit unfortunately. :(
Maybe Amber would be a better choice then?

Maybe Amber would be a better choice then?
Or topaz, or some other lower tier material. As it stands I definitely wouldn't be going out of my way for the Mandible Blade with how low its drop rate is and how much better weapons (like the Starfury and War Axe of the Night) are basically just around the corner at that point in the game. And those weapons are craftable.

I found the Djinns Curse and loved that item! might also be the first vanity item that also gives u a usefull affect when used in your leg slot(slow Fall)
Only a pity its a hardmode items, since then any wings are usually better :S(but i do love the look!)
I also love the Basilisk Mount, but u might want to try something else with it, since the unicorn mount is easyer to get and better then it functionality wise.
Maybe add some kind of sand swimming ability to make the Basilisk mount more different?

I found the Djinns Curse and loved that item! might also be the first vanity item that also gives u a usefull affect when used in your leg slot(slow Fall)
Only a pity its a hardmode items, since then any wings are usually better :S(but i do love the look!)
I also love the Basilisk Mount, but u might want to try something else with it, since the unicorn mount is easyer to get and better then it functionality wise.
Maybe add some kind of sand swimming ability to make the Basilisk mount more different?

For the record, as I recall, Djinn's Curse works with non-flying mounts, and it can be quite an enhancement!

As for Basilisk, we are actually of the opinion that Basilisk mount is pretty powerful, almost too powerful, compared to the Unicorn. It does more damage, has better handling and acceleration, and is capable of hitting enemies in a shorter amount of charge up. Its not likely to be given any increased functionality.

I believe tying everything that dropped to the new miniboss was a mistake. It just smacks of the same as recent new updates, just plopping down a new attraction for old players to go and gobble up. No new drops from Tomb Crawlers, Sand Slimes, Vultures, Dune Splicers, Sand Poachers, Antlions, or Swarmers, no new uses for their previous drops. No drops from Sand Sharks or variants other than banners, or Angry Tumblers. Though the inside joke about Tumblers being Angry is almost worth it.

That said, at least there's something in the Desert now besides the entrance to the Anthill, and scattered Vultures/Cacti.

Back
Top Bottom