PC 1.3.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guessing with the new track that eventually a Volume 4 of the Terraria OST might be released some time down the road. At least, once there is enough songs added to merit such a thing. Although, not sure what you guys will be doing about that if Sandstorm remains the only new song to be released along with an update. Assuming something might be thought up in that case.

with the new update, my friends and i have been having repeated issues (in multiplayer) where we cannot craft anything and items sometimes get stuck in our inventory. the only way to fix this is to restart the game which can be tedious. on one occasion, a friend threw a guide voodoo doll into the underworld lava and the wall didnt spawn (a death message for the guide still popped up). does anyone have a fix for this (other than restarting the game)?

This update seems... absurdly unstable. We've observed lots of multiplayer bugs (i.e. not being able to craft or use chests without relogging), black screens, freezes, and CTD's.

This is the error message I got after one CTD if it helps:
2YYo6LN.png

Also I got this really bizarre error message popup in-game after using a Cell Phone to warp to the world spawn point:
1B3D90F94B92A591529197E54084A5AFC06AD474

*I had to relog after I got this - could not perform any action even if the server did not appear to have kicked me.

And these bugs aren't all server related - my game froze once in singleplayer as well. I don't believe any one action is causing these issues, either. I cannot draw any correlation from what I was doing at the times of the errors I mean.

*I should probably also mention that the bugs we observed while playing multiplayer were while playing on a dedicated server, not "play and host" via Steam (and also we were connected via Direct IP).

The only bugs I've encountered on multiplayer (via Terrariaserver.exe IP) were freezing/crashes and inability to reconnect without restarting the entire server. At one point, one person on the server mentioned their inventory being locked up and losing their cursor. This may correlate with Ulithium_Dragon's experiences.

This patch needs stability. Now.

1.3 is coming to consoles next year. There's no way PC could reach 1.5 by then, especially since 1.4 might not even happen, but rather, smaller updates, like 1.3.1, 1.3.2, and 1.3.3. Also, even if Re-Logic actually doesn't care about console edition, it would make sense that they don't; they don't develop it. Literally nobody from Re-Logic develops console edition, as far as I know. PC updates aren't much faster than console updates, either. The PC version started receiving updates first, is all. Also, PC now has controller support, in case you just play console for the controller (even though, IMHO, Terraria has far too many important buttons to be confined to a controller). If you play for local multi-player, that's a different story. Finally, just to reiterate, please don't complain to the PC team. Sorry if any of that seemed mean, I'm just trying to help.
EDIT: I got ninja'd :(
I play on console because how easy it is to play on console. No requirements, no fear that new game could not work on your device, no driver updating, no steam (being free from steam sticky hands is best thing that happened to me because i hate this thing) and definitely no buggy windows poor linux with unreadable interface or gameless mac os with all linux problems.

One thing is, the heat distortion effect should probably be more noticeable in the underworld than in the desert.

Good going, the update looks interesting! I'd love that Naga bottom half.

@Cenx Ha. I'm gonna assume it's a complete coincidence that I suggested Megadusa, whom is best defeated with a handheld mirror, and the fact that there's a "Pocket Mirror" item in the changelog.

..I really wanna believe, though xD

I also dunno whether the spoiler for naga bottom came first, or the equivalent implementation in the Megadusa thread came first, but here's for more faith!

Lssb93i.png

It seems to me , or since recent patch world generator works kinda unstable? Surface level on newly created maps looks like a total mess.

I wanna test this a little more, and if this true - i definetely post some screenshots here.

Love the sandstorms. Just made a new world with my friend yesterday. I am surprised we haven't gotten a mandible blade yet, since it's drop chance isn't that unlikely.

I would like to ask though, why did you pass up this opportunity to make Antlion Mandibles more useful in crafting? Right now they are only used for two things. Wouldn't it be fitting for a mandible blade to be crafted with, say, sturdy fossils and antlion mandibles?

This is just my own personal thought process. I just wish antlion mandibles were used for more crafting. Maybe to make some unique arrows or javelins or something, just something to use them on other than the sandgun and mining potions.

Anyways, I have only looked at the changelog listed on the steam news page, and I have looked at the mandible blade online. The rest of this update is blind to me, so I am excited to play it a bunch! Thanks again for keeping this game alive and interesting! Been playing since the first steam release! ;D

Now, I love a good update and all, but this makes the desert so much more DIFFICULT! I mean, if there happens to be a sandstorm when I first go there, it'd be impassible. and what about the world where I built a house there?

I have to be honest here, I hate this update. I really dislike it a lot. It's supposed to make the desert cooler, but it just makes it harder for me. It doesn't matter if it has better stuff if you make it more difficult.

It seems to me , or since recent patch world generator works kinda unstable? Surface level on newly created maps looks like a total mess.

I wanna test this a little more, and if this true - i definetely post some screenshots here.
From my current experience so far it is certainly possible. I have had World gen cause the game to crash while making a new world which never happened before, but my second try was successful nothing too weird compared to normal. Is anything acting abnormal on the world gen screen?

Now, I love a good update and all, but this makes the desert so much more DIFFICULT! I mean, if there happens to be a sandstorm when I first go there, it'd be impassible. and what about the world where I built a house there?

I have to be honest here, I hate this update. I really dislike it a lot. It's supposed to make the desert cooler, but it just makes it harder for me. It doesn't matter if it has better stuff if you make it more difficult.
Well the desert always was supposed to come with more difficulty that is why cactus tools are so good. As for trying to live in a tougher biome that has always come with extra risk why should the desert be different? The only reason it was easy to abuse before was the desert was so under developed that you could easily pass through.

If you explore underground for a bit you should be able to overcome the difficulty or you can try and persevere which makes it far more rewarding when you do succeed.

From my current experience so far it is certainly possible. I have had World gen cause the game to crash while making a new world which never happened before, but my second try was successful nothing too weird compared to normal. Is anything acting abnormal on the world gen screen?

Well the desert always was supposed to come with more difficulty that is why cactus tools are so good. As for trying to live in a tougher biome that has always come with extra risk why should the desert be different? The only reason it was easy to abuse before was the desert was so under developed that you could easily pass through.

If you explore underground for a bit you should be able to overcome the difficulty or you can try and persevere which makes it far more rewarding when you do succeed.
As far as I'm concerned the desert has now FAR exceeded the corruption and jungle. All I need is a spear and the corruption is completely doable. This, I can't last very long at all. The storms were so common and the monsters that spawn in it are at least demon level difficulty. The storm is only made MORE annoying by impeding movement severely. If the wind is blowing at me it could take a whole day to get through, if I didn't die first.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom