PC 1.3.3 Changelog

Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the get something from the mobile/console sales.
Or they just get enough from when I keep buying the game for random friends, just to make them play with me. I don't understand why I keep finding someone who has yet to try Terraria :)

Got another hotfix ready for you guys, with a few tweaks and menu features. Take a look at the list below!

Version 1.3.3.2

Changes
  • Gamepad keybindings menu now has a slider that lets you adjust inventory navigation speed
  • Gamepad Menu/Inventory Menu Speed is also faster by default, and you can tap faster to go faster
  • Miner's Wobble, the new visual effect when mining blocks, now has an options toggle
  • Sandstorm spawns are somewhat less dangerous pre-EoC, with a slightly different spawn set
  • Mandible Blade has received a buff to knockback

Bug Fix:
  • Patches of sand significantly below ground no longer give off desert heat haze

Be sure you update your dedicated server file as usual:
http://terraria.org/server/terraria-server-1332.zip
Well then, now I can actually play, thanks! Wait, the spawns you changed were the tumblers right? Please tell me it was the tumblers.

Well then, now I can actually play, thanks! Wait, the spawns you changed were the tumblers right? Please tell me it was the tumblers.
Honestly, I don't find the tumblers being an issue. They are quite easy to deal with from high ground.

So far my only issue(s) are with the Lamia vanity

Issue 1:
This is supposed to be the standard Lamia

Yet the vanity is for the Corrupt Version

Any chance of a "blonde" / regular version of the vanity?

==============================

Issue 2:
I don't think the Lamia wraps need to actually "add" clothing for the female sprite... do they?
I mean it's not like breasts are actually articulated through pixels in this game. So I think you can get away with treating the player sprite with the vanity equipped like the Lamia itself. Or... no?

==============================

Issue 3:
There seems to be some discrepancy between the Lamia and the Vanity (I'm assuming due to player size). But it really shows in the above images around the shoulders where the "hair" is supposed to connect. Any chance a few pixels can be tweaked so that the "hair" appears to flow into the chest area? Or is it impossible due to the nature of the animated player frames?
2) Only thing is that Lamia (and Lost Girl/Nymph) monster hide (part of) breasts by hairstyle. You player are different from monsters, monsters or not human being are something different.
I image it will be a lot used in servers, or somebody who created female character will be told by someone to wear it even you will don't want to do it. ("Hey! Look at my boobies!" "It makes me so ..." )
+ How do you want to make sprite of this item when for female will be removed Wraps and too will be needed name?

Last edited:
"We will now dive into our next update and get to work on some top secret cross-over action."
I see what you did there :kappa:

i'm sorry, but where is 1.3.3.2? it still shows 3.1
If you are on Steam, your upgrade might be 'scheduled' - look on your Downloads page, you should be able dl it right away.

If you are on GOG - they are sometimes delayed in getting updates pushed out, we have to rely on them to 'push the button'. They don't seem to have done so yet. I will keep an eye on that.

Honestly, I don't find the tumblers being an issue. They are quite easy to deal with from high ground.

I think you nailed it on the head @Techdude594. When I went back and reviewed early Expert Sandstorm, my reaction to the Tumblers was to get to high ground. And then high ground got destroyed by Antlion Swarmers, as I was unable to combat the numerous ground based enemies AND fliers at the same time effectively, with limited mobility.

As a result, the featured unit of Sandstorms (Tumblers) was left in place, while it was the Antlion Swarmers who took a back-seat until post EoC. :)

I think you nailed it on the head @Techdude594. When I went back and reviewed early Expert Sandstorm, my reaction to the Tumblers was to get to high ground. And then high ground got destroyed by Antlion Swarmers, as I was unable to combat the numerous ground based enemies AND fliers at the same time effectively, with limited mobility.

As a result, the featured unit of Sandstorms (Tumblers) was left in place, while it was the Antlion Swarmers who took a back-seat until post EoC. :)
Ah, that's quite an interesting change, but its very much appreciated! The antlion swarmers are very difficult to deal with early game, but they have low knockback resistance, so a spear should counter them quite easily. Nonetheless, this is a very appreciated change! Thanks for the update, look forward to more in the future! Also, thanks for tagging me :)
EDIT: I have a quick question for you as well, with the new bug fix, on what altitude levels does the heat distortion effect take place, and how large do the sand patches have to be? I know that Hell and surface deserts have the effect, but how far underground does one have to be to remove the distortion effects? I'll test this on my own, but clarification would be VERY much appreciated! Excited for future updates, you guys are awesome!

Only think that lamia Wraps thing isn't about imagination to be honest. And I know pixel games like Terraria and starbound, ... have limitation how you can make sprites.
(old)
20150708090445%21Female_Jungle_Armor.png
(new)
Female_Jungle_Armor.png

Old sprite (not the oldest) of female jungle armor seem to and does look like don't wear any undies, ... And I don't think it is only my imagination, somebody else will find it sexual and offensive. I think it is better and important to avoid these things and fix it or how I could say it.

If anyone is offended by it they can just not play the game. Also, who the hell actually WEARS that crappy armor? Even for cosmetic? Nobody I know.

What an absolutely silly thing to suggest.

If anyone is offended by it they can just not play the game. Also, who the hell actually WEARS that crappy armor? Even for cosmetic? Nobody I know.

I don't think its a bad armor at all! It's got high crit chance, mana regen, and additional mana! It's not focused on damage, but the other elements make it a fine early game mage armor.

It's actually not that bad of armor if you're going mage early game. >_>

I don't know if this is an actual problem, but is the Sandstorm Event's Music going to be in Soundtrack 3 of the Terraria Official Soundtrack? I just really love music :p

I'm kind of hoping that blizzards will become their own event, separate from rain. To be honest, I'm just saying that because I really hope we get more music in this game.

I like how the Sand Elemental is the opposite of the Frost Elemental.
Sand Elemental hovers above the ground while summoning sandstorms and the Frost Elemental walks slowly and shoots fast lasers. They both spawn during a storm in their biome and drop an item needed to build unique armor. The Frost Armor buffs melee and ranged damage while the... Forbidden armor(was that its name?) Boosts magic and summoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom