Console Shark statue found

r4v1n6

Terrarian
I decided to raid another jungle temple for traps, so I generated a new world with the latest update. On my way to the temple I found this:
20160904_201606.jpg 20160904_201640.jpg
Behold the elusive Shark statue! :eek: Has anyone else found one yet, or am I first?

It was rare only because of a bug with world gen. On PC 1.2.4.1 it wasn't uncommon (now it's harder to find in 1.3).
I didn't know they fixed this bug. Makes me really want to read the full changelog...

I thought that shark statue was only in pc like other unique statues
I probably have come acrossed one before but I never pick up statues anyway, except useful ones

The Shark statue were added in the 1.06 update, but due to a bug with world generation it was unobtainable by any legal means. That bug has now been fixed. Perhaps fixed too good as I have found quite a few statues (12 in 4 newly generated worlds). On PC 1.2.4.1 the Shark statue weren't uncommon either, but not THAT common.
As for their usefulness, I plan to use a Shark statue instead of a Crab statue to make an Invulnerability Machine in my Horseman's blade Arena. It might work better.

Flame Traps seems to have become uncommon though, I have found 5 traps in 4 worlds.

Sometimes when fixing one thing, something else breaks. The codebase for console Terraria must be a sorry mess.
Two steps forward one step back seems to be the order of the day.

I keep finding these too and found them mostly useless and trashed them. so far I found 2, one in snow, one in jungle on a mostly pristine map. so yea they seem to spawn a lot.

I keep finding these too and found them mostly useless and trashed them. so far I found 2, one in snow, one in jungle on a mostly pristine map. so yea they seem to spawn a lot.
Shark Statues are not actually useless if used right - they can rack up quite a few Shark Fins, and the occasional Diving Helmet, as well as being a great candidate for a Horseman's Blade pumpkin spawner.

Shark Statues are not actually useless if used right - they can rack up quite a few Shark Fins, and the occasional Diving Helmet, as well as being a great candidate for a Horseman's Blade pumpkin spawner.
See I went and threw them away and needed that diving helmet.

No I am not lying, I swear on my Xbox, but I have found THREE shark statues in my ranger world! I currently don't have a picture but I will get one.

Back
Top Bottom