tModLoader Crystilium mod.

Are you excited for this mod?

• Yes, it looks very promising

Votes: 604 84.8%
  • It looks okay

Votes: 82 11.5%
  • Ehhh

Votes: 9 1.3%
  • It sucks. You should feel bad for making such a terrible mod.

Votes: 17 2.4%

• Total voters
One thing I don't like about what this adds in, is the crystal biome covering the entire level before the underworld level.
And with the increased spawn rate makes it nearly impossible to reach the underworld, gather lava, and gather obsidian.
I've died countless times in the crystal layer that I had to remove the mod from my list so I can gather obsidian.

One thing I don't like about what this adds in, is the crystal biome covering the entire level before the underworld level.
And with the increased spawn rate makes it nearly impossible to reach the underworld, gather lava, and gather obsidian.
I've died countless times in the crystal layer that I had to remove the mod from my list so I can gather obsidian.
Agreed. The crystal biome spawns ***far*** too often, covering so much of the map that it's now nearly impossible to avoid.

I'd vastly prefer seeing the spots it spawns in to be halved (or something near halved), in order to make seeing this biome closer to a unique and rare occurrence (while still easy enough to find), rather than a constant and mundane one -- to the point of being an annoyance.

Agreed. The crystal biome spawns ***far*** too often, covering so much of the map that it's now nearly impossible to avoid.

I'd vastly prefer seeing the spots it spawns in to be halved (or something near halved), in order to make seeing this biome closer to a unique and rare occurrence (while still easy enough to find), rather than a constant and mundane one -- to the point of being an annoyance.
Okay. It will be halved in the next update.
[doublepost=1474742963,1474742918][/doublepost]
Okay. It will be halved in the next update.
Turns out the patch I pushed to make it spawn less got undone for some reason.
Expect a patch quite soon (today or tomarrow)

I can confirm that the spawns were one of the reasons why lag would happen, in the lagless version you sent me, at 3x spawns my average spawn total was 95-105, whereas the jungle or dungeon was about 45-50.

In the image the radar shows 100 enemies nearby at 3x spawns, far more then anywhere else I have been.

20160925012747_1.jpg

Without the projectiles, my computer could easilly handle this amount of spawnage but with the projectiles theres no way even an extremely beefy computer could handle that. >_<

Without the 3x spawn however, that is still on average 30-35 spawns, which is higher then even that of the Dungeon or Jungle, which average 15-20 spawns.

I think the projectiles would be a little bit more tolerable on a jungle/dungeon spawn range, but even then most those spawns could easilly be geode mutants or crystal zombies, if the spawns wind up being mostly those, it can cause some serious lag if the computer isnt super beefy, even at vanilla 1x spawn rate, 15-20 geode mutants or crystal zombies all firing projectiles could cause lag on some computers.

I've been thinking of some alternatives to projectile spam to keep geode mutants/crystal zombies a tough foe without causing rediculous lag.

Well one problem I failed to mention I was running into was the high spawn rate of the crystal biome level.
I found it to be within a x5 maybe a x10 range, so I couldn't reach the underworld level, get lava, or obtain obsidian.

So I just downloaded this, what do I have to do to find this stuff? Just dig around? I've determined there's nothing on the surface.

I'm loving your mod so far Graydee!!

I have encountered a problem with crystal chests, I have the crystal key, I use it the chest, an unlock animation + sound goes by and then the crystal chest does nothing... and I wonder what loot could they be harboring :c... any ideas why could this happen?

I play with around 15 mods at the same time too, but haven't had any issues except for that one (and candelabras being duped, for example I took the golden candelabra from a pirate invasion and every time I wanted to place it, it got dettached and spawned an additional bone candelabra out of thin air and could never place it, cuz every time I did, it dettached spawning another bone candelabra...).

I thought it would be that the chest was having an item number order issue but I mine the chest and picked it up, and had no problem placing it back (unlike the golden candelabra) but the chest was empty of course.

Any idea why the chests don't work? I'm trying to get crystilium bars and thought they'd be in chests :c...

Here are the mods I'm using with yours:

Thorium Mod v1.2.9.17
Tremor Mod Remastered v1.2.1.5
Prefixes For Enemies v1.1.2
MaxStackPlus v2.4
Cosmetic Variety & Legends v1.6.1
Boss Health Bars v1.4
Rockos ARPG v0.93
ZoaklenMod v0.6.3.8
imkSushi Mod v2.6.1
Ersion v0.4.2.4
The Lugagge v0.1.0.3

I'd totally disable any mod beyond the ARPG mod in order to make the crystal chests work again C:

Back
Top Bottom