NPCs & Enemies Complete Flying Dutchman Overhaul - Ghosts, loot, a proper battle, and more!

The Captain sends his regards.
ezgif.com-video-to-gif (54).gif

The Captain sends his regards.
View attachment 141501
Okay so on closer inspection of this I found that you have evidently made this a machineshotguncannon, not just a machineguncannon.

I would like to inform you that when I mentioned "bullet spread" I was not in fact to referring to a spread of multiple bullets per shot, but rather the typical spread of bullets that make weapons such as the Megashark and Chain Gun less accurate when used over a distance. There was a rather humerous bit of miscomunication on my part.

Okay but holy hell that looks really powerful and fun to use... that must be broken as all hell if it uses the damage and fire rate I specified in the main post!! XD

Okay so on closer inspection of this I found that you have evidently made this a machineshotguncannon, not just a machineguncannon.

I would like to inform you that when I mentioned "bullet spread" I was not in fact to referring to a spread of multiple bullets per shot, but rather the typical spread of bullets that make weapons such as the Megashark and Chain Gun less accurate when used over a distance. There was a rather humerous bit of miscomunication on my part.

Okay but holy hell that looks really powerful and fun to use... that must be broken as all hell if it uses the damage and fire rate I specified in the main post!! XD
Ahhh, I see. My bad on that one, it can easily be remedied.
However, it's not as OP as you think it might be. I too thought you were crazy when you described a supposed 'shotgun' with 7 Use Time, but we rolled with it anyway. What we did was make the bullets dissappear in a second or so, allowing for close firing, and the cannonball was occasionally shot out to hit enemies from afar :).

Last edited:
AMAZING idea;):D!!!
But wouldn't it be a little hard when you already have parrots, CrossBolters and pirate captains shooting at you with also ghost versions too?
Try making the Dutchman spawn after all three mechs are beat or post Plantera, or make the the non ghost pirates spawn rate go down

!!!READ ME!!!
This suggestion focuses not only on making the Flying Dutchman only a more formidable boss, but also making it a post-Plantera addition to the Pirate Invasion that offers new, unique loot and a reason to return to the invasion later in the game.

AMAZING idea;):D!!!
But wouldn't it be a little hard when you already have parrots, CrossBolters and pirate captains shooting at you with also ghost versions too?
Try making the Dutchman spawn after all three mechs are beat or post Plantera, or make the the non ghost pirates spawn rate go down

Now I know where those Thorium/ Spirit sprites came from! Nice work and great suggestion

Back
Top Bottom