Standalone [1.3] tModLoader - A Modding API

When I use the TModLoader version of Terraria, create a character or world, then switch back to the normal version of Terraria, my world/s or character/s is gone. How do I have the same characters or worlds on both versions?

When I use the TModLoader version of Terraria, create a character or world, then switch back to the normal version of Terraria, my world/s or character/s is gone. How do I have the same characters or worlds on both versions?
From my knowledge, you can't. You wouldn't want the data corrupting because you loaded it in vanilla(or atleast, i assume that would happen), would you?

From my knowledge, you can't. You wouldn't want the data corrupting because you loaded it in vanilla(or atleast, i assume that would happen), would you?
I just want to get a world I made in TModLoader, take it out, then put it in the normal Terraria. When I go look at the world files folder for TModLoader, they are .twld files. If I could convert those to .wld files then I could put them in my regular Terraria worlds folder. Are there any ways I could make a .twld into a .wld? Or would that not work?

I just want to get a world I made in TModLoader, take it out, then put it in the normal Terraria. When I go look at the world files folder for TModLoader, they are .twld files. If I could convert those to .wld files then I could put them in my regular Terraria worlds folder. Are there any ways I could make a .twld into a .wld? Or would that not work?
I don't think that will work. I'm not a developer of tmodloader, but i'm fairly certain it won't work.

Actually, it's really easy. tModLoader's .wld files are basically vanilla files, and the .twld file is a sidecar file that contains the modded data. You can copy the .wld file from tModLoader to the vanilla version. However, you might get corruption if you make changes in vanilla then copy back to tModLoader, (because the .twld file may conflict with changes made by the vanilla version,) so backup your worlds before overwriting.

How do I make it so that I can make an accessory that will make you immune to Cursed Inferno?
I can't find anything useful.

Code:

using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;
using Terraria.ModLoader;

namespace TerrariaMod.Items
{
public class CursedFlame : ModItem
{
public override void SetDefaults()
{
item.name = "Cursed Flame";
item.width = 32;
item.height = 32;
item.toolTip = "Immunity to Cursed Inferno";
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 6;
item.accessory = true;
}

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.immune =
}
}
}

Verify that you have the right TML version with the right GOG Terraria version. Version mismatch is the most common cause of such issues. Make sure you are using the latest GOG version of Terraria which is 1.3.3.2 with the latest TML GOG patch which is 0.8.3.4. If you can't resolve the issue, then please send me a PM and I'll do my best to get you up and running. :)
thats okay, i got it now.. just had wrong terraria version :) thanks :)
[doublepost=1475397039,1475396920][/doublepost]
Verify that you have the right TML version with the right GOG Terraria version. Version mismatch is the most common cause of such issues. Make sure you are using the latest GOG version of Terraria which is 1.3.3.2 with the latest TML GOG patch which is 0.8.3.4. If you can't resolve the issue, then please send me a PM and I'll do my best to get you up and running. :)
thats okay, i got it now.. just had wrong terraria version :) thanks :)

Actually, it's really easy. tModLoader's .wld files are basically vanilla files, and the .twld file is a sidecar file that contains the modded data. You can copy the .wld file from tModLoader to the vanilla version. However, you might get corruption if you make changes in vanilla then copy back to tModLoader, (because the .twld file may conflict with changes made by the vanilla version,) so backup your worlds before overwriting.
The world I want to use on vanilla Terraria only has 3 files for some reason (.twld, .twld.bak, and wld.bak). The .wld file is missing. All my other worlds made in TModLoader have .wld files.

How do I make it so that I can make an accessory that will make you immune to Cursed Inferno?
I can't find anything useful.

Code:

using System.Collections.Generic;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace TerrariaMod.Items
{
public class CursedFlame : ModItem
{
{
item.name = "Cursed Flame";
item.width = 32;
item.height = 32;
item.toolTip = "Immunity to Cursed Inferno";
item.value = 1000000;
item.rare = 6;
item.accessory = true;
}

public override void UpdateAccessory(Player player, bool hideVisual)
{
player.immune =
}
}
}
Put player.buffImmune[BuffID.CursedInferno] = true; in your UpdateAccessory method.

The world I want to use on vanilla Terraria only has 3 files for some reason (.twld, .twld.bak, and wld.bak). The .wld file is missing. All my other worlds made in TModLoader have .wld files.

Just use tEdit, edit the modded world and save it in your normal worlds folder. This way the map reverts back to vanilla.

I have a problem with my Tmod loader, it works as if it was a compleatly separate Terraria and when i installed the latest version, it compleatly bugged out with a error code over, and over, and over, again, dose anyone know how to help???

I'm having a problem where sometimes not all the mods I have are showing on my mods list. I need to refresh it and that occasionally makes my game say:
"Terraria is not responding"

When I compile I get the error "error CS0117: 'Terraria.ModLoader.ModNPC' does not contain a definition for 'Center'"

So, bit of weirdness. Recently updated a few mods on the Mod Browser, and now when I reloaded the mod list, I now have a crash when it reaches the end of the Loading state... Anyone else suffering that error?

So, bit of weirdness. Recently updated a few mods on the Mod Browser, and now when I reloaded the mod list, I now have a crash when it reaches the end of the Loading state... Anyone else suffering that error?

Yeah, it seems a lot of people are. The problem (for me) came from Nightmares Unleashed. I moved that mod out of my folder and, sure enough, everything works fine now. I'm sure Psychotic will find a solution soon.
If that isn't what is causing it for you, then I don't know...

Yeah, it seems a lot of people are. The problem (for me) came from Nightmares Unleashed. I moved that mod out of my folder and, sure enough, everything works fine now. I'm sure Psychotic will find a solution soon.
If that isn't what is causing it for you, then I don't know...
Ah, got that in my folder, so that's probably the reason!

Relatedly, anyone know of a mod that tries to stuff everything into the ammo slot first, even when there's stacks in the inventory already? Because if so, that's annoying as all hell and I want to figure out the pros and cons of removing that one too >_>

When I consume the item you're supposed to get an item all of the time. But for somereason when I open up the item I get nothing.
this is the items code:
Code:
using System;
using Terraria;
using Terraria.ID;

namespace EpicnessModRemastered.Items
{
    public class SuperMagicalChest : ModItem
    {
        {
            item.name = "Super Magical Chest";
            item.maxStack = 1;
            item.consumable = true;
            item.width = 24;
            item.height = 24;
            item.useTime = 10;
            item.useAnimation = 10;
            item.useStyle = 4;
            item.toolTip = "Left click to open";
            item.rare = 10;
            item.useSound = mod.GetSoundSlot(SoundType.Item, "Sounds/Item/Legendaryget");
        }
        public override bool UseItem(Player player)
        {
            if (Main.rand.Next(2) == 0)
            {
            player.QuickSpawnItem(mod.ItemType("SparkyCard"));
            }
            else if (Main.rand.Next(2) == 1)
            {
            player.QuickSpawnItem(mod.ItemType("LumberJacksAxe"));
            }
            else if (Main.rand.Next(2) == 2)
            {
            player.QuickSpawnItem(mod.ItemType("PrincessesBow"));