tModLoader Class Based RPG Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, ive been playing with this on the latest patch (1.3.3.2) and ive encounterd an extremely annoying bug. When i use the Angel Classes ability, instead of healing and damaging it freezes me in place for the duration, and i am unable to do anything except open the inventory(can't even go to option meny), it removes all of my minions, and i can still take damage. Ive tested this with other class abilities and they work fine, and with no mods used except the class mod, and im still having the issue. Love the mod btw

Hey, ive been playing with this on the latest patch (1.3.3.2) and ive encounterd an extremely annoying bug. When i use the Angel Classes ability, instead of healing and damaging it freezes me in place for the duration, and i am unable to do anything except open the inventory(can't even go to option meny), it removes all of my minions, and i can still take damage. Ive tested this with other class abilities and they work fine, and with no mods used except the class mod, and im still having the issue. Love the mod btw

Oh I have the same thing. I thought this was supposed to happen but I guess not. It also makes your vanity head slot disappear during the animation but it comes back after.

Also: Is there a chance of letting angels get more choice with wing appearance or if not then is there a way to still disallow angels equipping wings as accessories but allowing them in vanity slots? Like I can inventory edit them into place but it'd be kind of nice if it was a normal functionality. The big boon of having it in a vanity slot is that dyes can be applied.

If angel wings are like the Merfolk & werewolf, having angel wings in nornal accesory slots and making them invisible should allow you to add a different wing type as vanity.

If angel wings are like the Merfolk & werewolf, having angel wings in nornal accesory slots and making them invisible should allow you to add a different wing type as vanity.
The given wings don't fill an accessory slot so you cant really turn them invis. They exist without being in any slot anywhere

Let me explain bettee here.

If you pick merfolk or werewolf, the effects of those accespries activates even if you dont have the accesories. Thus you cannot turn it invisible.

However, if you equip the related accesory (neptunes shell) into the normal accesory slot and turn it invisible, while you do get the bonus of the class in water you do NOT transform visually. Dying the accesory also works per normal so long as the related accesory is ALSO equipped.

Let me explain bettee here.

If you pick merfolk or werewolf, the effects of those accespries activates even if you dont have the accesories. Thus you cannot turn it invisible.

However, if you equip the related accesory (neptunes shell) into the normal accesory slot and turn it invisible, while you do get the bonus of the class in water you do NOT transform visually. Dying the accesory also works per normal so long as the related accesory is ALSO equipped.

Yes but we cant equip wings without cheating them in the exactly spot. It is literally blocked hence my request to let us equip them in accessory vanity slots (it wont allow moving them into acc or acc vanity slots right now)
I understood you perfectly and that isn't a working solution

Oddly enough, the ability does work in multiplayer, but the ability only heals yourself. I can confirm that this happens to me as well in singleplayer, however.

As such, if you want to play as Angel in singleplayer, just host a private multiplayer game with a password, and it will work. :)

Last edited:
Oddly enough, the ability does work in multiplayer, but the ability only heals yourself. I can confirm that this happens to me as well in singleplayer, however.

As such, if you want to play as Angel in singleplayer, just host a private multiplayer game with a password, and it will work. :)
ah thanks, thats an intresting bug. usually something works fine in single player but breaks in multi

I don't think I saw this mentioned in any of the pages, so here goes: In Multiplayer, classes that have natural wings just teleport around the screen constantly whenever they're in flight. I did check if it was something silly like forcing wings into the vanity slot to fix, didn't test real slot because I figured that went against most of the purpose to play a winged class, and would just... give you whatever wing you put in the slot, basically.

Hey! I'm really loving this mod. Some things I want to see added are more summoner specific classes not really sure what/how though. Also, whenever the voidwalker teleports it kills off most summons so could you please fix that? Thanks! Great mod!

Quick update here. I've been much busier than anticipated this semester, and don't really expect to make any real updates to this or any of my other mods this year. I've not abandoned Terraria modding, but don't hold your breath waiting on bug fixes and new content. I'll try to find time to bring everything up to the latest iteration of tModLoader, but I won't be making any big changes.

I know you're not really modding at the moment but I really would ask for a small change. In multiplayer we are having issues knowing if we got the kill for a boss or not, there are 4 of us on my server. Anyways, some kind of leveling indicator would be useful.

Edit: I'm really bad at explaining things, after reading this post I decided I should elaborate. Yes it says LEVEL UP in big letters, but sometimes that doesn't show, its buggy. What I meant was some kind of indicator of how many bosses you have killed or a current level so to say.

Last edited:
Well, there could be records of that, but the issue with that is the bosses killed is recorded on the map itself. Can find that info out with a map editor like tedit.

I know you're not really modding at the moment but I really would ask for a small change. In multiplayer we are having issues knowing if we got the kill for a boss or not, there are 4 of us on my server. Anyways, some kind of leveling indicator would be useful.

Edit: I'm really bad at explaining things, after reading this post I decided I should elaborate. Yes it says LEVEL UP in big letters, but sometimes that doesn't show, its buggy. What I meant was some kind of indicator of how many bosses you have killed or a current level so to say.
Use the Character Info Sheet.

I would like to see some form of a Herbalist, It's special could be: 20% chance of picking more seeds/flowers. Potions you craft are 50% more effective. This could be strong if you play with more people, since you could work as a support :). However i'm not sure what the active could be.

Most recently I installed this mod and created a new world with an old character. When the world started I was not given a "Blank Contract" with which to choose a class... Do I need to create a new character for this to work?

p.s. EXPLORER IS SO AWESOME!!!!!

Most recently I installed this mod and created a new world with an old character. When the world started I was not given a "Blank Contract" with which to choose a class... Do I need to create a new character for this to work?

p.s. EXPLORER IS SO AWESOME!!!!!
The way it works is with the mod enabled it gives your character a starting item, the blank contract.
Alternatively, get "Cheat Sheet", and just cheat in the blank contract.
I'd say new character, though. If new world, new character works funnest.

So, about the Cavalry class.
The class buffs almost all the other damage types except the Summoning damage, the very thing that increades the damage of mounts

Can't wait to read about all those classes and finally test it out!

I love this mod, I chose the Explorer class
Is it possible to hide the constant effect of the Merfolk Class? It's kind of annoying to not be able to see your armor or vanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom