Weapons & Equip Luminite Clentamintor

Is this a good idea?

• Yeah!

Votes: 30 96.8%
  • No, and I can tell you why.

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters
True, but those are usually pretty far away.
Just going to point out that the distinction doesn't really exist; the only thing distance effects is whether or not it's rendered, and you're going to have problems with particles slowing things down in the renderer before you have problems with tile changes slowing down the renderer.

The primary load a high-power Clentaminator would generate is mainly in the resulting particles and lighting, which, yeah, might slow down a lower-end system. I can attest to lots of blocks being changed at once generating some lag, but that is only likely to happen with, as was discussed, the transition into hardmode, and even then, if you have a half-decent processor, that won't happen. After all, slowdown from lots of tiles changing at once is purely processor-based. Since this Clentaminator is on a far smaller scale, that shouldn't be a problem; again, you'll more so have to worry about particles and lighting calculations, which CAN pose a problem.

That said, technical stuff out of the way, I really like this idea. Honestly, once you beat the game, it only makes sense to be able to have far-reaching control over basically everything in your world, and this is a good starting point.

This might be overkill, but considering the power of the mining mount a better clemtaminator is probably justified

Just going to point out that the distinction doesn't really exist; the only thing distance effects is whether or not it's rendered, and you're going to have problems with particles slowing things down in the renderer before you have problems with tile changes slowing down the renderer.

The primary load a high-power Clentaminator would generate is mainly in the resulting particles and lighting, which, yeah, might slow down a lower-end system. I can attest to lots of blocks being changed at once generating some lag, but that is only likely to happen with, as was discussed, the transition into hardmode, and even then, if you have a half-decent processor, that won't happen. After all, slowdown from lots of tiles changing at once is purely processor-based. Since this Clentaminator is on a far smaller scale, that shouldn't be a problem; again, you'll more so have to worry about particles and lighting calculations, which CAN pose a problem.

That said, technical stuff out of the way, I really like this idea. Honestly, once you beat the game, it only makes sense to be able to have far-reaching control over basically everything in your world, and this is a good starting point.

By setting the quality to low and lighting to retro in the video settings anyone should be able to use such a tool without any major problems?

Back
Top Bottom