Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

I had the same problem and I accidentally hit took a screenshot of it, but then deleted it because I didn't think I needed it. I can tell you that it was stuck on settling liquids and that mine was a crimson world.

Also is there a quest after you burn the bodies on the battlefield? Or is that the end right now?
When your instance world froze, were you running the newest version of STW: 1.12.1a?

Right now that's all for that quest line, but we have plans in the works for it! :)

After installing STW fashion write error "No suitable graphics found. Unable to create the graphics device." what to do please help, I want to play with these modes !!!

Here's bugs/weird things I've noticed. I put them in a spoiler just in case it might spoil something for someone :)

STW Version 1.12.1a

1. This may just be something you guys changed and didn't update the game tips or something but Melee weapons at least through gold have lower knockback than Game Tips says they should. For example all broadswords I can craft say they have Very Weak Knockback but should have Average.

2. The gold ore vein at the bottom of the Central Mines just before the Corruption Castle doesn't regenerate. I mined it many ingame days ago and even did multiple quests and it's still dark.

3. Leaving to instanced worlds seems to not have Map Data be saved first so when you return it reverts the minimap to the last time it saved.

4. I tried going into a Crimson Goblin Portal and it got stuck at settling liquids till I eventually had to just for close the game. I heard someone else post about this too. I just tried and it worked this time so it seems to only sometimes happen.

5. The game crashed twice when trying to respawn without a spawnpoint. I spawn at the little boat to the tutorial island in East Sivania but them it crashes. It happened the second time after accidentally going into the pyramid then leaving since that sets a spawn there till you leave.

6. After unlocking the Minecart Junction I took it to the East mines but when I tried going back it wouldn't let me through the door but kept taking my silver making me have to run back through to the mines to get back.

7. Using the elevator at the top of the Central Mines in a minecart puts you in the ground a little. I didn't actually get stuck but doing that somewhere else might.

8. When I tried talking to the Angler for the first time to buy some bait he just instantly threw me into a fishing challenge but I couldn't even do it because I had no bait and hadn't gotten to Ayeswell yet to buy from the merchant.

9. After getting the Magic Leaf I found I could glide to the east in the Great Forest and get multiple stacks of blinkroot and blinkroot seeds for easy money.

10. You can also make super easy money buy quickly getting an upgraded axe like silver or so and going into a Forest Goblin World and getting lots of wood and making thousands of arrows and selling them.

11. I keep getting the "You gained some Chemistry XP" message when I make my first potion since my last logout.

12. Not a bug just a suggestion lol, you guys might want to put a sign next to the secret chests for now since the loot system for it isn't set up yet so people stop think they are getting trolled lol.

STW Version 1.12.1a

I'm loving this mod so far and can't wait to see what you guys have planned next and getting to play multiplayer. Keep up the awesome work. :D

Last edited:
Here's bugs/weird things I've noticed. I put them in a spoiler just in case it might spoil something for someone :)

STW Version 1.12.1a

1. This may just be something you guys changed and didn't update the game tips or something but Melee weapons at least through gold have lower knockback than Game Tips says they should. For example all broadswords I can craft say they have Very Weak Knockback but should have Average.

2. The gold ore vein at the bottom of the Central Mines just before the Corruption Castle doesn't regenerate. I mined it many ingame days ago and even did multiple quests and it's still dark.

3. Leaving to instanced worlds seems to not have Map Data be saved first so when you return it reverts the minimap to the last time it saved.

4. I haven't been able to check yet if this keeps happening but I heard someone else post about it, I tried going into a Crimson Goblin Portal and it got stuck at settling liquids till I eventually had to just for close the game.

5. The game crashed twice when trying to respawn without a spawnpoint. I spawn at the little boat to the tutorial island in East Sivania but them it crashes. It happened the second time after accidentally going into the pyramid then leaving since that sets a spawn there till you leave.

6. After unlocking the Minecart Junction I took it to the East mines but when I tried going back it wouldn't let me through the door but kept taking my silver making me have to run back through to the mines to get back.

7. Using the elevator at the top of the Central Mines in a minecart puts you in the ground a little. I didn't actually get stuck but doing that somewhere else might.

8. When I tried talking to the Angler for the first time to buy some bait he just instantly threw me into a fishing challenge but I couldn't even do it because I had no bait and hadn't gotten to Ayeswell yet to buy from the merchant.

9. After getting the Magic Leaf I found I could glide to the east in the Great Forest and get multiple stacks of blinkroot and blinkroot seeds for easy money.

10. You can also make super easy money buy quickly getting an upgraded axe like silver or so and going into a Forest Goblin World and getting lots of wood and making thousands of arrows and selling them.

11. I keep getting the "You gained some Chemistry XP" message when I make my first potion since my last logout.

12. Not a bug just a suggestion lol, you guys might want to put a sign next to the secret chests for now since the loot system for it isn't set up yet so people stop think they are getting trolled lol.

STW Version 1.12.1a

I'm loving this mod so far and can't wait to see what you guys have planned next and getting to play multiplayer. Keep up the awesome work. :D
Very good list and I appreciate you writing the version of STW. I'll make sure it all gets added to our bug tracker. I'm glad that you're enjoying the mod. :)

great job guys, almost completed the test version and its so cool. But ever think of adding an arena to fight rounds of enemies and get rewards? (and also im stuck with the trader in odins fjord...)

Hey when i got to the room where thge merchant was it wont let me in and out i stuck there what do i do( i cant kill myself because there is no enemies)

I feel like if you had more people to work on this mod it'd skyrocket super quickly uwu
yikes i said that while i was half awake. What i meant was if you guys had a bit of help. like more people to work on this mod with you. you'd be making so much progress and the mod'd be done before the end of next year

Last edited:
Keep getting this error.

z05fKle.png

great job guys, almost completed the test version and its so cool. But ever think of adding an arena to fight rounds of enemies and get rewards? (and also im stuck with the trader in odins fjord...)
We definitely will be adding arenas in the future! :)
To get out of the room with the Frozen Merchant you'll need to attack the ice wall on the left.

yikes i said that while i was half awake. What i meant was if you guys had a bit of help. like more people to work on this mod with you. you'd be making so much progress and the mod'd be done before the end of next year
Adding more people to a project can have benefits, but also drawbacks. It also doesn't guarantee that the project will be completed sooner. We take our time because we want to ensure the quality of the mod. Thank you for being patient as we continue the development. :)

Keep getting this error.

z05fKle.png
Are you running STW 1.12.1a? This was a known error in 1.12a and we attempted a fix in 1.12.1a.
Thanks!

Are you running STW 1.12.1a? This was a known error in 1.12a and we attempted a fix in 1.12.1a.
Thanks!

I am, but maybe the error is because I had been using a previous version of character/world... I started a new character and it seems to be running ok, will let you know if it fixed it at another time.

Thanks!

Update from previous post:

I ran with a new character, I got to the boat where it starts a new load up screen, it crashed.

Rebooted the game and when it gets to 'resetting game objects' it gets to about 60%+ and then it crashes and gives me that error.

Update from previous post:

I ran with a new character, I got to the boat where it starts a new load up screen, it crashed.

Rebooted the game and when it gets to 'resetting game objects' it gets to about 60%+ and then it crashes and gives me that error.
How much RAM do you have? Currently Sivania uses a lot and can crash some computers. We are working on a fix though!

How much RAM do you have? Currently Sivania uses a lot and can crash some computers. We are working on a fix though!

My comp uses less than 4gb with another 4gb free.

Edit: It seems to be a RAM issue, I closed some programs here and there, and it loaded the game fine. MY guess is that it needs like 4.5gb free RAM or something.

Last edited:
Oh yeah! A few content ideas here. And a few questions too!
Do you plan on having all weapons work about the same like this in some sort of tradition? Only weapons that seemed unique were the Silver Ice weapons and they were juuuuuust below the strength of the gold gear i had. I was wondering if you could get some variety on how they work, And then I had a thought about an extra thrower class giving an even 5 classes there to build upon, (sate those ninja fanatics) I'm more of a mage type and I was wondering if you would do anything with how Mana itself built up. Its regen rate's gosh awfully slow, and the amount of mana you get as you level up is so minor..! by the time i finished the entire demo i had only 40 mana as max. which is lower than what you actually start with i think..?, i love being able to charge up with your staves but that also kinda makes wands downright pointless but makes magic the strongest road for raw damage, you'd think melee would be that one because of how blunt their attacks can get, Because swords kinda feel weak, Pistols are exceptionally weak and i also am confused as to will there be anything more than just bows, boomerangs, and pistols? maybe rifles?, but if you make a huge diverse variety for the classes and possibly subclasses, It'd feel more attractive to try more things. Also I noticed that the accesory slots are reduced...! Any reason for that?........While i'm at it i had a thought about what you may try doing if you ever implement grappling hooks. Because grapple hooks cling to every surface, it makes the risk of platforming practically close to none. Why not find a way that they can only connect to very specific blocks and objects? like a grapple pole, a platform placed specifically for grapple hooks. Make it something you gotta pay attention to make use of. Maybe innovate and use that as a way to get back to a central area after completing a level of said area. Maybe right where you got the grapple hook after much hardship.....Like a hookshot from the legend of zelda or a castlevania styled progression! (SADLY i don't mean the classic one, though that's probably one of the funnest) Laaaaastly. I felt the execution of the cloud in a bottle was lacking. Such as when you first got it. you knew what you needed it for. but it was just a teensy bit vague how to get it that way, there also should be an easier way to do it too. like just simply standing directly over it while you have the bottle equipped gives you the charges as a status effect or something. and then when you get up to the area in the sky....instead of wacking a buncha clouds while hiding under a roof as angry nimbus's swarm. why not add an altar to put that gold relic like on a raised platform above the area you transported in. And it spawns a boss that will give you a handy item and it upgrades your bottle into a permanent use cloud in a bottle.
Does that sound right at all? ;;`

Quick question that may have been answered already, or maybe not. I want to use a vanilla character in STW. When I copy the player files into the STW Player folder and launch STW, the character shows up on the selection screen, but without a picture of the character and when I click play, nothing happens. Can I not use vanilla characters in STW, then?

I do have a question from an issue i noticed. I downloaded stw and when i went to play my vanilla terraria it will not play. Is there a way to remove your mod to get back to our regular terraria?

So I decided to try STW, and so far so good.

Install was easy (though instead of following the normal instructions, I used Game Launcher so that I can still play Vanilla Terraria when I want to -- you should include instructions on how to do that for those who don't know), and everything seems to work reasonably (though there's this weird jittery mouse cursor while changing worlds but meh).

I will, however, provide some feedback:

What's up with the total lack of knockback on anything? Seriously. First, you start us out with absolutely nothing but a copper broadsword, then you nerf our innate health regen to zero, then you make ingredients for potions super-hard to get (I see very few mushrooms growing anywhere), and THEN to top all that off... you put super-fast enemies that are almost immune to knockback. Oh, and quests only give you +5 HP here, +5 HP there which... does jack all to help you stay alive.

I slogged through the mines to get Mining Lv20 and made myself a Gold Pickaxe, Silver Armor, Gold Sword, Gold Bow... and now it looks like the game wants to send me to a fortress in the Crimson Desert. I get a quest there to burn some bodies and destroy a ghoul nest...

Haha, yeah right. First two ghouls that appear just absolutely rip me to shreds, becuase...

1). My HP is only 120.
2). Even though I'm wearing Silver Armor (Gold is what, 2 defense better? lawl), I get ripped to shreds in record time.
3). My weapons don't do very much damage to them at all.

What's up with this? This seems a bit unbalanced IMO. Yeah yeah I know everybody worships Expert Mode, but you know what? Not all of us do.

And don't EVEN get me started on some of the stuff in that pyramid... ugggh. Insta-kill traps FTL. Or the scads of darts/spikes with zero health regen and no potions (because there are no freaking mushrooms anywhere beyond the few I first harvested and long since used up by now)... oi.

So, my feedback:

1). Potions need to be easier to get if you're going to nerf health regen to zero.
2). Nerf mobs' KB resistance some; having ghouls crawling on you while you're running backwards is ridiculous.
3). I think the ghouls need a speed and perhaps a health/defense nerf too.
4). Mana regen is way too slow. It makes magic weapons worthless when you need 5 Mage Levelups to get a whopping +5 maximum mana and it takes 60 seconds+ to regen any mana.

1). Potions need to be easier to get if you're going to nerf health regen to zero.
2). Nerf mobs' KB resistance some; having ghouls crawling on you while you're running backwards is ridiculous.
3). I think the ghouls need a speed and perhaps a health/defense nerf too.
4). Mana regen is way too slow. It makes magic weapons worthless when you need 5 Mage Levelups to get a whopping +5 maximum mana and it takes 60 seconds+ to regen any mana.

Just putting my two sense in lol.

1. Mushrooms are fairly abundant if you watch for them. I usually had 20-ish potions at all times. Also, you can use bottled water that the Merchant sells. If you do some fishing you can cook them if you can find one of the rare cooking pots (Some in Ferrousanguis Castle) to get the Well Fed buff too.
2. I think it's more a matter of how low the weapons knockback is. Broadswords have Very Low Knockback and the other weapons are around there.
3. If you work on Chemistry before hand you can get some nice buffs to help plus only 3 can spawn at a time and you can get them stuck in the hole to the left of their nest. Also, you can do the other quests like the one in Odin's Fjord or the Temple to give yourself a better chance.
4. Mana Potions and Mana Regen Potions. I did all the quests with my main weapon being a Iron Staff and used Mana Potions (Made with the Slimy Mushrooms) when needed or switched to my sword or pistol.

It's still in Alpha. I agree stuff should be tweaked but I love what I've seen so far.

Back
Top Bottom