New Water Physics, Coming Soon!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hooray! More graphical updates for people who like esthetics! Will mobs and projectiles like dart traps activates too? It would be awesome if dart traps would activate that.

Hooray! More graphical updates for people who like esthetics! Will mobs and projectiles like dart traps activates too? It would be awesome if dart traps would activate that.
While I'm not a developer, NPCs interact with the world (including water) much like players do, and Dart Trap darts are projectiles just like the Star Wrath projectiles seen interacting with the water in the video, so I see no reason to assume they don't.
I'm not aware of Dart Traps being able to fire in any angle that would allow the darts to enter water, but the point still stands.

there are a lot of very interesting ideas that could come out of this. Now I'm even more excited for what'll happen to it in the future !

While I'm not a developer, NPCs interact with the world (including water) much like players do, and Dart Trap darts are projectiles just like the Star Wrath projectiles seen interacting with the water in the video, so I see no reason to assume they don't.
I'm not aware of Dart Traps being able to fire in any angle that would allow the darts to enter water, but the point still stands.

Yup.

As of right now we have:
Off - Water as it is right now.
Low - You just get the passive water distortion, and things don't actually interact with it.
Medium - Players and most NPCs create ripples as they pass through water. (Along with other things like the drops of water from the ceiling)
High - Projectiles also create ripples and ripples can bounce off walls.

That looks pretty amazing!

Question; Is the water actually moving, or is that just a neat graphic effect? As in, could it spill over if an entity enters with enough velocity?

Also why in the :red: is it that even though I check the forums as soon as I get home from school I swear I never new update things like this until way later like why

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom