Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

Quick question that may have been answered already, or maybe not. I want to use a vanilla character in STW. When I copy the player files into the STW Player folder and launch STW, the character shows up on the selection screen, but without a picture of the character and when I click play, nothing happens. Can I not use vanilla characters in STW, then?
STW does not support Vanilla characters (although they should load..). We want you to start of your experience fresh.

I do have a question from an issue i noticed. I downloaded stw and when i went to play my vanilla terraria it will not play. Is there a way to remove your mod to get back to our regular terraria?
If you followed the instructions (or used the Installer) you can easily revert back to Terraria. First we just released an Uninstall feature on the Installer, so if you download it again you can use it to uninstall STW. Another option, which is also very easy is to navigate to where the STW Terraria.exe is located and rename it to STW.exe and then rename TerrariaVanilla.exe to Terraria.exe.
Let me know if you have any issues.

So I decided to try STW, and so far so good.

Install was easy (though instead of following the normal instructions, I used Game Launcher so that I can still play Vanilla Terraria when I want to -- you should include instructions on how to do that for those who don't know), and everything seems to work reasonably (though there's this weird jittery mouse cursor while changing worlds but meh).

I will, however, provide some feedback:

What's up with the total lack of knockback on anything? Seriously. First, you start us out with absolutely nothing but a copper broadsword, then you nerf our innate health regen to zero, then you make ingredients for potions super-hard to get (I see very few mushrooms growing anywhere), and THEN to top all that off... you put super-fast enemies that are almost immune to knockback. Oh, and quests only give you +5 HP here, +5 HP there which... does jack all to help you stay alive.

I slogged through the mines to get Mining Lv20 and made myself a Gold Pickaxe, Silver Armor, Gold Sword, Gold Bow... and now it looks like the game wants to send me to a fortress in the Crimson Desert. I get a quest there to burn some bodies and destroy a ghoul nest...

Haha, yeah right. First two ghouls that appear just absolutely rip me to shreds, becuase...

1). My HP is only 120.
2). Even though I'm wearing Silver Armor (Gold is what, 2 defense better? lawl), I get ripped to shreds in record time.
3). My weapons don't do very much damage to them at all.

What's up with this? This seems a bit unbalanced IMO. Yeah yeah I know everybody worships Expert Mode, but you know what? Not all of us do.

And don't EVEN get me started on some of the stuff in that pyramid... ugggh. Insta-kill traps FTL. Or the scads of darts/spikes with zero health regen and no potions (because there are no freaking mushrooms anywhere beyond the few I first harvested and long since used up by now)... oi.

So, my feedback:

1). Potions need to be easier to get if you're going to nerf health regen to zero.
2). Nerf mobs' KB resistance some; having ghouls crawling on you while you're running backwards is ridiculous.
3). I think the ghouls need a speed and perhaps a health/defense nerf too.
4). Mana regen is way too slow. It makes magic weapons worthless when you need 5 Mage Levelups to get a whopping +5 maximum mana and it takes 60 seconds+ to regen any mana.
Thank you for the feedback.
1.We are still fine tuning the Chemistry Skill as I agree with you some potions are a bit too hard to come by. We are looking into a better way to gain potion ingredients in general.
2. We are taking all combat feedback into consideration at this point, but no promises on anything just yet.
3. I've heard mixed things about ghouls right now, there are exploits to make them very easy to kill. So we need to work on finding the balance to make them not easy and not impossible.
4. We just recently gave the ability to regain mana while moving - something you used to not be able to do. This was done because we weren't having fun playing as mage ourselves. We are still tweaking the gameplay here and there. Keep in mind that using a staff vs a wand can really big a big difference in the amount of spells you can cast. Also keep in mind that mage is the highest DPS and therefore has to be balanced around mana usage.

Again, thanks for you feedback, we'll take all of it into consideration as we discuss changes to be made.
[doublepost=1476070222,1476070097][/doublepost]
Just putting my two sense in lol.

1. Mushrooms are fairly abundant if you watch for them. I usually had 20-ish potions at all times. Also, you can use bottled water that the Merchant sells. If you do some fishing you can cook them if you can find one of the rare cooking pots (Some in Ferrousanguis Castle) to get the Well Fed buff too.
2. I think it's more a matter of how low the weapons knockback is. Broadswords have Very Low Knockback and the other weapons are around there.
3. If you work on Chemistry before hand you can get some nice buffs to help plus only 3 can spawn at a time and you can get them stuck in the hole to the left of their nest. Also, you can do the other quests like the one in Odin's Fjord or the Temple to give yourself a better chance.
4. Mana Potions and Mana Regen Potions. I did all the quests with my main weapon being a Iron Staff and used Mana Potions (Made with the Slimy Mushrooms) when needed or switched to my sword or pistol.

It's still in Alpha. I agree stuff should be tweaked but I love what I've seen so far.
Very good points as well. Thank you for throwing in your two sense.

So a little more feedback now that I have more or less completed the entire mod thusfar (I think? I did every quest in the quest log). I eventually managed to finish the ghoul thing (I had to basically spam arrows and try to jump over the ghouls and smash the nest first...), though I don't know why the armor you get out of doing that is worse than silver/gold armor (which any sane person would have done grinding for as soon as they arrived at the mines...). I guess I was kinda expecting some sort of Crimson-ish armor from it, but saw that it was about the same as iron armor, I was like "...wha?". I suppose the set makes for a decent social slot equip?

That brings me to one piece of feedback I had: The difference between Copper and Gold weapons is so small, it's hard to notice the difference, like, Staves. Copper Staff does, IIRC, 17 damage and costs 3 mana. Gold Staff does 19-20 damage and costs 6 mana. Something doesn't seem right there, TBH. Unless, of course, that's only early game and that changes later, maybe there's a different growth curve or something? But so far, at Lv20 mage, it seems like I'm supposed to keep using the copper staff because of the huge mana difference.

Also, I really enjoyed that boss in the viking area. That was well done; a boss that's fought by very unconventional methods (the tutoral boss was rather cool too), even though it took me a few seconds to realize what was going on, lol.

Hi, I think I encountered a bug. I was on what looks like a bridge (just before the Guide's hut) and saw loots below. When I jumped under this bridge, wood blocked me on the way up.

I'd like to know : Is there any way to get unstuck ? (like teleport back to the spawn point ?)

What do I do at the top in the shrine after I finish the pyramid. I dont seem to gain anything and the quest is unfinished. Thanks for the answer.

Hi, I think I encountered a bug. I was on what looks like a bridge (just before the Guide's hut) and saw loots below. When I jumped under this bridge, wood blocked me on the way up.

I'd like to know : Is there any way to get unstuck ? (like teleport back to the spawn point ?)
In the pause menu, go to beta options, and enable block breaking. It also helps if you post a screenshot.

unable to download and play..i always got errors while downloading..and i click launch but still got an error.how to resolve?

system.net.webecception(403),couls not extract the zip file,could not merge content folder,could not add stw executable, and other 2 errors

Can you post a screenshot of the first error please?
39cW3

[doublepost=1476205523,1476205505][/doublepost]http://imgur.com/a/39cW3

obv...is the same i am writing
You could have been posting on a phone or similar device.
The 403 error seems an odd one to get in this situation. Can you try accessing this webpage: https://s3.amazonaws.com/super-terraria-world/SuperTerrariaWorld_v1_12_1a.zip

So after installing the 'new' version. My terraria wont launch at all. http://i.imgur.com/g0S52uS.gifv
Try launching using the ingame steam button, along with restarting steam. A screenshot of your Terraria folder would also be nice.

You could have been posting on a phone or similar device.
The 403 error seems an odd one to get in this situation. Can you try accessing this webpage: https://s3.amazonaws.com/super-terraria-world/SuperTerrariaWorld_v1_12_1a.zip

Try launching using the ingame steam button, along with restarting steam. A screenshot of your Terraria folder would also be nice.
well, I've just tested and terraria won't launch at all for me. Even after deinstalling. This is a screenshot of the folder (right?), currently I cant post a screenshot of my saves file as I deleted that and terraria did not install it again.

Edit: My antivirus says that the mod is a virus which may make this happen.

Edit2: Ok so for some reason, reinstalling terraria causes it not to download the terraria.exe so I just restored from my trashbin and now it does start. Trying to install the mod now

Last edited:
well, I've just tested and terraria won't launch at all for me. Even after deinstalling. This is a screenshot of the folder (right?), currently I cant post a screenshot of my saves file as I deleted that and terraria did not install it again.

Edit: My antivirus says that the mod is a virus which may make this happen.
That appears to be the vanilla installation of Terraria, and so if it won't launch, this isn't the place to ask for help. I recommend verifying the integrity of your game cache within steam.

That appears to be the vanilla installation of Terraria, and so if it won't launch, this isn't the place to ask for help. I recommend verifying the integrity of your game cache within steam.
I managed to fix it on my own. my antivirus (panda antivirus) saw the program as a virus so I shut it off and now it works.
[doublepost=1476215393,1476215029][/doublepost]Ok next issue. This mod hates me when I mess with the screen. It starts windowed, whenever I try to go fullscreen, it just goes white until I go windowed again. if I go to fullscreen in the settings, it looks rather weird (screen is very thin). and then if I try to go windowed again. the game just softlocks until I restart it. only for it to start up in full screen mode with the thin screen.

Back
Top Bottom