Minimap is disabling itself?

Wisp

Skeletron Prime
This is something that has bothered me for a while, whenever I enable the minimap, then join a world, the minimap won't appear, then I go back to settings, & it says minimap disabled. Any help?

Hmph, it sounds like an issue of the options not saving at all.
Would you mind trying to change a hotkey (such as quick mana button) to another hotkey, then hit "back" until you're in the main menu, quit , start Terraria again, and check if the key remained with the change?
If it did not, then please check your permissions over Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\config.dat

I have had the same problem for months. I tried your advice, and it did save the changes to the hotkeys, but the map remained disabled.

"Would you mind trying to change a hotkey (such as quick mana button) to another hotkey, then hit "back" until you're in the main menu, quit , start Terraria again, and check if the key remained with the change?"

I don't know if it helps, but the map can be enabled/disabled until I enter a game, at which point I exit to return to the main menu to fix it, and it will not be enabled.
Any help is appreciated!

Would you mind trying to change a hotkey (such as quick mana button) to another hotkey, then hit "back" until you're in the main menu, quit , start Terraria again, and check if the key remained with the change?
If it did not, then please check your permissions over Users\YourUserName\Documents\My Games\Terraria\config.dat
Might also be that you have them in READ ONLY, remove that and you should be golden.

The hotkey wouldn't save, so I changed the config data to "Read and write", I then did the same thing, but the hotkey still didn't save :/
might I also add that whenever I start, it asks me to chose a language though i have already done so. :/

this is a very strange problem but since i cant help i would just try right clicking on your game in steam clicking delete local content (you don't need to back up the game it doesn't remove your worlds or players) and then downloading it again

this is a very strange problem but since i cant help i would just try right clicking on your game in steam clicking delete local content (you don't need to back up the game it doesn't remove your worlds or players) and then downloading it again
done this a countless # of times. it dun work :(

If I create a new player and world, the map does not appear, but I can enable it when I return to the main menu (I cannot do this with previously made characters/maps). I tried deleting a character to get rid of the bug(?) but it still disables itself. I should mention that all of the map options are disabled (full screen, etc.) if that changes anything. Lastly, why isn't this an in game option???? I can't think of anything else like this that can't be changed in game :/ Looking for any ideas at this point

Wow, and here I thought I was the only one with this problem :D

Well, I am also having this problem: I have tried enabling/disabling it, I have tried to change it via its notepad config, and I have also tried to delete it and re-download it and see if that made a difference. But sadly, not with the results, I was looking for. :sigh:

So, if anyone knows any other way/technique that I haven't tried yet, then please do tell me/reply! :merchantcry:

Back
Top Bottom