NPCs & Enemies The Mastermind (Not an Mechanical Brain)

Burst

Empress of Light
I kinda believe that there should be a hardmode brain boss, however, not really a "mecha brain", but a normal, non-metal brain.

I proudly present.. THE MASTERMIND!

He looks like a giant blood scaled and much more monstrous version of the Brain of Cthulhu.

• 30000 HP (20000 HP + Ichor Creepers each 1000)
  • 15 defense
  • 30 damage (Expert Mode: 60 damage)
  • 45 damage (Expert Mode: 70 damage)
Phase 1:
Stays in the middle, swarming Ichor Creepers around, which drop Ichor blasts on the ground, which explode into Ichor streams. He is invunerable at this point.

Phase 2:

Once one of his Ichor Creepers is killed, hesends the other ones at you, which shoot you with ichor streams, while the Mastermind occasionally dashes at you. He looks a bit damaged now.

Phase 3:
Once all of his creepers are killed, he gets vunerable, shooting blood pulses, which have a slight homing.
He tries to reach you with her tentacles and has a slight chance to grapple you, dealing major damage and inflicting Ichor. Those tentacles ocassionally shoot ichor
streams. He looks far more damaged.

Final Phase:
He splits into four smaller Masterminds, all sharing 5000 HP and healing each other when not attacking for 5 seconds. Two of the brains dash at you, inflicting
ichor, the other two shoot Ichor blasts all over the place and occasionally shooting blood pulses. Once two brains are dead, the remaining two form back together.
He now shoots constant streams of ichor in a star shape for a few seconds, then dashing, then repeating. Once dead, the brain explodes in blood and leaves it's
drops on the ground. He now looks almost completely broken, with blood dripping and it's heart having scars.

Expert addition: The brains don't form back together, but still keeping the final attack. Double the final attack, dangerous the battle.

DROPS:
20-40 Soul of Plight
10 Gold Coins
5-15 Greater Healing Potion
Mastermind Trophy
Mastermind Mask
15-35 Hallowed Bars
Treasure Bag (Mastermind) (only in Expert)

The Treasure Bag contains following:
The normal drops

The Mind of Cthulhu. Makes you immune to ichor, makes you explode in ichor streams once you take damage, blood pulses occasionally shoot out, slightly
homing at enemys. Expert only of course.

Tzrechaos had the idea of renaming the Soul of Fight to Soul of Spite or Soul of Right. He had as well the idea that the Mechanical Cart could shoot ichor lasers in Crimson Worlds.

Alright - that's it!
If you have awesome ideas, you can write it down below!
Have a nice day!

Last edited:
The expert mode item seems a bit useless. And it sounds just like the brain of chatulu, but with more health and ichor shots. Should change it to something more original.

The expert mode item seems a bit useless. And it sounds just like the brain of chatulu, but with more health and ichor shots. Should change it to something more original.
I made this because the destroyer is not that unique too. It's just an tanky eater of worlds with lasers and probes. I could add one more attack, but i won't change the boss completely.

idea u can fuse the bloody scarf with the worm scarf and fight what about right spite instead of fight megashark = mightyshark or something like that also expert drop either u can fuse bloody scarf with worm or u upgrade the mechanical wagon to bloody wagon not just regular lasers it shoots ichor lasers

idea u can fuse the bloody scarf with the worm scarf and fight what about right spite instead of fight megashark = mightyshark or something like that also expert drop either u can fuse bloody scarf with worm or u upgrade the mechanical wagon to bloody wagon not just regular lasers it shoots ichor lasers

First: This boss is crimson only, unless you cheat or bringing the corruption into an crimson world (with help of an Clemtaminator), there is no way to get the Worm Scarf there.
Second: Spite sounds good, I will update the thread with User Ideas. :)
Third: This idea doesn't seem bad either, but it doesn't make sense. I will add it to the user ideas section tho.
[doublepost=1485098984,1485098490][/doublepost]Changed the Expert Item. Added "User Idea" section to the thread.

Back
Top Bottom