Will you be there to face what comes next?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What if it wasn't a boss at all, but something similar to the ice golems, red devils and sand elementals. Maybe something that would even challenge the strongest of players yet only spawns on blood moons.

I wonder...

Attachments

• tumblr_nun7v7dnyc1rfcxgro6_400.gif
    tumblr_nun7v7dnyc1rfcxgro6_400.gif
    1.4 MB · Views: 198
This thing is only about three times taller than the player.
If this was the boss it would be the smallest boss ever...

That's not exactly true. Lunatic Cultist is smaller than this thing; He's the same size as the player.

As for my thoughts, I kind of think it's an Ocean boss. So far, it seems that everything is Ocean-based. And while I do agree that the Snow Biome needs more love than the Ocean, I feel that this will be the Ocean update. I mean, think about it. We've had the Desert, Snow, and Dungeon Biomes buffed during the 1.3 Updates. Perhaps 1.3.5 will be the Snow Biome Update, and 1.3.4 will be the Ocean Update?

Last edited:
I remember all the speculation about 1.3'd moon Lord, and i don't we will get a correct answer, so I am just waiting for a correct release date. Until then, I'll watch you guys make obscure meme references.:D

I agree with ChippyGaming on all except that I'm almost certain it *is* an invasion event, but themed around Dungeon Defenders. I cannot believe that a portal that lets you go to another world be a "minor" release (i.e. 1.3.x). Such a change would necessitate far reaching changes - you'd need new biomes with new blocks etc, new save structures to save the "parallel world" data to, as well as lots of new mobs, etc. Also, it would be such a huge feature that tying it to a game cross over would seem like an anticlimatic way of launching it.

A themed invasion event, on the other hand, needs maybe a dozen enemies and some things for them to drop. It would match perfectly with other themed invasions, like martian madness - i.e. monsters from another world invading. The difference here might be that a number of portals spawn, which in turn spawn the mobs, instead of having them spawn off screen.

Edit: What clinched it for me was the portal in the Dungeon Defenders spoiler clearly has the moon lord carved into the ritual circle the portal is on.

As an aside, I'd expect DD players would be most likely to get the same thing - a portal that spawns a new set of enemies based on those in Terraria.

I cannot believe that a portal that lets you go to another world be a "minor" release (i.e. 1.3.x). Such a change would necessitate far reaching changes - you'd need new biomes with new blocks etc, new save structures to save the "parallel world" data to, as well as lots of new mobs, etc.
I Had actually said something like this earlier, i'm glad you could go into more detail about it.

I Don't think an update adding another world would be classed as version 1.3.4, and not 1.4.

I think this will be a boss that comes the night after you beat the moonlord, the effects just show it, the effects are like....... THAT ONE THING THAT THE LUNAR CULTISTS ARE AT!

I'm thinking maybe a sandstorm mini-boss (just because I really want one) or maybe another post Plantera dungeon mini-boss (like a giant wisp)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom