Standalone Super Terraria World - MMORPG Style Mod - Server and Client Mod

was really loving the game great design work here but damn just lost all my work so sad
20161028132151_1.jpg
q
[doublepost=1477677530,1477677432][/doublepost]Starting again this time will be quicker

This is probably me just being stupid, but 2 very important tips that should be mentioned at some point in the beginning is that some friendly NPCs can be attacked and will jail you so don't spam weapons around for fun, and at some point you should use an instance world to get better equipment as I was expecting my spark beginning wand to carry me through until I got another weapon and some equipment from quests - I ended up accidentally rescuing the dryad by making the enemies despawn.

Also I have no clue on how to craft most of the time, I really need a list of crafting recipes or else I'll never complete the ritual dryad quest lol

I loaded up your player file, and it appeared like this:
upload_2016-10-29_12-43-16.png

Sadly, I think it has become corrupted.

This is probably me just being stupid, but 2 very important tips that should be mentioned at some point in the beginning is that some friendly NPCs can be attacked and will jail you so don't spam weapons around for fun, and at some point you should use an instance world to get better equipment as I was expecting my spark beginning wand to carry me through until I got another weapon and some equipment from quests - I ended up accidentally rescuing the dryad by making the enemies despawn.

Also I have no clue on how to craft most of the time, I really need a list of crafting recipes or else I'll never complete the ritual dryad quest lol
Right now you need to use the Guide, Siv, to see crafting recipes. We will be making it easier in the future to see what you can craft.

I cannot reply in the bug discussion so I will post it here. A biome goblin spawned underground, It may just be a room that I never found. Terraria will always have incredibly wonky spawns I guess. lol edit: For documentation purposes only I have gotten the 2 charges glitch.

Attachments

• 20161029203528_1.jpg
    20161029203528_1.jpg
    47.8 KB · Views: 222
Last edited:
for easy early money just do this: mine the mushrooms for a little bit of trade goods, then go to the fisherman, DO NOT do his quests, instead just buy bait and fish n the lake by his house, the only thing you get is the small crystal fish and it sells for like 25 sp a pop, you can easily get 40 gold per 10 silver spent on bait, you do not want to level from quests though because the normal fish sell for less

Hey i have a problem, when i install this mod, i cant opened because a problem, no suitable graphics found, also i cant play the vanilla someone can help me please i really like this name and i wanna play it so if anyone have the solution please say me and thanks

I really enjoyed this mod alot! The only thing I missed in the alpha version was a kind of 'end-quest' but I realise this will come in the future when the mod is fully operational . Keep up the good work! Some more lore-related secrets could also give more value to the RP-standalone, together with some more use for fishing instead of making it a hidden goldmine if you do the challenges in the fishing cave.

Explosive traps do not destroy tiles. (bug?) Would love to see wiring in "home" worlds like the fjord and siv portals. Just realized you named the main area after a dev. this may not matter, but it is possible to get to the upper part of the pyramid without using a charge of the bottle. It would be impossible to go any further however.

Last edited:
Love this mod but currently I don't see the point of having a mining skill level. All of the ore are pretty much in a single town and nothing stopping you from getting gold/plat armor or whatever asap beside the boredom of grinding because the game forced it onto you. A silly bottleneck when crafting level also exist on top of that to act as a bottleneck already. Learn from Runescape's mistakes. No one find making 200 of an item just to sell to make an item that they actually wanted in the first place fun. A better system is ignore the Runescape logic of having skills just for the sake of having extra junk to level but instead just have combat levels reflect how well you can use the items if you must have a level at all. A person don't need to know how to smith a shield to know how to use it to protect him, likewise a person who can masterfully craft a sword can still use it poorly. If I wanted to play a complete idiot as a character who don't know how to hit a rock to collect ore then Runescape already exist as a F2P game, you could save a ton of time with the mod and go play that instead. One of the good things about Terraria, you only get what you need/want to use and the game doesn't waste your time or treat you like an idiot by trying to squeeze 60+ hours out of you with pointless grinding. If you want 50 copper for an iron sword for "balance reasons" then just make that a quest to gain access to a iron area of the mine requiring that amount. At least that would make sense.

Don't get me wrong though, I might sound like Mr. Negative here but this is literally my only complaint and you can't really denied that I make a fair point. The rest of the game is amazing. Was slightly disappointed with the chest near the fishing hut and the chest in the ice area having nothing as well but I am assuming stuff will be added to them later. The mining skill level being a thing is just silly and seem to be there because it is traditional for games to waste their player's time nowadays, traditional or not a bad idea is still a bad idea. I'm hoping you guys would like to be good and not just traditional.

Last edited:
Hey there! The Mac version doesn't seem to be working out exactly the way it should be... there is an Terraria.exe file inside instead.

I'm new to this and I want to know, what's with all of those statues spread out all over the place that look like the need to be lit on fire?

Edit: Also I made it over the hill in the Great Forest. If you don't want anyone getting over that hill, you may want to make it much higher.

Last edited:
Love this mod but currently I don't see the point of having a mining skill level. All of the ore are pretty much in a single town and nothing stopping you from getting gold/plat armor or whatever asap beside the boredom of grinding because the game forced it onto you. A silly bottleneck when crafting level also exist on top of that to act as a bottleneck already. Learn from Runescape's mistakes. No one find making 200 of an item just to sell to make an item that they actually wanted in the first place fun. A better system is ignore the Runescape logic of having skills just for the sake of having extra junk to level but instead just have combat levels reflect how well you can use the items if you must have a level at all. A person don't need to know how to smith a shield to know how to use it to protect him, likewise a person who can masterfully craft a sword can still use it poorly. If I wanted to play a complete idiot as a character who don't know how to hit a rock to collect ore then Runescape already exist as a F2P game, you could save a ton of time with the mod and go play that instead. One of the good things about Terraria, you only get what you need/want to use and the game doesn't waste your time or treat you like an idiot by trying to squeeze 60+ hours out of you with pointless grinding. If you want 50 copper for an iron sword for "balance reasons" then just make that a quest to gain access to a iron area of the mine requiring that amount. At least that would make sense.

Don't get me wrong though, I might sound like Mr. Negative here but this is literally my only complaint and you can't really denied that I make a fair point. The rest of the game is amazing. Was slightly disappointed with the chest near the fishing hut and the chest in the ice area having nothing as well but I am assuming stuff will be added to them later. The mining skill level being a thing is just silly and seem to be there because it is traditional for games to waste their player's time nowadays, traditional or not a bad idea is still a bad idea. I'm hoping you guys would like to be good and not just traditional.
@CursedMoose can speak better on this, but right now mining and crafting are carefully balanced around each other. If you mine enough ore to get full copper gear and a weapon set for example you will have gained enough XP to advance to iron for both mining and crafting. The XP rates are not designed around crafting 200 items and selling them. Since this is an RPG you are expected to put some effort into the skills and you'll find that they are much more reasonable than XP rates for Runescape :p.

Terraria doesn't make you grind out mining to get the gear you want, but instead makes a combination of RNG and grinding which can be considered a lot worse imo as you have no idea when you'll actually get what you want when you add RNG. We've eliminated the need to make armors out of anything other than what you mine. If you want Gold armor for example you're going to have to first go through the other tiers before reaching it, and all we are requiring of you is to craft pretty much one full set of gear for each tier to reach the next.

If you want to talk more about mining we'd gladly discuss it with you on our Discord Server. :)

As you pointed out about the chest, items will be added to them in the future. We are working on reward system to encourage you to discover and rediscover chests.

Hey there! The Mac version doesn't seem to be working out exactly the way it should be... there is an Terraria.exe file inside instead.
The Mac version does work. The Vanilla Terraria that you are playing is a .exe, but it is hidden from you. You'll need to follow the instructions for installing it:

1. Using the link above download Super Terraria World and open the zip file.
2. You will see the following key items:
1. A folder named Content
2. An executable named Terraria.exe
3. A folder named STW Worlds
4. A folder named STW Players​
3. Open up My Computer and navigate to where your original Terraria executable is. This is located in the Terraria.app file which is usually:
1. Library/Application/Steam/SteamApps/common/Terraria/
2. Open your Terraria.app file by selecting Show Package Contents from the right click menu
3. Open the folder Contents/MacOS/​
4. Rename the original Terraria.exe from this folder to TerrariaVanilla.exe
5. Copy and Paste the folder named Content that you downloaded from step 1. to the directory from step 3. You should already have a folder named Content here - the two folders will merge.
6. Copy and Paste the Terraria.exe you downloaded from step 1. to the directory from step 3.
7. Now open up My Documents and navigate to where your Terraria save files are. This should be similar to:
1. Library/Application Support/Terraria​
8. Copy and Paste the folder named STW Worlds and STW Players to this directory.
Please note:
* STW Worlds may not be compatible with Vanilla Terraria.
* STW Players are definitely not compatible.​
9. You can now just launch Terraria from Steam. When you do Super Terraria World will launch.

I'm new to this and I want to know, what's with all of those statues spread out all over the place that look like the need to be lit on fire?

Edit: Also I made it over the hill in the Great Forest. If you don't want anyone getting over that hill, you may want to make it much higher.
Those statues are a teaser for an upcoming update. ;)
Thanks for reporting about the hill! We plan to be fixing it in the near future. ^__^

just a thought to help reduce the amount of xp grind hate due to people not knowing whats the real info, how about add in a "trainer npc" he can show you the xp gain rates, recipie unlock, modifier effects, treasure pools unlocked, stat bonuses, applicable items, and relevant npcs for each skill,

he could also sell blueprints that you earn by bringing him quest items (gems maybe?) after being high enough level to start the quest (that way you can't get the next tier without entering a more dangerous area)

i mean the items could just be mine in a scary place until you get a gem (rare spawn in special ores equal to their tier) and you could even require both previous tier to make the next one as well as everything else

I've reached the sky portion of Temple of Ra but instead of having an exclamation mark there it was just the thing with (...) dialogue. Is this a bug or did a miss something? I got the bottle and the Relic.

Every shortcut after the place you get the bottle also did not open so it makes me think a script got stuck somewhere.

EDIT. Fixed it, apparently the trigger was stuck on the chest you get the bottle, I trashed the one I had and got a new one and the exclamation mark was gone. Can't say I know what caused it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom