1.3.4 is LIVE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's this on the floor? Oh, a sleeping NPC, Hi! Sell me a shiny crystal? Sounds cool, gimme! So, whats it do?...

[3000+ goblinoids worth of running round screaming with a Terra Blade later....]

Probably should have checked the forums before I did that...

When I saw they updated summons to be able to direct attacks I was excited. Summoner was my favorite class but it needed a little extra something. Minion Direction has always been a thing I though the summoner should have in some form or another.

Whether the update is simply unimpressive on it's own merits, or I measured it too harshly against my own idea, I couldn't say which. But I was disappointed.

At LEAST make the command a right-click function that doesn't make the annoying summoning sound! Perhaps a short, dinging sound, if any.

Or rather, actually, it would feel more natural to have the summoning on right-click and then left-click for command, since you'll only use the summoning to call them up.

In other news, I was also disappointed with the Blizzard not getting it's own music the way Sandstorms do. I'm hoping that's just something you guys are having trouble putting a new tune to?

That's a bit harsh. Did you try this patch as a fresh newcomer or with your maxed end-game geared character?

There a 8 new armors( 2 tiers ) and they do (stats wise) compare a lot to near as strong as end-game gear is. As it is, you can finally combine melee, ranged and caster with minions. Insanely great imho.

As for the tunes, i didn't listen to it a lot but it didn't feel that bad either. As for the the summoning right click sound, it is indeed kinda annoying on long term usage.

Overall, for a 0.0.1 patch, it is great.
[doublepost=1479250330,1479250243][/doublepost]
How do i access the harder waves? It only goes to wave 5. Do i need to kill certain bosses?
I think it does track your gaming progression with bosses. Did you beat plantera? Golem? Cultist? Pillars? Moon-lord?

Summoners can now direct their minions to attack a specific target of their choosing. To do this, the summoner must Right Click over an enemy while holding a minion summoning staff. Minions with line of sight on that enemy will target it immediately. However, if the minions do not have line of sight, they will continue to attack targets at random.
Nice. :)
Not quite the idea we had with using flares to direct summons (red pirioty, blue avoid) and having the summons also able to guard a spot by shooting a red flare at a block.
(with pirioties as follows: Red enemy > Blue enemy > Red Block > Blue Block, the last of which seems fairly useless unless you want to build and your summons get into your face i guess)

But we can wait and hope can we? :)

How do i access the harder waves? It only goes to wave 5. Do i need to kill certain bosses?
I too am curious about this subject. So far, only tried it once, fought thousands of the same enemy and eventually logged due to time issues with the event unresolved. Post-Golem world here, not seen any rewards yet (albeit after leaving event unfinished; got the impression I was doing something wrong and was stuck in a loop), will be eagerly watching this thread and the wiki for more info on how this works. Pretty fun though

I too am curious about this subject. So far, only tried it once, fought thousands of the same enemy and eventually logged due to time issues with the event unresolved. Post-Golem world here, not seen any rewards yet (albeit after leaving event unfinished; got the impression I was doing something wrong and was stuck in a loop), will be eagerly watching this thread and the wiki for more info on how this works. Pretty fun though
You didn't get a wave progression bar? Was your crystal at the same height the portals opened?

I wish i had an infinite wave hahaha

You didn't get a wave progression bar? Was your crystal at the same height the portals opened?

I wish i had an infinite wave hahaha
One of the portals opened a few blocks higher than the crystal/other portal. Wasn't a prepared area, just a flat bit of land near my house where I fight off goblins/solar eclipses etc. Used to be a tree farm but there are too many gravestones in the way now...
[doublepost=1479251228,1479251139][/doublepost]
Did see a progression bar for the first few seconds, went away though. Was in multiplayer if that makes a difference (hosting); other player died lots...

Do I end it by letting them smash the crystal? Anything bad happen?

That's a bit harsh. Did you try this patch as a fresh newcomer or with your maxed end-game geared character?

There a 8 new armors( 2 tiers ) and they do (stats wise) compare a lot to near as strong as end-game gear is. As it is, you can finally combine melee, ranged and caster with minions. Insanely great imho.
I think perhaps you misunderstood what I was complaining about. lol

I was complaining that the functionality of the new command summoners can use to tell their minions to attack. I don't think it's as great as it COULD be.

And honestly you could ALWAYS mix minions with other classes. It's as simple as wearing summoner armor, summoning your minions, and then joining the fight with a different class weapon. It's never been hard (and has always been the only valid way to play Summoner anyway). All ReLogic did was add a way for Summoners to interact with their minions and it's not a very IMPRESSIVE interaction. I don't mean damage wise, I just mean overall it doesn't feel like something I'll care to use.

One of the portals opened a few blocks higher than the crystal/other portal. Wasn't a prepared area, just a flat bit of land near my house where I fight off goblins/solar eclipses etc. Used to be a tree farm but there are too many gravestones in the way now...
[doublepost=1479251228,1479251139][/doublepost]
Did see a progression bar for the first few seconds, went away though. Was in multiplayer if that makes a difference (hosting); other player died lots...

Do I end it by letting them smash the crystal? Anything bad happen?
You may have got yourself a multiplayer glitch. Did you try again on a fresh restart?

You may have got yourself a multiplayer glitch. Did you try again on a fresh restart?
I will tomorrow. Its late....

Edit: also it won't be "try again", hopefully it will be " continue": i left game with the thing still running. Pretty close to spawn point, crystal's on half health, dunno, might get there in time

Last edited:
ok i get to wave 5 or 6 wasnt paying attention and die from wyverns. ok ok i can stategize against them. BUT THE INVISABLE MONSTERS THAT DONT SHOW UP TILL THEY HIT YOU OR YOUR CRYSTAL AND JUST WALK PAST ALL YOUR DEFENCES!.................thats just bull.

I started looking for places to start up the event. It's hard to find a flat area large enough for this, as I was often rejected. Before I start building a sky island or digging out a tunnel, what is the minimum size this needs to be in order for it to work?

I started looking for places to start up the event. It's hard to find a flat area large enough for this, as I was often rejected. Before I start building a sky island or digging out a tunnel, what is the minimum size this needs to be in order for it to work?
I don't know about the minimum size but i use a built flat surface of at least 200 blocks total left to right with the crystal right in the middle of it.

About 2 screens-ish, mebbe 3 for safety, possibly goes wrong if a bit too small

ok i get to wave 5 or 6 wasnt paying attention and die from wyverns. ok ok i can stategize against them. BUT THE INVISABLE MONSTERS THAT DONT SHOW UP TILL THEY HIT YOU OR YOUR CRYSTAL AND JUST WALK PAST ALL YOUR DEFENCES!.................thats just bull.
This is awkward because i've got through the whole event without an invisible monster a t all. Do you have a flat surface?

Can he be found pre-hardmode?
I found him in my pre hardmode world. We are post Skeletron and I happened to find him while going down. I didn't even know what he was at first, but I when over to have a look. I don't know what the requirements for him to appear, but it's not hardmode I can tell you that.

I found him in my pre hardmode world. We are post Skeletron and I happened to find him while going down. I didn't even know what he was at first, but I when over to have a look. I don't know what the requirements for him to appear, but it's not hardmode I can tell you that.
The requirement is the brain of cthulu or eater of worlds being beaten.

- A new ability for Summoner players to direct their minions to attack a specific target
tumblr_nmxr22djU01qd5mq1o1_500.gif

Summoning intensifies !!!!

WHERE'S OUR CORRUPT DRYAD? huh? Cmon I want one along with dungeon defenders. Anybody else?
Besides very nice update. Can't wait to play it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom